ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA 2022 season

Action galore last night. Highlight game was Chicago(Kahleah) vs #1 Las Vegas. Chicago was losing 41-18 after 1.
So stupid went to sleep. Well guess who came back and won, even with Kah having an off night? Yep.

Thanks for posting. We haven't been following the league much this year (watching 42 seasons of Survivor to be honest) and I use your posts to "check in" every once in a while.

Check on the Rutgers alums and also McDonald from Arizona with Atlanta.

Question - what's going on with Delle Donne - does she not play 2 games in a row?

You are very welcome. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread. I feel like Kia, and Piph are just about done. So, I love to watch Kahleah, and Erica, and hopefully Betnijah if she comes back from her knee surgery. Also, love them as they will be the last of CVS coached kids in the WNBA. Sigh.
Delle Donne? Waste of talent, don't think I've seen her once this year.

Great win for Liberty tonight, even without Betnijah.

What prompted the Delle Donne question was that she has the 3rd most points per game (career) in the WNBA. On the UConn board they were touting career points totals for a couple of their former players and I used the link and was surprised. Cynthia Cooper and Brianna Stewart are ahead of her. Of course, Delle Donne's totals are going down year by year.

Cappie is 16th on that list.

I don't think Delle Donne is having back problems. I think they are just managing her workload so she can last a full season.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Aces continue their dominance at the top. Becky Hammon will be an NBA coach before long. Being with Popovich was great teaching experience for her.

Liberty had actually been on a pretty great roll, and should have won this game after a huge 4th quarter comeback. But they did not defend the last possession of regulation well, and Wheeler hit a huge shot to send it into OT (this is also a classic you're up by 3 do you foul or not connundrum).

Reactions: RUcrazee
Only 1 game. Old lady Kia V. good game, Erica also. So in OT the dream defeat The Liberty who remain lost without Betnijah IMO.
It will be very interesting to see how things play out with the Liberty as they continue to settle into the system of the new coach.

Am I the only one that feels like there was not a smooth chemistry with Ionescu and Laney on the court together last season nor the start of this one . Maybe it was the last coaches system that didn't maximize their talents together. They seemed to take turns running the offense and Sabrina would just go into a shell of what we know she's capable of. Maybe she wasn't fully healthy, but it looked to me like she likes to have full control. This new system should allow both to play well together because it gets everyone involved.

Now with Johannes playing well, and the team winning most of its games these days,..... Laney, Willoughby, Rebecca Allen eventually come back from injury to join Johannes, Whitcomb, Onyenwere, Richards, and Dangerfield(if she's still on roster??).

That's a lot of people looking for playing time on the wing. At least Betnijah can also move over to the point when Sabrina takes a breather.

It will be very interesting to see how things play out with the Liberty as they continue to settle into the system of the new coach.

Am I the only one that feels like there was not a smooth chemistry with Ionescu and Laney on the court together last season nor the start of this one . Maybe it was the last coaches system that didn't maximize their talents together. They seemed to take turns running the offense and Sabrina would just go into a shell of what we know she's capable of. Maybe she wasn't fully healthy, but it looked to me like she likes to have full control. This new system should allow both to play well together because it gets everyone involved.

Now with Johannes playing well, and the team winning most of its games these days,..... Laney, Willoughby, Rebecca Allen eventually come back from injury to join Johannes, Whitcomb, Onyenwere, Richards, and Dangerfield(if she's still on roster??).

That's a lot of people looking for playing time on the wing. At least Betnijah can also move over to the point when Sabrina takes a breather.
Not a fan of Brondello at all, and her husband is the assistant coach. Next their kid will be the water boy. Hard to really dissect this team right now as at least half the games are not on YES anymore. Their games are on some pay channels like the Mets, and Yankees. Ionescu, and Betnijah always looked uncomfortable with each other. Ionescu has been doing really well of late. Who knows what will happen. I hope when Betnijah comes back she is a force again. Onyenwere is going to be a force, I hope.
The other night when our Erica hit that long 3 to send the game with the Libs into OT was great.

Not a fan of Brondello at all, and her husband is the assistant coach. Next their kid will be the water boy. Hard to really dissect this team right now as at least half the games are not on YES anymore. Their games are on some pay channels like the Mets, and Yankees. Ionescu, and Betnijah always looked uncomfortable with each other. Ionescu has been doing really well of late. Who knows what will happen. I hope when Betnijah comes back she is a force again. Onyenwere is going to be a force, I hope.
The other night when our Erica hit that long 3 to send the game with the Libs into OT was great.
Enjoy Brondello. We had her in Phoenix, and while I didn't particularly "dislike" her, it always seems that she had a ceiling on what she could accomplish.

There is no issue with Lange (her husband). He has huge experience, having been a national team head coach for the Russian Federation and various levels of German national teams, many overseas teams, including head coach UMMC Ekaterinburg with 5 Russian Premier League Championships. Arguably he is much more accomplished than she is.

Of course, Brondello has also been head coach of the Opals (her husband is an assistant there, too).

The Liberty!! Wow! When they are hitting from behind the arc, they are fun to watch. Finally Sabrina is consistently giving us all that was advertised and more, as the number one pick out of Oregon.

Han Xu was just as amazing with her versatility, inside, beyond the arc, and defensively on Asha Wilson in the second half.

Betnijah and Jocelyn Willoughby just need to make sure that when they come back, they are money from behind the arc and they can make this team a true championship contender with the depth they will have.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Kia is playing her role very well for the Dream. She is giving solid minutes and is hitting the perimeter shots at a high percentage, the games that I watched.

I think Erica is having a tough time getting into a groove because the team is still feeling each other out. The development of Aari McDonald is happening pretty fast. Her impact on the game is commanding more minutes. Long-time Dream player, Tiffany Hayes can be a little ball-dominant when she's in the game. Erica is still figuring out how to "get in where she fits in"with this Atl team, IMO.

Enjoyed the All-Star Game and yesterday's Skill Challenges. Seeing Zoe Brooks and Sabrina win. Also got a glimpse of the aforementioned on this site, Taylor Derkack.

Sylvia Fowles' dunk was the highlight of the game today along with the acknowledgement of BG.

THE moment of the entire ASG was one that no one talked about or may have even noticed on the broadcast.

I've always admired Sue Bird for the player and league ambassador that she has been over her career. At the very end of the broadcast, I became a fan. Hard for me to be a fan of a Husky, lol.

At the end of the game, the ref walked over and handed Sue the game ball. I said to myself, is there another game ball that will go to Sylvia?? If not, then it was not a good move by the ref. As the players celebrated, Sue walked around with the game ball under arm. Sylvia and others were interviewed and finally Sue. After Sue's interview, she walked over to Sylvia, shared some words, hug, and handed her the game ball!..........................That's the kind of character that this world needs more of, IMHO. Love you for that Sue!

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT