Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Josh Allen: 37
Josh Rosen: 29
Sam Darnold: 28
Baker Mayfield: 25
Lamar Jackson: 13

....a 13???? WOW! :eyes:

Wyoming's Josh Allen.. I wonder if that Wonderlic score earns him some extra $$$

I don't understand why he isn't seen as the possible top pick. He can throw a ball 70 yards without trying, so it's not like he's Chad Pennington. (Yeah, yeah, Wyoming, but Wentz put that nonsense to rest.)

Super Bowl Winning QBs Wonderlic scores since 2000

Eli-39
Rodgers-35
Tom Brady-33
Warner-29
Peyton-28
Brees-28
Wilson-28
Flacco-27
Ben 25
Dilfer-22

Johnson-Unavailable

Reactions: redking
I don't understand why he isn't seen as the possible top pick. He can throw a ball 70 yards without trying, so it's not like he's Chad Pennington. (Yeah, yeah, Wyoming, but Wentz put that nonsense to rest.)
right? he is quite an arm.. and that wonderlic proves he can probably learn any playbook.. otherwise, why are they bothering to give the Wonderlic?

12 Worst:

Score
Name College Position
4 Darren Davis Iowa State RB
4 Morris Claiborne LSU CB
5 Ed Prather Mississippi State DB
6 Oscar Davenport North Carolina QB
6 Frank Gore Miami RB
6 Vince Young Texas QB
7 Kelvin Benjamin Florida State WR
7 Tavon Austin West Virginia RB
7 Terrelle Pryor Ohio Sate QB
8 Bobby Wagner Utah State LB
8 Vince Evans USC QB
8 Chris Leak Florida QB

https://herosports.com/nfl/worst-wo...orne-frank-gore-vince-young-tavon-austin-aiai

12 Worst:

Score
Name College Position
4 Darren Davis Iowa State RB
4 Morris Claiborne LSU CB
5 Ed Prather Mississippi State DB
6 Oscar Davenport North Carolina QB
6 Frank Gore Miami RB
6 Vince Young Texas QB
7 Kelvin Benjamin Florida State WR
7 Tavon Austin West Virginia RB
7 Terrelle Pryor Ohio Sate QB
8 Bobby Wagner Utah State LB
8 Vince Evans USC QB
8 Chris Leak Florida QB

https://herosports.com/nfl/worst-wo...orne-frank-gore-vince-young-tavon-austin-aiai

I somewhat recall some Nebraska people talking about Darren Davis when he was a recruit. The knock on him was that he wore a very small size shoe and his IQ number was smaller than his shoe size. This somewhat proves them correct. He was a very good college football player though.

If you had $5.00 and a loaf of bread costs $1.00, how many loaves of bread could you buy?

This is one of the tougher questions on the Wonderlic Test.

Reactions: patk89 and Randal7
Lamar Jackson has also refused to be timed in the 40, saying that his game speed is more important than his 40 time.

Multiple red flags IMO.

Not running the 40’isnt a red flag. We already know he’s fast.

The Wonderlic has items with a range of difficulties. The other aspect that makes it somewhat difficult is that it is timed. Many, probably most, people, will not finish. It's not a bad measure for a very quick test. But it does rely pretty heavily on school-based learning.

Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw scored 15 on his Wonderlic.

As I recall, Bradshaw struggled to learn the game his first few years. There was a lot of talk about him being too dumb, but Noll stayed after him and he came around in a few years (great guy in person btw).

I've read the Wonderlic isn't that much of a test, but I've found with QBs it kind of makes sense. Not too many of the low scoring QBs do much career wise.

A few years ago I started going to high school games with my high school QB. He played QB in USFL/ NFL for 7 years. Its exhausting to watch a game with him. His head is wrapped around so man things on a snap. Line stances, corner cues, hash marks, field position etc. He really thinks very strategically about many things on every play. I realized just how much playing QB is a whole lot different from other spots, and a person needs to be quick on their feet with judgements. Just having a good arm/legs isn't enough

Johnny Manziel's Wonderlic results:

51775177.jpg

too soon?

Gotta hit the target once in awhile too. That’s the main concern.

Reactions: RUwoz
Not running the 40’isnt a red flag. We already know he’s fast.
It could be refusing to run the 40 might be his way of saying judge me by my QB ability and don't think of moving me to another position if you want to draft me.
The Wonderlic Test probably hurts him, but that's not going to stop a team from drafting him in first/second round and Lamar wants that to be as a QB no matter how he scored on that test.

Reactions: madchuck
It could be refusing to run the 40 might be his way of saying judge me by my QB ability and don't think of moving me to another position if you want to draft me.
The Wonderlic Test probably hurts him, but that's not going to stop a team from drafting him in first/second round and Lamar wants that to be as a QB no matter how he scored on that test.

Now it’s a lock- Jackson to...The Jets!

Being able to do some quick math or interpret a written question in a timed setting does not translate into being a good QB. You can get a perfect score on that test and make dumb*ss decisions on the field when you have 270 lbs DEs coming after you. In my line of work, literally some of the smartest people on the planet cave under pressure and some of those you would think aren't that smart have the most sound judgment under the same circumstances. Fact: You don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to play football at a high level. Lamar Jackson is going to have a fine career.

Reactions: madchuck
Being able to do some quick math or interpret a written question in a timed setting does not translate into being a good QB. You can get a perfect score on that test and make dumb*ss decisions on the field when you have 270 lbs DEs coming after you. In my line of work, literally some of the smartest people on the planet cave under pressure and some of those you would think aren't that smart have the most sound judgment under the same circumstances. Fact: You don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to play football at a high level. Lamar Jackson is going to have a fine career.
I think you're missing the point here. The goal of the Wonderlic as used by the NFL is precisely to see if you can handle a moderate level of complexity quickly. That's what Brady and Peyton could do. Same with a number of the other greats, but not all of them. Here's a good piece on the Wonderlic and QBs.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl-quarterback-wonderlic-scores-matter-a-great-deal-042417/

I took the test online yesterday. It's not that any of the questions are particularly difficult, but to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes some of which require several steps of mathematics is where scores for most people would be limited. I tried to answer as many questions correctly as I could with the time allotted and I got 37 out of 38. I was unable to reach 12 of the questions. If I were smart I would have spent the last 20 seconds filling in an answer at random for the remaining questions and I probably would have gotten three or four more correct.

Reactions: cicero grimes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT