ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should probably also try to flip Austin Desanto from Drexel, who just majored Mejia 18-5 at Pitt & beat Spencer Lee in state finals, albeit an injured Lee. Kid is on a tear & looks great on his feet.

Reactions: brentx35
Glasgow takes the title 24-9, he likes to takedown and let up. His toughest opponent was the quarterfinals. That guy should have been on the other side of the bracket.

Was Eric Chakonis and Rutgers a possibility at any point ?

Maybe Glasgow is our starter at 165 next year? Id like to RS him but he might be our best 165 guy NOW even in HS. If so, get him on the mat.

Finally starting to land some B1G time recruiting talent. That will only increase with the new facilities being built. Wonder if we are in the market for another big name wrestler for the SKWC too.

What other offers did Eric Chakonis have besides Bucknell ?
His older brother wrestles at Northwestern.
He's at NW but probably wont ever see the starting line up. Getting most of your education @NW for free is worth the splinters. Heavy's are hard to project-beat up on HS kids for 4 yrs, but hard to tell if it transfers to college.Not getting EC is not a big deal.

He's at NW but probably wont ever see the starting line up. Getting most of your education @NW for free is worth the splinters. Heavy's are hard to project-beat up on HS kids for 4 yrs, but hard to tell if it transfers to college.Not getting EC is not a big deal.

Zach Chakonis just finished his RS Freshman season backing up a more experienced Conan Jennings, who beat Jared Johnson 4-0 and Austin Schafer 8-0 in the NCAA Tournament.

Many people feel that Eric Chakonis will be better than Zach.

Which speaks to my point that with another year solely focused on wrestling he could develop into an AA caliber wrestler.

That is because he had a shitty first part of the season when he had not knocked off the rust from 3 years of not wrestling genius.

Bill, Do you think Gross is making mistake in playing football and not wrestling year round, since he was on verge of qualifying for NCAA this past year?

Bill, Do you think Gross is making mistake in playing football and not wrestling year round, since he was on verge of qualifying for NCAA this past year?

I think he's making a mistake. You have an opp't to be an all american, that's top 8 in the country. Or, you can be a backup defensive lineman for our football team, that will suck next season.

I think he's making a mistake. You have an opp't to be an all american, that's top 8 in the country. Or, you can be a backup defensive lineman for our football team, that will suck next season.

Pretty unlikely he would be all American. He's solid but not all American caliber in my opinion.

Reactions: IroniaHorse
It's his life, let him do what he wants. Maybe he will get scouted or by a NFL agent or something. If anything, playing football will help his conditioning.

Gross came to RU to play football not wrestle, he obviously likes Football more than wrestling. He has a chance to play Football again and wants to play, not sure how you can say "is he makingn a mistake" He did improve as the year went on, and think he would have had a solid year next year.....All American-don't really think he would have come close to an AA.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
That is because he had a shitty first part of the season when he had not knocked off the rust from 3 years of not wrestling genius.

That isn't the only reason. Gross also lost ugly in a few of the matches that he lost during the B1G Championships, making it impossible for him to get an at-large bid. Collin Jensen, a wrestler that Conan Jennings pinned during the B1G's, pinned Gross in one real bad loss during that tournament.

Rutgers needs a good wrestler at 285 that is commited to wrestling 100%.

Do I think he is making a mistake planning football? Well, if he continued wrestling through the summer and fall he would continue his upward trajectory he showed this year. That being said, if his heart is in trying football again God Bless him. Coach Goodale blessed the move so who am I to question it. He will be available to wrestle as early as early December if we don't go bowling. We will need a heavy for the November and December matches/tournaments.

@RUWrestling said if we get 3,000 retweets they will put us back on their schedule! Let's make it happen New Jersey wrestling fans!

This was a tweet from Rider wrestling yesterday.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
@RUWrestling said if we get 3,000 retweets they will put us back on their schedule! Let's make it happen New Jersey wrestling fans!

This was a tweet from Rider wrestling yesterday.
I heard we were planning on more interesting OOC matches next year. Not quite what I had in mind.

I heard we were planning on more interesting OOC matches next year. Not quite what I had in mind.

Wrestling Rider does not excite me. If I want to see Rider, I can drive to Lawrenceville. Bring in a team from another part of the country. Keep the Princeton match as they are our partner in the NJRTC and drew over 16,000 to the Battle at the Birthplace

Wrestling Rider does not excite me. If I want to see Rider, I can drive to Lawrenceville. Bring in a team from another part of the country. Keep the Princeton match as they are our partner in the NJRTC and drew over 16,000 to the Battle at the Birthplace

Speaking of next years Schedule .... everyone will be VERY Happy with next year's home slate. Should be officially out in a week or two. And no I will not tell you what it is. Some on here got it from the same person I did so they are already aware

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT