ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone explain the world team trials to a novice wrestling fan? My last question was in regard to the RTC which Jaroslav Hasek explained perfectly. I am very knowledgeable on the NJ High School scene, but I know that is merely the tip of the iceberg on the bigger picture.

I bought two season tickets this year thanks to you guys and the information you bring to the table. Thank you.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I'll take a stab, since I'm here, but I'll admit, I'm relatively inexperienced on the world scene.

The U-23 world team trials that you are hearing about right now are United States trials to determine which U.S. wrestlers will represent the U.S. at the U-23 World Championships to be held in November in Poland. The U-23 stands for under 23, but the actual age constraints are 19-23, with exceptions for 18 year-olds who can get in, if their doctor and their mother sign waivers.

U-23 is a new wrestling classification. Before now, you would typically hear about the Junior World Championships (U-20) and the Senior World Championships. For each of those, there is also a U.S. team trial to determine the wrestlers who will represent the U.S.

Finally, there are a host of qualifying criteria that can be met in order to be allowed to enter the trial tournaments. For instance, Top 6 from Fargo, NCAA D1 All-American, Previous Junior World Team member, are just some of the qualifying criteria.

All of this and more can be found at https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling.

Reactions: obrats and Sect120
I'll take a stab, since I'm here, but I'll admit, I'm relatively inexperienced on the world scene.

The U-23 world team trials that you are hearing about right now are United States trials to determine which U.S. wrestlers will represent the U.S. at the U-23 World Championships to be held in November in Poland. The U-23 stands for under 23, but the actual age constraints are 19-23, with exceptions for 18 year-olds who can get in, if their doctor and their mother sign waivers.

U-23 is a new wrestling classification. Before now, you would typically hear about the Junior World Championships (U-20) and the Senior World Championships. For each of those, there is also a U.S. team trial to determine the wrestlers who will represent the U.S.

Finally, there are a host of qualifying criteria that can be met in order to be allowed to enter the trial tournaments. For instance, Top 6 from Fargo, NCAA D1 All-American, Previous Junior World Team member, are just some of the qualifying criteria.

All of this and more can be found at https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling.
Thank you very much for clarifying!

First match for Richie Lewis will be on Sunday vs Grant Zamin

And in an interesting match Alex Mackal faces Daton Fix

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/op...507411504904&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=635

Lewis's opponent , Zamin, appears to be an incoming freshman at Wisconsin- LaCrosse Lewis then will get the winner of Lavian Mayes vs Landon Knutsen.
Anthony Collica appears to be the top seed in this bracket.

Last edited:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/op...507411504904&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=635

Lewis's opponent , Zamin, appears to be an incoming freshman at Wisconsin- LaCrosse Lewis then will get the winner of Lavian Mayes vs Landon Knutsen.

I hope I’m wrong but Fix will be extremely tough to handle for almost anyone.

I hope I’m wrong but Fix will be extremely tough to handle for almost anyone.

I think Fix will be hard to handle for everyone - at NCAAs, much less this tournament. That WNO match a few years ago with Suriano could have gone either way. Fix is top, top level with guys like Suriano, Spencer Lee and the like. I don't see Mackall staying with Fix at all. TF is most likely outcome.

I think Fix will be hard to handle for everyone - at NCAAs, much less this tournament. That WNO match a few years ago with Suriano could have gone either way. Fix is top, top level with guys like Suriano, Spencer Lee and the like. I don't see Mackall staying with Fix at all. TF is most likely outcome.
As much as it pains me to agree with Matter (that was a joke). I would expect a first period TF.

Reactions: matter7172
If Lewis is going to be a serious contender this year, this upcoming match with Lavion Mayes will be one to watch the result of. On deck.

Remember how people made fun of me when I said a month ago that Richie would would win an NCAA crown this year?

Only outsiders. I sat next to Lewis at an RU baseball game and saw him squeezing hand grips to strengthen his fingers and hands the entire game, while at same time drinking from a gallon size jug of water. We chatted for about 20-30 minutes and this guy was ready to go right then and there, lol. From reading his background you know Richie Lewis is one intense dude.

You're comparing a free
Can you compare and contrast this tournament with the NCAA tournament? Are there any differences?
Does a blue book and a dozen number 2 pencils come with the questions? How long does the class have for the quiz?

Last edited:
Lewis wins Rd 1!!!! Needs 1 more win to goto worlds 6-2 score

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT