ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa State got a verbal commit from NJ class of 2019 Chris Foca (Bergen Catholic). He is currently ranked #13 by FloWrestling for class of 2019, but honestly I think this Kids stock is going to rise.

Not sure where Paramus Kyle Cochran is going but here is the video of him beating Foca for the NJ 160 pound title in March. I think his dad runs a wrestling camp, but not positive.

Not sure where Paramus Kyle Cochran is going but here is the video of him beating Foca for the NJ 160 pound title in March. I think his dad runs a wrestling camp, but not positive.

Cochran beat Foca in Semi finals last season before losing to Lewis from Bound Brook. Foca ended up 3rd.

Cochran is at Maryland. Don’t know if he red shirts or wrestles 157 as Jos Ugalde of Bound Brook is at 165. Maryland has Diehl at 141 who is not bad and Bannister at 149 who had Theobold’s number. They have a good 285 in Hermida.

Disappointing about Foca. I had hoped we would be in position to get a commitment from him. Especially considering the high school. He is going to be very good.

Bill (or anyone that knows) you mentioned that wrestle-offs would be closed to the public, any idea when they will take place?

Media day for wrestling, above is a 18 minute video. It is coach Goodale talking and then taking questions.

Some of my takes

Ash is out as we all know,and Ash will decide when he is ready to come back.
Grello out 2 weeks and will not wrestle-off for 174, will wrestle in some open tournaments and see how that goes
Messner out 2-3 weeks
Correnti mised a little time and as mentioned is going to redsirt and be at 285 going forward.
Pete Lipari batteling with MVB for the starting 141 spot
JVB and Donner batteling for 165
(this could just be me reading into coaches body language) I don't think he is happy where Mulligan is and may be worried about 197

Question about the team depth and coach (and my opinion also) is the team doesn't have that much depth if you are talking about Big-10 wrestling depth couple of weights have depth but as a team it is lacking

Plenty of other things talked about in the 18 minutes, listen and let me know your thoughts.

Media day for wrestling, above is a 18 minute video. It is coach Goodale talking and then taking questions.

Some of my takes

Grello out 2 weeks and will not wrestle-off for 174, will wrestle in some open tournaments and see how that goes
Messner out 2-3 weeks
Correnti mised a little time and as mentioned is going to redsirt and be at 285 going forward.
(this could just be me reading into coaches body language) I don't think he is happy where Mulligan is and may be worried about 197

Question about the team depth and coach (and my opinion also) is the team doesn't have that much depth if you are talking about Big-10 wrestling depth couple of weights have depth but as a team it is lacking

Plenty of other things talked about in the 18 minutes, listen and let me know your thoughts.
I think Correnti is going to do great at heavyweight. I was quite surprised he cut all the way down. He played football the year before at 245lbs. So he can naturally carry the weight required.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Question about the team depth and coach (and my opinion also) is the team doesn't have that much depth if you are talking about Big-10 wrestling depth couple of weights have depth but as a team it is lacking.

That is pretty much true for any team in college wrestling these days. To think you will is fairly unrealistic.

Reactions: RickB113
It is a brutal sport as Suriano found out last year. To think you will go 5 months without injuries is unrealistic.

It is a brutal sport as Suriano found out last year. To think you will go 5 months without injuries is unrealistic.

That's true also. That's why you need guys that are head and shoulders above the other guys at their weight class and who perform that way consistently on the big stage. Penn State has had major injuries to guys in the starting lineup pretty much every year in their run since Cael came, but they have overcome them. The days where Gable had 3 or 4 guys at a weight class who could compete well at nationals are long gone. If you are lucky, you might have 1 high quality wrestler backing up at each weight, but even that is a luxury few, if any, have.

Some of my takes

Messner out 2-3 weeks

I should have also mentioned Goodale was very complimentary to Gross. Thinks he has improved the most on the team (can’t remember his exact words).

Obrats
Go back to one of my summer posts where I said Gross is much improved over last year.

Yes I think my buddy Mr. Gross can beat Hermida. He just has to go out and do his thing and keep the pressure on him.

I read somewehere that Grello had surgery and is out a couple of weeks, therefore misses wrestle offs at 165. If he wasn't injured would he have been a favorite to win the 165 starting spot? Will he get a chance at starting lineup once he is over his injury?

I read somewehere that Grello had surgery and is out a couple of weeks, therefore misses wrestle offs at 165. If he wasn't injured would he have been a favorite to win the 165 starting spot? Will he get a chance at starting lineup once he is over his injury?

Grello will be at 174 and will wrestle in some opens and then challenge(according to Coach Goodale)

I don’t begin to understand the rules. All I know is what the boys tell me from their own mouths and I told you this summer Nick had 2 more years.

Reactions: RUpop and TRU2RU
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT