ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis won his first 2 rounds in Poland...perhaps he's referring to that? If not I bet it's a top 2019 recruit that committed.
Yeah i saw the boom before the Lewis stuff. Timing would indicate Lewis not a recruit

Lewis won his first 2 rounds in Poland...perhaps he's referring to that? If not I bet it's a top 2019 recruit that committed.
Yeah i saw the boom before the Lewis stuff. Timing would indicate Lewis not a recruit
70 kg: BOOM! Richie Lewis (USA) defeats Zulfikar Makhamatov (Kazakhstan), 7-2, to advance to the title match at #U23Worlds!

#RelentlessPursuit

Pagano wins the Mat-Town Open 7-0 in Finals
Cleary finishes 2nd loses by Fall to Nick Lee

Is Pagano's participation in this Open Tournament an indication that Grello is now going at 174 in our duals? I know he edged Pagano at Army but did not see anything definitive afterwards.

Semi finals for todays Cliff Keene Tourny in Las Vegas (streamed on Flo
wrestling)

Semifinal Matchups

125 Pounds

No. 12 Taylor LaMont, Utah Valley vs No. 16 Connor Schram, Stanford

No. 7 Sean Russell, Edinboro vs No. 19 Jacob Schwarm, UNI

133 Pounds

No. 2 Stevan Micic, Michigan vs No. 9 Luke Pletcher, Ohio State

No. 5 Jack Mueller, Virginia vs No. 13 Josh Terao, American

141 Pounds

No. 3 Bryce Meredith, Wyoming vs No. 11 Yianni Diakomihalis, Cornell

No. 12 Josh Alber, Northern Iowa vs No. 6 Chad Red, Nebraska

149 Pounds

No. 3 Max Thomsen, Northern Iowa vs No. 6 Troy Heilmann, UNC

No. 9 Justin Oliver, Central Michigan vs No. 5 Colton McCrystal, Nebraska

157 Pounds

No. 12 Alec Pantaleo, Michigan vs No. 4 Tyler Berger, Nebraska

No. 6 Micah Jordan, Ohio State vs No. 5 Josh Shields, Arizona State

165 Pounds

No. 15 Evan Wick, Wisconsin vs No. 9 Nick Wanzek, Minnesota

No. 7 Te'Shan Campbell, Ohio State vs No. 4 David McFadden, Virginia Tech

174 Pounds

No. 1 Zahid Valencia, Arizona State vs No. 7 Taylor Lujan, Northern Iowa

No. 5 Myles Amine, Michigan vs No. 3 Bo Jordan, Ohio State

184 Pounds

No. 2 Myles Martin, Ohio State vs No. 19 Taylor Venz, Nebraska

No. 6 Zack Zavatsky, Virginia Tech vs No. 5 Domenic Abounader, Michigan

197 Pounds

No. 1 Kollin Moore, Ohio State vs No. 9 Matt Williams, CSU-Bakersfield

No. 3 Jared Haught, Virginia Tech vs Stephen Loiseau, Drexel

285 Pounds

No. 2 Adam Coon, Michigan vs No 14 Nathan Butler, Stanford

No. 5 Jacob Kasper, Duke vs No. 4 Tanner Hall, Arizona State

Finals Matchups
125 No. 12 Taylor LaMont, UVU vs No. 7 Sean Russell, Edinboro

133 No. 9 Luke Pletcher, tOSU vs No. 13 Josh Terao, AU

141 No. 11 Yianni Diakomihalis, Cornell vs No. 12 Josh Alber, UNI

149 No. 6 Troy Heilmann, UNC vs No. 9 Justin Oliver, Cent. Mich

157 No. 12 Alec Pantaleo, UM vs No. 6 Micah Jordan, tOSU

165 No. 15 Evan Wick, UWI vs No. 4 David McFadden, VT

174 No. 1 Zahid Valencia, ASU vs No. 3 Bo Jordan, tOSU

184 No. 2 Myles Martin, tOSU vs No. 5 Domenic Abounader, UM

197 No. 1 Kollin Moore, tOSU vs No. 3 Jared Haught, VT

285 No. 2 Adam Coon, UM vs No. 4 Tanner Hall, ASU

Finals Matchups

141 just got scarier with freshman yianni knocking off meredith.... he really could win it all this year...

Finals Matchups

This is the best college tournament outside the NCAA tournament. Anyone catch the true freshman DeSanto from Drexel, took out the #2 ranked Micic from Michigan 23-10? This is the same kid that beat Spencer Lee at the PA State Finals last season (should be noted that Lee was injured).

125- Frosh Lamont, Utah Valley, wins it all 4-3, very impressive , takes out Lizak last night and now Russel

141- Cornell super freshman Yianni D wins it all 8-2

149 Justin Oliver, CMU beats Heilman, UNC 9-7

174- Jordan mounts a comeback, but Valencia hangs on 9-6. Good action match.
There has got to be more of a penalty than choice of position for throwing the "brick" in for a review when you know there is no shot of a over-turn. Zeke Jones threw the brick to give Zahid a "lunger"

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
There has got to be some kind of penalty for throwing the "brick" in for a review when you know there is no shot of a over-turn. Zeke Jones threw the brick to give Zahid a "lunger"

I saw that happen a few times in the tourny, was wondering the same thing. Like taking a 'gasser'.

This is the best college tournament outside the NCAA tournament. Anyone catch the true freshman DeSanto from Drexel, took out the #2 ranked Micic from Michigan 23-10? This is the same kid that beat Spencer Lee at the PA State Finals last season (should be noted that Lee was injured).
Personally, I just don't see a need for putting the asterisk beside DeSanto's name for beating Lee when he was injured? We don't do that for every other wrestler that beats an injured wrestler.

DeSanto could have waltzed through 132, but was embarrassed by his performance against Lee the year before, and had the guts to drop down to face one of the best wrestlers PA has ever seen. It's not his fault Lee was injured, so I don't think credit should be taken away from him. You can only wrestler who's in front of you.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
There has got to be more of a penalty than choice of position for throwing the "brick" in for a review when you know there is no shot of a over-turn. Zeke Jones threw the brick to give Zahid a "lunger"
The only thing that gave me some solace for that cheap lunger timeout was that Zeke used it against Tom Ryan, who has been known to use them for his own guys. And, Ryan had the gall to stand there and whine about it.

The only thing that gave me some solace for that cheap lunger timeout was that Zeke used it against Tom Ryan, who has been known to use them for his own guys. And, Ryan had the gall to stand there and whine about it.
interesting way to look at it..didn't notice Ryan whining. Not like Zeke isn't known for doing this kind of BS.as long as shakey calls go against guys you dont like,everythings cool?

Reactions: Leonard23
interesting way to look at it..didn't notice Ryan whining. Not like Zeke isn't known for doing this kind of BS.as long as shakey calls go against guys you dont like,everythings cool?
No, it's still not cool, and refs need to have some discretion in awarding a penalty and choice of restart. Make the penalty bad enough that coaches will second guess themselves before throwing the brick.

No, it's still not cool, and refs need to have some discretion in awarding a penalty and choice of restart. Make the penalty bad enough that coaches will second guess themselves before throwing the brick.

Award a point to the other wrestler for calls that are not overturned.

I re-watched it just now. Zeke wasn't even going to make the challenge, until Zahid flailed his arm for a timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT