ADVERTISEMENT

A number of things

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
It's time to get a Saturday CBS game. It would be a marketing bonanza to the nation and the program is certainly better than the Johnnies who are on now. As to recruiting,Betsey is getting closer and closer to Duke. As to coaching changes,Painter is most definitely it interested in the open ND along with the Charleston and Delaware coaches. Pitino to St.John's could happen. Mike Rhoades,Mike Brey and Pitino,Jr.are all in play at Georgetown.

What a joke
Painter has been an ND fan his entire life. He has always coveted the job and now that the ACC is way down, it is more attractive. Everyone in the coach search community knows that it is his to lose if ND is willing to go 8 years at 3.75 million plus.And the person who said it is valuable leverage to get a Purdue raise is also spot on. We shall see but the tea leaves are there.

Painter has been an ND fan his entire life. He has always coveted the job and now that the ACC is way down, it is more attractive. Everyone in the coach search community knows that it is his to lose if ND is willing to go 8 years at 3.75 million plus.And the person who said it is valuable leverage to get a Purdue raise is also spot on. We shall see but the tea leaves are there.
You know your stuff so I’m sure there is plenty of smoke for sure. I just don’t see him actually leaving unless Purdue is being cheap. If they are, then he’s gone.

Sorry, I was referring to Ohio State’s TV exposure , not Painter.
My bad

Makes no sense on Painter as he is a Purdue Alum and has stated how great it was to represent that school that he went to. Doubt he goes anywhere

It's time to get a Saturday CBS game. It would be a marketing bonanza to the nation and the program is certainly better than the Johnnies who are on now. As to recruiting,Betsey is getting closer and closer to Duke. As to coaching changes,Painter is most definitely it interested in the open ND along with the Charleston and Delaware coaches. Pitino to St.John's could happen. Mike Rhoades,Mike Brey and Pitino,Jr.are all in play at Georgetown.
Wow thought Brey was done. Would GT really hire Brey?

College basketball nerds love the Johnnies for some god forsaken reason

Last edited:
Did we ever have a shot at getting Betsey?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
College football nerds love the Johnnies for some god forsaken reason
They get the most exposure per unit of goodness in the nation, slightly above UCLA. That’s why we need a businessman (not Hobbs) helping Schiano with football. We can be NYC’s 3rd pro football team, and yet we struggle to beat Temple. Football is sitting on a winning lottery ticket but the Rutgers’ children in charge are too stupid to see it.

Yes, “stupid” is very much the correct and appropriate.

Yeah. If only we played Michigan on CBS so everyone could have seen that game. Ok.

How about next year and year after?
no. I think I heard we're 1-18 (maybe now 1-19) since perhaps the 1976 final four. We appear to have "little boy" complex vs. them. We seem to get slapped around by them and it's not even their POS coach doing it.
I'm hopeful the future is bright as we need less offensive coaching and players who just know what to to do with the ball.

Reactions: Rutgers56
RU 72 is definitely connected and most of what he says is reality. Rumors circle around in AAU circles like snow on a windy day. Some of them are gospel and some are fictitious. Some guys talk just to talk. Over the years a lot of what Richard says comes true. Is Brey looking for a new job? Probably. Is Rutgers looking at a transfer from a nearby Ivy? YesWill Rutgers take a foreign tour this summer? yes .

Reactions: Loyal-Son
We need our games done by Dick Enberg and Al Maguire.

Last time we did that, we played, fresh off the holiday festival championship, UCLA in Paulie Pavilion on the first Saturday in January (1979)…NBC national game wirb enberg, packer and McGuire

They did no research on the game , as Al McGuire kept saying during the game when Bailey wasn’t getting the ball enogh ….”Where is Rodney Duncan “…. Which everyone connected to RU knew that Tom young said “Rodney isn’t shoootng the ball well right now , so he isn’t playing “…as code that he was in ton young permanentl dog house . Also shoukd have knkw we just beat St Johns and Ohio state with Duncan ….

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Last time we did that, we played, fresh off the holiday festival championship, UCLA in Paulie Pavilion on the first Saturday in January (1979)…NBC national game wirb enberg, packer and McGuire

They did no research on the game , as Al McGuire kept saying during the game when Bailey wasn’t getting the ball enogh ….”Where is Rodney Duncan “…. Which everyone connected to RU knew that Tom young said “Rodney isn’t shoootng the ball well right now , so he isn’t playing “…as code that he was in ton young permanentl dog house . Also shoukd have knkw we just beat St Johns and Ohio state with Duncan ….
What Young did with Duncan was a sin. Grown man needs to do better.

I remember that Bill Parcells also built a dog house as part of his approach to keeping players in line. Bobby Knight of course had one too. Think it was the way coaches back then related (/didn't relate) to their players. I won't blame Tom Young for making it "my way or the highway." He was a product of his time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT