BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

South Florida wasted a whole 16-2 AAC season for the NIT

And bubble teams smiling from ear to ear

One spot now opens as Florida Atlantic moves in as the projected AQ

LAST FOUR BYES: NORTHWESTERN, MICHIGAN STATE, OKLAHOMA, TEXAS A&M

LAST FOUR IN: SAINT JOHN'S, VIRGINIA, SETON HALL, NEW MEXICO

FIRST FOUR OUT: PROVIDENCE, PITTSBURGH, INDIANA STATE, OREGON

NEXT FOUR OUT: KANSAS STATE, OHIO STATE, VILLANOVA, WAKE FOREST

SOME CONSIDERATION: IOWA, NORTH CAROLINA STATE, SOUTH FLORIDA, CINCINNATI, UTAH, MEMPHIS, RICHMOND, VIRGINIA TECH

Reactions: silkcitypirate
subject to change hourly

MIDWEST REGION DetroitSOUTH REGION Boston
1) Purdue1) Houston
16) Wagner / Howard16) Stetson/Grambling State
8) Texas8) Nebraska
9) Colorado9) Colorado State
5) BYU5) South Carolina
12) McNeese State12) Grand Canyon
4) Auburn4) Illinois
13) Samford13) Vermont
6) Texas Tech6) ↓ St Mary's
11) Drake11) Virginia/Seton Hall
3) Creighton3) Duke
14) Colgate14) Oakland
7) Washington State7) Utah State
10) Oklahoma10) Florida Atlantic
2) Marquette2) Arizona
15) Fairfield15) South Dakota State
WEST REGION – Los AngelesEAST REGION – Boston
1) North Carolina1) Connecticut
16) Longwood16) Stetson
8) Boise State8) Dayton
9) Mississsippi State9) TCU
5) San Diego State5) Wisconsin
12) James Madison12) Virginia Commonwealth
4) Alabama4) Kansas
13) Akron13) Yale
6) Florida6) Clemson
11) New Mexico/St John's11) Texas A & M
3) Baylor3) Kentucky
14) Charleston14) Oakland
7) Gonzaga7) Nevada
10) Northwestern10) Michigan State
2) Tennessee2) Iowa State
15) Western Kentucky15) UC Davis

Reactions: cicero grimes
Illinois and Auburn both with every right to move up to 3 taking the spots of Duke and Kentucky. Kansas also is currently on the 4 but has the resume of a 3. NCAA guy Gavitt said today they have been advised that the injured Kansas players will play in the NCAA tourney so that may put them back in play for a 3.

San Diego State and Wisconsin both have shots to move up to a 4 as Alabama's spot is tenuous

East looks tough. Would they really put Creighton and Marquette in the same bracket. I could see them flipping Baylor over to the Midwest.
Great job as always this year.

East looks tough. Would they really put Creighton and Marquette in the same bracket. I could see them flipping Baylor over to the Midwest.
Great job as always this year.
by rule, they have to be put in different regions, this is just to give a visual right now based on my true seed list

also i am debating the overall status of the order of the Purdue, UConn, Houston...Purdue may not be the overall 1 anymore

Reactions: cicero grimes
Texas A&M falls to Florida...still think the Aggies are okay

Florida has a shot at 5, could flip with South Carolina but do not want to put too much weight on the conference tourney as they came in more a deep 7

If new Mexico wins who falls into the play in game with st. John's. I assume mew mex would move up as mwc champ

Do you have a darkhorse team you like this year.
I think beyond Houston and UConn...anyone can beat anyone.

I like San Diego State to do well again. They will be a 4/5 and if they get Purdue or North Carolina they can knock those 1s off Of the higher seeds I think Marquette, Kentucky and Tennessee could do very well

I think if St Johns gets in the tournament they can make the sweet 16 and elite 8 given the right draw

also would not be surprised to see Fla Atlantic pulling a surprise...they may end up an 8/9 so that will be a problem

Thoughts on the MWC? Are they going to get 6 to 7 in? I have no idea how they do it

Thoughts on the MWC? Are they going to get 6 to 7 in? I have no idea how they do it
likely 6 but if anyone misses its New Mexico....though Colorado State may be closer to the cut line then many think

they do it by beating up on each other, winning lots of Q3 games by large margins and then pulling out some good quality wins OOC

likely 6 but if anyone misses its New Mexico....though Colorado State may be closer to the cut line then many think

they do it by beating up on each other, winning lots of Q3 games by large margins and then pulling out some good quality wins OOC
It's made itself into a really fun conference.

Reactions: biazza38
Brad has all 3 Big East bubbles in the last 4 in, sorry no way that Virginia/Pitt are left out at the expense of taking all 3...one will not make it

The point shavers ain't messing around. This is stunning. Up 7 now

FAU should not be in if they lose to this shit team yet they will...one win over Arizona (as if thats an accomplishment) will trump 3 horrific losses

9th/10th rated conference does not deserve a 2nd bid to a school that didnt even win the regular season like Indiana State did

FAU should not be in if they lose to this shit team yet they will...one win over Arizona (as if thats an accomplishment) will trump 3 horrific losses
I hope they don’t get in only because of last season’s run. Btw, looks like there’s about 300 people at the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT