ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

if Oregon wins, the best thing about this is not only wipe out Virginia but also all 3 Big East bubble teams.

In reality full scrub coming tomorrow so things can change and those schools like Oklahoma and FAU are going to be scrutinized as well. I think Michigan State is safe given their metrics and clean resume and sos.

Reactions: gregkoko
NC State likely is 11 if precidence from a couple years back when Va Tech made a similar run with similar metrics. That at least in my bracket will push Drake to a 10 seed and NC State will be on the 11 line with James Madison. The 4 plays ins will remain as 11s
Oregon State was a 12 when they won PAC12 tourney a few years ago IIRC. But they were the worst team in that conference that year I think. So I guess that's the floor

for now...... in the morning it will be 9 schools for 4 spots pending the Oregon/Colorado game

LAST FOUR BYES: DAYTON, NORTHWESTERN, COLORADO STATE, MICHIGAN STATE

LAST FOUR IN: SETON HALL, FLORIDA ATLANTIC, OKLAHOMA, TEXAS A&M

FIRST FOUR OUT: VIRGINIA, SAINT JOHNS, PROVIDENCE, PITTSBURGH

NEXT FOUR OUT: INDIANA STATE, OREGON, KANSAS STATE, OHIO STATE

SOME CONSIDERATION: VILLANOVA, WAKE FOREST, IOWA, SOUTH FLORIDA, CINCINNATI, UTAH, MEMPHIS, RICHMOND, VIRGINIA TECH

Oregon State was a 12 when they won PAC12 tourney a few years ago IIRC. But they were the worst team in that conference that year I think. So I guess that's the floor
yeah thinking 11 but they could be a 10 or could be a 12, their metric still are below Drake, James Madson. Alot of interesting seedings coming up..New Mexico and Colorado if they win..and what if Oregon wins

And down go the tar heels. Can't remember the last time 3 projected number 1 seeds lost on the eve of the tournament but it probably does not happen that often.

Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel

Iowa too. Worry for them. Saw OOC rated 231.

But Oklahoma, Providence, New Mexico, TCU even worse.

Committee can’t say tourneys don’t matter.

Argument for expanding tourney.

yes Virginia or seton hall is gone....for now...or it could be Florida Atlantic...or Oklahoma
Seton Hall is probably toast. Carino had this late yesterday, early today:

"Any concerns about falling out would be assuaged if two of the following three things happen: North Carolina beats N.C. State in the ACC Tournament final, Colorado beats Oregon in the Pac-12 Tournament final, and Florida Atlantic wins the AAC Tournament.

2 of those 3 things did not happen, and could be 3 of those three things not happening with Oregon up 70-64 and 1:09 remaining.

Some bracketologists suggesting a play in game for 10 seed. Has that ever happened?

So as silly as it is it could come into play if Oregon wins

11 seeds: Oregon, N C State, Drake, James Madison

We would have 2 10s but then the other 4 play ins get the 7s

It would be a screw to the 7s

They could also do one group as 11s and the other 2 as 12 seeds..they split them before...they also can move 2 of the AQs to 12

In this scenario Drake is a 10

So as silly as it is it could come into play if Oregon wins

11 seeds: Oregon, N C State, Drake, James Madison

We would have 2 10s but then the other 4 play ins get the 7s

It would be a screw to the 7s

They could also do one group as 11s and the other 2 as 12 seeds..they split them before...they also can move 2 of the AQs to 12

In this scenario Drake is a 10
That’s I guess the issue. Is it fair to the 7’s ?
Head spinning trying to figure this out. But maybe easier?? I don’t know.

Long Beach State up 3 late.

Rooting for them, their longtime coach was told he won't be back next season, right before the big west tourney
Great for them!! Also Vegas… will sorta
Long Beach State AD seems douchey now.

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT