ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I cannot find a list of NCAA football teams with most games played.... any help appreciated

LC-88

All American
Apr 24, 2010
Lists for most wins, most games in a series, bowl games, etc. Can't find a list of most games played since 1869. I'd hope we would be near the top.

If we are #1, that explains why the list is hidden.

Any help appreciated. THX LC-88

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_win–loss_records

It’s Wikipedia so not sure the source, but you can sort the chart by all time games played

Lists for most wins, most games in a series, bowl games, etc. Can't find a list of most games played since 1869. I'd hope we would be near the top. If we are #1, that explains why the list is hidden. Any help appreciated. THX LC-88
From 1869-2022, Rutgers has played 1,399 games – the second most football games ever played and first among Division I Football Bowl Subdivision teams. According to College Football Data Warehouse, they trail Pennsylvania (1,426) and recently passed Yale (1,371).

From NCAA Division I on wikipedia:

This is a list of the most-played college football series in NCAA Division I. The Lehigh–Lafayette rivalry, known as "The Rivalry," is the most-played in Division I at 158 games. Lehigh and Lafayette are members of the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). The most-played Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) series is the Minnesota–Wisconsin football rivalry, at 132 games...

From 1869-2022, Rutgers has played 1,399 games – the second most football games ever played and first among Division I Football Bowl Subdivision teams. According to College Football Data Warehouse, they trail Pennsylvania (1,426) and recently passed Yale (1,371).

From NCAA Division I on wikipedia:

This is a list of the most-played college football series in NCAA Division I. The Lehigh–Lafayette rivalry, known as "The Rivalry," is the most-played in Division I at 158 games. Lehigh and Lafayette are members of the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). The most-played Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) series is the Minnesota–Wisconsin football rivalry, at 132 games...
Thanks for the info. As I suspected we are #1 in FBS. Hence the difficulty in finding the info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT