ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jacob Young Starting for Oregon, Offense being run through him and dominating

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
Pac-12 Tournament first round

Final:

Oregon 86 - Oregon State 72

Jacob Young: 23 PTS, 10-19FG, 0-2 3PT, 3-3 FT, 6 REB, 11 AST, 3 STL (3 TO, 2PF)

Oregon State is pretty bad, but nice game by Jacob.
Oregon state is horrific

Pac-12 Tournament first round

Final:

Oregon 86 - Oregon State 72

Jacob Young: 23 PTS, 10-19FG, 0-2 3PT, 3-3 FT, 6 REB, 11 AST, 3 STL (3 TO, 2PF)

Oregon State is pretty bad, but nice game by Jacob.
So you’re saying tomorrow he will have:
4 PTS 1-11FG 0-4 3PT, 2-4 FT, 2 RB, 1 AST, 0 STL (4 TO) ?

So entertaining, but so inconsistent.

So you’re saying tomorrow he will have:
4 PTS 1-11FG 0-4 3PT, 2-4 FT, 2 RB, 1 AST, 0 STL (4 TO) ?

So entertaining, but so inconsistent.
Who knows... Colorado has been playing well lately, so maybe your prediction won't be far off, but I hope Jacob has a decent game. He had 11 points on 5-15 shooting in a home loss to Colorado in January, and then was Oregon's leading scorer with 21 in Oregon's win at Colorado 9 days later.

Jacob loves the big stage and more often than not he produced pretty well then. Glad he had a good game.

Reactions: Scangg
image.png

Shooting numbers down across the board. Steal rate down. Assists and turnovers both down, owing to Oregon using him off the ball more.

I don't think there's any case to be made that Pikiell misused Young, unless you think Shaka Smart and Dana Altman also misused him. Young was an electric athlete but only an okay basketball player.
Apparently, JY's growth plates haven't fused yet. Amazing work by Oregon's strength, conditioning, and growth program.

Reactions: GSGS
No reason to be killed. Nothing warranting a lock is included. It will die a natural death. This might be the last time it’s brought up.
We made the dance! The highest profile unexpected transfer did not. Pretty cool story! And I love you JY! Hope you come back and get honored at the RAC one day, no hard feelings!

I would have liked to see JY in the dance. He is the type of player that can get hot and carry a team.

Grateful for everything he gave here and wish him nothing but the best. No need for Rutgers fans to be joyful he missed. We made it. Just celebrate that

Truth is we missed jy and jy missed us
I love what JY did for us and him as a player but I am still not sure we do better this year with him. Must a maddening player and we already have a lot of them.

You were still very wrong about Pike not getting the best out of him but let's just enjoy that RU is in tourney for back to back years.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Despite Oregon's hideous colors, it doesn't strike me as unreasonable to point out that on the evening of March 13, 2022 - the grass does look greener on RU's side of the fence.
I am just shocked by this. When you are misused and then the offense is run through you, which leads to your world domination, this should never be the result. 😉

…the NIT (on the road) 🤣🤣

whatever that posters name is probably punching air and mad we are in the tourney. F U bud

This is not a pile on JY but on this poster. What a f’ing dummy this guy is. You’d think someone that watches so much basketball would have any semblance of what he is talking about.

instead this guy showed up a couple years into pikes tenure and thinks he’s red Auerbach. News flash…. Maybe the guy that brought a program from the dead knows what he is doing.

I would have liked to see JY in the dance. He is the type of player that can get hot and carry a team.

Grateful for everything he gave here and wish him nothing but the best. No need for Rutgers fans to be joyful he missed. We made it. Just celebrate that
Loved JY when he was here and didn't wish him ill will at all, but like I said in another thread on this, I didn't want to see him and Oregon making the NCAAs. Call me selfish, but I just don't want to have people (and current/future RU players) thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere and that they will benefit (from a team success perspective) by leaving. I want players who want to succeed at Rutgers. Excepting guys who transfer for playing time (Kiss, e.g.) or for personal reasons mostly (Myles).

I decided to look up both players current stats ( min. played & ppg ) and compare them to last year. They are nearly identical. I guess the coaches at Oregon and St. Johns don't know what they're doing either.

JY
RU
- 30.1 mins played, 14.1 ppg Oregon - 30.5 mins played, 12.1 ppg
Actually scored more with slightly less playing time while at RU

Mathis
RU-
21.2 mins played, 8.3 ppg St. Johns - 24.4 mins played, 8.2 ppg

Reactions: Scangg and mugrat86
I will always root for Jacob (and Myles and Montez) . They helped us get our program to a new level . Same with Peter . Those each chose , each for different reasons …a different path for their future.

The negativity here from some ,
Both against the transfers , and against the staff , is ridiculous .

Have some freaking class and respect for all parties ….

every post is a post to either directly or indirectly bash pikiell. Hence why he really only comes around in bad times
This is exactly why in another thread I said he has become a troll. Sure he is an RU fan but since beginning of Bball almost all his threads are direct or indirect swipes at pike that purposely provoke the rest of the board.

Kyk is wrong a lot though. He doesn’t like pikiell and that blinds him.

every post is a post to either directly or indirectly bash pikiell. Hence why he really only comes around in bad times
This is completely untrue. Your obsession is weird tho

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT