ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jacob Young Starting for Oregon, Offense being run through him and dominating

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
The reality is if you were to make a "First and Second Team All-Rutgers" during this run of three straight NCAA Tournament teams ('19-'20, '20-'21, and '21-'22), Young would likely be 8th or 9th on that list behind RHj, Cliff, Geo, Paul, Caleb, Myles and probably Yeboah. You can argue Jacob or Montez next on that list. Nice player for two years here. No more, no less.
I will play.......
1. Myles Johnson
2 and 3. Ron and Geo
4. Jacob Young
5. Caleb
6. Cliff
7. Yeboah
8. Paul

You can not ignore the fact Jacob Young put the team on his back and willed us to the NCAA tournament in 2020-21. Myles is #1 in my eyes because of the defensive presence in Year 1 and Year 2.

It was obvious Jacob didn't help chemistry. It was obvious that the offense didn't flow with him. The 2020-21 team desperately needed him for whatever reason.

I will play.......
1. Myles Johnson
2 and 3. Ron and Geo
4. Jacob Young
5. Caleb
6. Cliff
7. Yeboah
8. Paul

You can not ignore the fact Jacob Young put the team on his back and willed us to the NCAA tournament in 2020-21. Myles is #1 in my eyes because of the defensive presence in Year 1 and Year 2.

It was obvious Jacob didn't help chemistry. It was obvious that the offense didn't flow with him. The 2020-21 team desperately needed him for whatever reason.
Good summary. The gas tank was low, wheels creaking, whatever analogy you wanna use, in 2021. And he said was, that year, exactly the spark needed

I will play.......
1. Myles Johnson
2 and 3. Ron and Geo
4. Jacob Young
5. Caleb
6. Cliff
7. Yeboah
8. Paul

Honestly the 2019-20 team didn't truly hit that NCAA gear until he started playing well, either. Remember the early B1G win vs PSU? He was crucial. OOC performance overall wasn't getting them to the dance.

Very good rankings there.

Reactions: Randal7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT