ADVERTISEMENT

what are the law school rankings like?

retired711

Heisman Winner
Nov 20, 2001
Cherry Hill
Although I think the rankings are complete crap, they're always an interesting source of gossip. So what happened? My guess is that both law schools slipped a little due to lack of funding for scholarships that we need to "buy" the students we want.

Over the last several years the applicant pool of students applying to law schools have decreased by about 40%.

If most law schools want to maintain their " class size" numbers they will be forced to take lower academic students (LSAT, GPA etc) which will affect your ranking.

Other recourse is to decrease your Law School class size (probably a good thing except for the law school economics) to maintain student quality.

Top 25 ranked law schools will not have to reduce law school size and will be able still recruit top academic students.

I have read many law schools are reducing class size and some even lowering tuition.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

This post was edited on 9/10 12:35 PM by Panthergrowl13

They rankings probably are "complete crap." And I know I shouldn't care, but it slightly concerns me that Mich is now ranked 10. They were ranked 7 when I matriculated and they have never been outside the top 10. I know how insane a focus on 3 spots is. But somehow many care about this.

Lawmatt, the scores are so close between, say, first and second, that any random fluctuation will affect ranking. It's all garbage.. If nothing else,, you can use the line I once used at a conference of law school professors to refer to Berkeley: "I went to one of the 25 law schools that thinks it's in the top ten."

Incidentally, it occurred to me later that graduate school rankings (which include law schools) are probably not out yet; only undergrad is out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT