ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the other Non-conference games?

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
there's still nothing on calendar before B10 season; men's team has played three non-conference games already, with another one on deck for Dec. 8th (the B10/ACC challenge, which was cancelled for the women by the B10--still without an explanation). i understand the immense challenges this year, but what gives?

I just checked Maryland and Ohio State schedules and they both have multiple nonconference games on the docket. I hope our ladies get a chance to play more games before the Big Conference games start.

In years past Maryland loss to Missouri would have gotten it's own thread!

I just checked Maryland and Ohio State schedules and they both have multiple nonconference games on the docket. I hope our ladies get a chance to play more games before the Big Conference games start.

In years past Maryland loss to Missouri would have gotten it's own thread!
Enviously looking at Maryland.
3 games in 3 days, getting tested early with ranked opponents.
To me, the loss means little.
I see it as preparation for the B10 season.

The WBB coaches and Sarah B are frantically trying to find OOC games before the BIG10 opener at Wisconsin (Dec 10 or 11). Hopefully they are successful and we hear an announcement later today or the next day or 2, and they squeeze another couple games in.

there's still nothing on calendar before B10 season; men's team has played three non-conference games already, with another one on deck for Dec. 8th (the B10/ACC challenge, which was cancelled for the women by the B10--still without an explanation). i understand the immense challenges this year, but what gives?
Its something of a challenge all over the place. ASU just played 3 OOC games (all they had scheduled), Arizona has played only one and has been begging all over the place to try and get another game before the expanded conference slate. Of course an issue for PAC teams is they are not allowed to play away OOC this year.

I cannot believe we can’t get a buy game with St Peters, Marist, even Seton Hall or St Johns, Fordham, Manhattan ... what gives

COVID issues everywhere. Check the schedules of those teams you mentioned and see how many, if any, games they have played. Seton Hall W BB cancelled all their games so far. Princeton not even playing this winter. Check the rest. Not easy being an AD these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT