ADVERTISEMENT

2016-17 schedule

RULIB FAN

Redshirt
Jan 26, 2011
Let's start to build the schedule while waiting for the team to release the official one. So far I have spotted RU on other team schedules:

12/01 Duke @ Piscataway
12/05 James Madison @ Piscataway
12/07 St Johns - AWAY
12/10 Houston - AWAY
12/13 Seton Hall @ Piscataway

Last edited:
Reactions: Bon1674 and dmd78
Have seen the entire Men's schedule - wondering when the WBB schedule gets posted??

Let's start to build the schedule while waiting for the team to release the official one. So far I have spotted RU on other team schedules:

12/01 Duke @ Piscataway
12/05 James Madison @ Piscataway
12/07 St Johns - AWAY
12/10 Houston - AWAY
12/13 Seton Hall @ Piscataway

Tough tough schedule. Only consolation is that we only face Maryland and Ohio St once this year. Early season 4 games on the road against some solid clubs.

Home and home against Iowa, Wisconsin and Northwestern.

Reactions: Bon1674
The lack of commentary I find surprising and sad.

I thought the schedule was respectable. It is not the schedule one should expect of a top 25 team nor is it the schedule of a team that thinks they cannot be successful.

At one time, it was a schedule that RU fans could expect to go through undefeated. It remains a schedule where that is not impossible, although a number of tough clubs could be challenging.

That said, the conference schedule will be the key to Rutgers post-season aspirations. Pending what actually happens on courts, there are no teams on the out-of-conference schedule to provide any sort of "signature" win. There are, however, a couple of first rate teams in the B1G and a handful of very respectable ones (on paper). Success in the B1G is what would go a long way to making a post-season splash, as long as the team "takes care of business" in the OOC.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable schedule, all things considered. It's kind of funny that there are so many ACC teams, though.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
How good is Duke women's bball these days? I seem to recall that they lost their coach to Texas for big $$$ and I haven't heard much about them lately. It seems that ND, Louisville, and maybe Florida State are the powers in the ACC these days, with UMd gone to the B1G and UNC and Duke(?) having fallen off somewhat.

Duke was pretty good for a while under McCallie, but has dropped off in recent years.

Duke has "issues". McCallie almost got canned after some issues being raised this off-season, but she survived. So far as I can tell, she doesn't enjoy support from the fan-base.

No idea how they will do this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT