ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Wrestling News

I figured this would be the best place for it, instead of a new thread...Brett Donner was arrested for aggravated assault stemming from an incident on September 4th.

https://www.nj.com/rutgers/index.ss..._charged_with_assault.html#incart_river_index
Just a depth guy not a starter so don't care. I know it sounds harsh, but I watch the kids out on the mat. Also kid's get into fights, back then they took their lickings, now it's straight to the police for the loser.

Last edited:
Just a depth guy not a starter so don't care. I know it sounds harsh, but I watch the kids out on the mat. Also kid's get into fights, back then they took their lickings, now it's straight to the police for the loser.
Yep. My thoughts exactly regarding Donner. He never was going to start here and likely would've transferred down a level to someone like Drexel or Rider anyway.

I appreciate your point but I think it is premature to pass judgment on Donner until we know more. He has been suspended from the team until he has due process legally. Let’s leave it there for now.

Reactions: elvis7

Can’t believe my posts got deleted. Anyways, kole, “back then” people called police when blacks hurt your feelings by using the wrong water fountains or sat in the wrong places, or walked in the wrong neighborhoods. Cut the "look how tough we were" crap. Y'all were as soft as they come. FACTS.

Fox, my posts got deleted. I see your side too. If he wasn't involved and its mistaken identity, you're right and I am wrong.

Can’t believe my posts got deleted. Anyways, kole, “back then” people called police when blacks hurt your feelings by using the wrong water fountains or sat in the wrong places, or walked in the wrong neighborhoods. Cut the "look how tough we were" crap. Y'all were as soft as they come. FACTS.

Fox, my posts got deleted. I see your side too. If he wasn't involved and its mistaken identity, you're right and I am wrong.
Blah Blah Blah, I walked to school 15 miles uphill each way with nothing more than a hot potato to keep me warm in the winters. If I didn't chop wood after school no hot potato.:)

P.S. I'm a little younger than you think. I was only a toddler when @wngarbarini and Abraham Lincoln were terrorizing our one room school house where wrestling practice was held on the wood floors.

Last edited:

It’s not as simple as whether he was involved or not. Based on the fact he is being charged it would appear he was involved in an altercation. What matters is what actually occurred. Did he attack someone unprovoked? If so, then he should be held accountable. But, if there was justifiable provocation or other circumstances that mitigate/support his alleged actions then that is a different story. That’s why we and the coaching staff/school wait for the legal process to run its course.

It’s not as simple as whether he was involved or not. Based on the fact he is being charged it would appear he was involved in an altercation. What matters is what actually occurred. Did he attack someone unprovoked? If so, then he should be held accountable. But, if there was justifiable provocation or other circumstances that mitigate/support his alleged actions then that is a different story. That’s why we and the coaching staff/school wait for the legal process to run its course.
Well Said

Don't like that this thread fell to the bottom of page 2.

Trevor Mastrogiovanni (Blair) committed to OKST. Were we recruiting him?

Some other news from other threads:

JoJo Arragona won WNO.

Colonia's John Poznanski committed.
If we were recruiting him it didn't go far. We were not listed in the FloWrestling article.

Reactions: Leonard23
I know this has been brought up before, but I see Zach Delvecchio (HS Sr.) is ranked #14 at 220 by Flo. I remember something about him wanting to play football in college a while back.

Anyone have any insight if he is a recruiting option at Heavy for us?

My feeling is Suriano goes 133. Tough fluke injury in a scramble near the end of practice. If NS goes 125 watch out for Peter Lipari coming down to 133. He has a funky style that is effective. Now he is at 141 fighting with Cleary and MVB for the nod!

My feeling is Suriano goes 133. Tough fluke injury in a scramble near the end of practice. If NS goes 125 watch out for Peter Lipari coming down to 133. He has a funky style that is effective. Now he is at 141 fighting with Cleary and MVB for the nod!

No Metzler? He did an awesome job filling in last year.

Aguilar has a good motor and that wrestleoff with Metzler will tell you where he stands. Metzler looks very good.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
He will use both. Glasgow and JVB will battle for 157and 165 as they are the only 2 there.

I have totally lost track. Does anyone know how many spots we have open?
Based on what we've heard, this is my best guess:

125: Aguilar or Meltzer
133: Suriano
141: M.Van Brill
149: Ashnault
157: JVB or Glasgow
165: JVB or Glasgow
174: Grello
184: Gravina(if healthy) or Pagano
197: Correnti
Heavy: Colucci

So the lineup seems pretty set except at 125 and 184. 157/165 - we know who it will be, just depends on the weights they wrestle.

If Suriano goes 125, that would obviously open 133.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
He will use both. Glasgow and JVB will battle for 157and 165 as they are the only 2 there.
Scary to think we don't have solid depth there. The Donner legal issue obviously affects this. What incoming freshmen/current roster wrestlers look to take JVB's place in the future?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT