ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Wrestling News

Status
Not open for further replies.
57, 65 and 70 KG do not have a wrestler sitting out for the 2 of 3 challenge tomorrow.
The top 2 advance to challenge tomorrow

All the other finals are 1 match to make it to challenge tomorrow.

That is how i understand it..Please let me know if i am wrong

Reactions: rubigtimenow
57, 65 and 70 KG do not have a wrestler sitting out for the 2 of 3 challenge tomorrow.

Deakin is in tomorrow for 70kg... Green vs Ashnault has to be tonight...

I think Deakin is in final X?

Men’s FS 70 kg – U.S. Open champion Ryan Deakin (Broomfield, Colo./Titan Mercury WC/Chicago RTC) vs. winner at World Team Trials Challenge Tournament

Reactions: rondi

Deakin is in tomorrow for 70kg... Green vs Ashnault has to be tonight...

Looked at the schedule before and pretty sure it said finals tomorrow at 12

US Open winners are sitting out in the best 2 of 3 final OR are sitting in Final X. Example: Ryan Deakin won the US Open and is in Final X waiting the winner of Green vs. Ashnault BECAUSE there is not returning medalist at 70 kg, hence why Deakin gets the bye to Final X.

Counter example: Pat Downey wins the US Open, however got a bye to the WTT finals, NOT final X BECAUSE there is a returning medalist at his weight, David Taylor (edited, had Kyle Dake before edit).

Last edited:
US Open winners are sitting out in the best 2 of 3 final OR are sitting in Final X. Example: Ryan Deakin won the US Open and is in Final X waiting the winner of Green vs. Ashnault BECAUSE there is not returning medalist at 70 kg, hence why Deakin gets the bye to Final X.

Counter example: Pat Downey wins the US Open, however got a bye to the WTT finals, NOT final X BECAUSE there is a returning medalist at his weight, Kyle Dake.

Ok thanks

World Team Trials Finals tomorrow at noon EST. Winners (2 of 3 matches) wrestle at Final X next month against the wrestler in parentheses.

57 Gilman v Cruz (Fix)
61 Brewer v Graff (Colon)
65 Zain v Oliver (Yianni)
70 Green v Ashnault (Deakin)
74 Nolf v Martinez (Burroughs)
79 Valencia v Dieringer (Dake)
86 Heflin v Downey (Taylor)
92 Nickal v Macchiavello (Cox)
97 Gadson v Walz (Snyder)
125 Steveson v Coon (Gwiz)

World Team Trials Finals tomorrow at noon EST. Winners (2 of 3 matches) wrestle at Final X next month against the wrestler in parentheses.

57 Gilman v Cruz (Fix)
61 Brewer v Graff (Colon)
65 Zain v Oliver (Yianni)
70 Green v Ashnault (Deakin)
74 Nolf v Martinez (Burroughs)
79 Valencia v Dieringer (Dake)
86 Heflin v Downey (Taylor)
92 Nickal v Macchiavello (Cox)
97 Gadson v Walz (Snyder)
125 Steveson v Coon (Gwiz)

If Ashnault wins, does he go to the one at Rutgers?

70kg is at Nebraska

They should swap weight classes to help attendance, lol. Actually they should wait to see all the finals matchups, and then decide which weight classes wrestle where, to help attendance. There are still plenty of 200s seats available at RU, and the 300s are not even being available for sale. At least not yet.

They should swap weight classes to help attendance, lol. Actually they should wait to see all the finals matchups, and then decide which weight classes wrestle where, to help attendance. There are still plenty of 200s seats available at RU, and the 300s are not even being available for sale. At least not yet.
Let’s not put the cart before the horse. Beating Green will be a TALL task. Green is a world bronze and silver medalist in his prime...I’m sure he’s looking for gold. He’s also bigger and more experienced than Ash. We already know AA’s a bad man. If he beats Green tomorrow, he will officially be a BAD man.

Let’s not put the cart before the horse. Beating Green will be a TALL task. Green is a world bronze and silver medalist in his prime...I’m sure he’s looking for gold. He’s also bigger and more experienced than Ash. We already know AA’s a bad man. If he beats Green tomorrow, he will officially be a BAD man.

Read my second sentence.

Yeah, except the whole arena lost power. Pretty hard for Flo to do anything about that, unless they bring back-up generators with them to show you the wrestling that wasn't going on, while the power was out.

Flo historically has sucked as a service and I'm a paying member for years. It was a tongue and check comment Francis.

Are Aragona and Delvecchio wrestling again today too? Or are they done?

Really controlled the whole match too. Got caught in that tilt late in the 3rd for a 4 point move but other than that wasn't really close
Yep. The NY kid had the initial takedown but Britton in control until that tilt.

I have watched Britton in a few matches this weekend. He is on the shorter/stockier side and has a little trouble with taller wrestlers. I am not sure if he will go 133 or 141 for RU, but his body type might be better suited for 133 depending upon how he grows and develops.

Reactions: tfio
Iron Horse (Aragona and Delvecchio) vs. Dark Knights (Britton) in finals.

Aragona and Britton are at different weights. Britton at 140 and Aragona at 145.

I have been a Flo Member for 2 years.
Before Flo I was a B10 Plus member.

I have rarely had problems with feed (My computer is very old).
I seem to be in the minority, but I have been very happy with Flo's performance.

Reactions: obrats
I have been a Flo Member for 2 years.
Before Flo I was a B10 Plus member.

I have rarely had problems with feed (My computer is very old).
I seem to be in the minority, but I have been very happy with Flo's performance.
I'm not real tech savvy so maybe one of my settings is wrong. But every other site I'm on works perfectly fine. I'm always having problems with live events not loading. I get the pinwheel then a black screen. I paid for the full package at $130 bucks for the year and I won't be renewing. They have a lot of content which I loved but the service was very disappointing. If I can't watch it, what's the point of having it.

I'm not real tech savvy so maybe one of my settings is wrong. But every other site I'm on works perfectly fine. I'm always having problems with live events not loading. I get the pinwheel then a black screen. I paid for the full package at $130 bucks for the year and I won't be renewing. They have a lot of content which I loved but the service was very disappointing. If I can't watch it, what's the point of having it.
I prolly won’t be renewing either :(.. until they have more coverage on RU .. then it will be very tempting.. lol

I prolly won’t be renewing either :(.. until they have more coverage on RU .. then it will be very tempting.. lol

Flo Sports covers every Big10 event that BTN streams. I've watched many RU Basketball, Baseball, wrestling, Softball, etc events via flo. Flo bought the BTN rights last year. Plus you get most of the great wrestling tournaments. The same password you use for Flo Wrestling works for all Flo platforms, and there are about 25 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT