ADVERTISEMENT

2024-2025 two play opponents

darkcheck

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2022
With 20 games next year in the B1G it looks like we’ll play three teams twice. The conf says it will consider competitive balance, geography and rivalries. Guess on our opponents?

Penn State almost definitely as a single-play this year will be a double next year with the geography/rivalry consideration. Maryland makes sense. And then one random team.

I’m no mathematician but I’m wondering how it will work. They’d need pods of fours, but there are 18 teams. Obviously they want UCLA, USC, Wa and Or together.

Reactions: Local Shill
Maryland / Penn State and who the hell knows.....

I would think MD is a definite / Penn State is a maybe.

If the 3rd team is pot luck or based on competitive balance, then I can see a top tier squad to showcase Ace and Dylan etc vs a squad like Sparty; Illinois; Wisconsin or Purdue.....

Who the hell knows what this conference will do with scheduling next year.

I'm still trying to figure out the thought process on allowing 15 of the 18 schools into the Big 10 Tourney next year instead of 16 or all 18.

It's a given that UCLA and USC will face each other twice as will Washington and Oregon. Will they all face each other twice, or will the league look to bring them east more?

We should get PSU and Maryland, and I would love Indiana 2x (usually a good matchup for us) but I don't see that happening.

I just want the Michigan State game to be at the RAC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT