ADVERTISEMENT

47-40 RU ON THE ROAD

...and Pikes doesn't call a TO until it's 57-49 Wisconsin. That's a....WAIT FOR IT....17-2 RUN!!!! WTF?? I love Pikes - LOVE HIM - but sometimes his decision-making when it comes to calling TO's drives me up a ****ing wall.
it doesn’t matter ….

Reactions: RUNIT24
Not to mention the inexplicable substitution patterns.
That's a whole 'nother topic. This...and I DO NOT CARE if you only have 2 TO's left....HOW THE **** do you let the home team go on a 17-2 run like that when you're up 7 in the 2nd half?? HOW???!!!

Reactions: ScarletDave
During Pikiell's tenure this has to be the worse offensive team.

Reactions: RW90
That's a whole 'nother topic. This...and I DO NOT CARE if you only have 2 TO's left....HOW THE **** do you let the home team go on a 17-2 run like that when you're up 7 in the 2nd half?? HOW???!!!
Because they’re better than us?

You just highlight many of the Pike deficiencies in managing his teams over the years...many and I mean MANY head scratching decisions by him and the staff

So? You don't call a ****ing TO ONCE during that run? Stop. A CYO coach would know better.
Calm down. And seriously, how can any RU fan rip the first coach to take us to the NCAA tournament since the Clinton administration? Especially over a meaningless game. Show some loyalty.

Calm down. And seriously, how can any RU fan rip the first coach to take us to the NCAA tournament since the Clinton administration? Especially over a meaningless game. Show some loyalty.
Love Pikes. Love him. Just don't understand how ANY coach can sit there and watch a lead evaporate as such.

I was in Indianapolis so you don't have to remind me about anything. Thanks!

I said elsewhere, he seems completely lost on what to do with this team. Coaching is poor, rotations are all over the place. Its worrisome honestly.

Pike is too slow to call TOs to stop runs against us

He also will call a timeout when we are on a run after a made basket and I really can't stand it

Basketball is a game of momentum and runs. You never want to stop your own momentum

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Pike is too slow to call TOs to stop runs against us

He also will call a timeout when we are on a run after a made basket and I really can't stand it

Basketball is a game of momentum and runs. You never want to stop your own momentum
I don't doubt you, but to be honest, I haven't really noticed him calling TOs in the middle of an RU run. But I agree with Nuts that he has a tendency to let the other team go on runs. As far as I'm concerned, if you give up baskets on 3 consecutive trips without scoring yourself, you have to call a TO if you have them.

Love Pikes. Love him. Just don't understand how ANY coach can sit there and watch a lead evaporate as such.

I was in Indianapolis so you don't have to remind me about anything. Thanks’
You’re not the only one here who’s traveled to a game. If you blast the best coach in recent RU basketball history you can expect to be called out. Thanks!

Last edited:
You’re not the only one here who’s traveled to a game. If you blast the best coach in recent RU basketball history you can expect to be called out. Thanks!
Heyyyyy it's STALKER!!! Any coach can be "called" out at any time. I clearly - CLEARLY - stated "I LOVE HIM" IN MY OP. That should be enough to qualify my commentary (aside from everything else I've stated in the past).

Last edited:
Yeah but when the Coach continues to make the same mistakes and mental blunders game in and game out it makes watching even more unbearable.
When Wisconsin got something like five offensive rebounds on that one play I would have called a timeout and substituted for all five players. And if the team is gonna give up....maybe I finally should.

Any coach can be "called" out at any time. I clearly - CLEARLY - stated "I LOVE HIM" IN MY OP. That should be enough to qualify my commentary (aside from everything else I've stated in the past).
Your OP sucked and so does your “commentary,” you obnoxious message board blowhard.

Edit: Quick @AreYouNUTS, go whine to the fake moderator like you always do! Absolutely pathetic that a grown man is such an insecure tattle tale. The only reason you’re here and I’m not is because you cry to the mods. What a joke.

Last edited:
Your OP sucked and so does your “commentary,” you obnoxious message board blowhard.

Edit: Quick @AreYouNUTS, go whine to the fake moderator like you always do! Absolutely pathetic that a grown man is such an insecure tattle tale. The only reason you’re here and I’m not is because you cry to the mods. What a joke.

Almost at 200 monikers!!!

Wait what is this background ?

Wait what is this background ?
You mean you haven’t been paying attention lol! This creature started stalking me a couple years ago. Registers a new moniker, or up to 10 at a time, then follows me around. Laughs or makes angry or sad faces at every single post of mine. Every single one. Then he goes and likes posts that have different opinions than me or whatnot. He has come to register nearly 200 monikers in maybe the last two years now? Absolute freak show nut job. Gets banned three or four times a week and comes back with new monikers a week or two later. Brings up stuff that you post months and months ago. Person with absolutely nothing better to do with their lives.

I don’t agree. A timeout, and substituting one of our scrubs for another one of our scrubs would’ve mattered? Next year.

You call a timeout to stop the bleeding.
I wasn’t saying you call the time out to make the substitution. I’m saying neither of the time out nor the substitutions being different would have made any difference in my opinion

I wasn’t saying you call the time out to make the substitution. I’m saying neither of the time out nor the substitutions being different would have made any difference in my opinion
That’s completely fine. I just happen to disagree. I think that was a huge mistake. The second Wisconsin took the lead you should’ve called a timeout.

That’s completely fine. I just happen to disagree. I think that was a huge mistake. The second Wisconsin took the lead you should’ve called a timeout.
I agree with this. May not have made a friggin' difference but you do anything you can to stop the run. Unfortunately, we don't have the horses this year. And not having Mag available is having a negative effect on this team.

Nobody’s really gonna disagree with that. But who knows, maybe Pike was trying to teach a lesson or give players a particular kind of experience for next year. He has a good reputation for managing a game so I give him the benefit of the doubt. But I also just don’t think it would’ve changed anything.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Oh it’s BERY BERY SPEFFIAL!!!
Someday, we need to have a sit down and podcast to sort all this out. Need to find out who this lunatic is. Then again, I had two posters harassing me over Michael Kay so maybe we don’t want to know! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
You mean you haven’t been paying attention lol! This creature started stalking me a couple years ago. Registers a new moniker, or up to 10 at a time, then follows me around. Laughs or makes angry or sad faces at every single post of mine. Every single one. Then he goes and likes posts that have different opinions than me or whatnot. He has come to register nearly 200 monikers in maybe the last two years now? Absolute freak show nut job. Gets banned three or four times a week and comes back with new monikers a week or two later. Brings up stuff that you post months and months ago. Person with absolutely nothing better to do with their lives.
Probadly your wife?😀 or an ex.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT