ADVERTISEMENT

5-1 START

eyebugs

Redshirt
Dec 4, 2005
looking at your schedule I think this is how RU starts the season. I think it would generate alot of buzz around the program. After that the tide may turn a bit, but the opportunity is there for some positive momentum which may help with recruiting. Especially locally.
As weird as this may sound the game @KU may be a real swing game. RU should handle KU and go on a nice run.. How do you guys see the first part of the season playing out?

Reactions: Peteyd
RU should handle KU and go on a nice run.. How do you guys see the first part of the season playing out?
I hope so, but unfortunately Rutgers has yet to prove it can win games it is supposed to win. RU winning 3 Big Ten games last year was a positive, but marred by a horrific home loss to Eastern Michigan and a blowout road loss to Indiana.

The early key for Rutgers this year will be escaping the Ohio State game without major injuries. If they can go into Kansas healthy, they should have a 50-50 chance of winning. Buffalo will be no cakewalk either.

Reactions: dollarbill
If we start 5-1 that means we’re good enough to win @md and/or vs. NW. The only way we get to Bowl eligible is by starting 6-2, because the final 4 games are all guaranteed losses.

NewYorkLottery_Medieval17.jpg

I'm VERY surprised at some of the programs that have passed us by,starting with Army.Massey Combined has us going 4-8, and I've used this site in the past when placing a wager, and it's been right way more than wrong. Hoping for 2 more wins like everyone else on this board,but there are way too many new components in this program that no one can get a real read on yet. Go RU!!!https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6696&s=300937

Last edited:
I'm VERY surprised at some of the programs that have passed us by,starting with Army.Massey Combined has us going 4-8, and I've used this site in the past when placing a wager, and it's been right way more than wrong. Hoping for 2 more wins like everyone else on this board,but there are way too many new components in this program that no one and get a real read on yet. Go RU!!!https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6696&s=300937
https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm In the surprise department,add Navy, Florida Atlantic,Memphis,Kansas St.,Duke,Toledo,San Diego St., Troy, Appalachian St., Temple, Ohio,Air Force,North Texas,Tulane and Buffalo. Some programs are only in D1 for a couple of years, and play in conferences and stadiums that pale to Rutgers. It's mind blowing how far Elmer Flood set us back, and I'd bet that behind the scenes the B1G has told RU to get their $hit together!

Last edited:
I'd bet that behind the scenes the B1G has told RU to get their $hit together!
Uh, after they look at the "cash register" at the end of the day, I think they are not going to upset one of their money makers. We were picked by the BIG to cement the league's footprint in the East. Along with Maryland, we have clearly done that and also pushed the ACC away. Being competitive on field and courts is secondary with the top feeders they already have.

As much as I would love to see us at 5-1, I cannot buy into anything with the ongoing "who's under center" question that seems to be there every start of the season. We have been pretty unimpressive on the road (not to mention home either) so I will be holding my breath with the Kansas game. Then there's Buffalo...:grimace:

As to "guaranteed losses", I have to say that it is a lot closer to 4 losses than winning one of them right now. How's our depth? The end of the season is always dealing with injuries and even if we get off to a great start, how much important would one of our best guys going down to any one of those last four teams losing somebody? All four schools leave us in the dust with recruiting.

We have been pretty unimpressive on the road (not to mention home either) so I will be holding my breath with the Kansas game. Then there's Buffalo...:grimace:
Agree. Both of those games are 50/50.

@WISC, vs Mich, vs. PSU and @MSU... you’re wrong. They’ll lose all 4 guaranteed.

Wrong.
PSU at HPSS is not a guaranteed loss.
The 1st Half last year in Crappy Valley was actually a close game.
No more stud RB { former RU Commit} Saquon Barkley. No more TE Gesicki, Safety Apke, WR Daeasean Hamilton, Safety Allen, CB Campbell.... all Drafted. 3 starters from the Secondary.
This game is not a sure loss. In fact I will bet you on it.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm In the surprise department,add Navy, Florida Atlantic,Memphis,Kansas St.,Duke,Toledo,San Diego St., Troy, Appalachian St., Temple, Ohio,Air Force,North Texas,Tulane and Buffalo. Some programs are only in D1 for a couple of years, and play in conferences and stadiums that pale to Rutgers. It's mind blowing how far Elmer Flood set us back, and I'd bet that behind the scenes the B1G has told RU to get their $hit together!
Put them in the B1G East and how do they look? That said, yeah, we were hurting at the end of the HWSNBN era

@WISC, vs Mich, vs. PSU and @MSU... you’re wrong. They’ll lose all 4 guaranteed.
Sorry but you’re wrong in this case. I would not bet any of those games without points but to say all 4 are guaranteed losses is not a factual comment. Especially this early not knowing how each team will play and who is healthy at that time of year.

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
Honestly why would any of you fall into the trap of debating someone on something like “guaranteed losses”. Clearly it’s hyperbole as there is no such thing in any sport. Whether someone takes a bet on it or not is there own decision but there are countless examples why such “guarantees” are pointless.

Put them in the B1G East and how do they look? That said, yeah, we were hurting at the end of the HWSNBN era
I agree with you on this, but never the less, put us where they are,and where would we be? Not so sure we'd be higher at this point.

Wrong.
PSU at HPSS is not a guaranteed loss.
The 1st Half last year in Crappy Valley was actually a close game.
No more stud RB { former RU Commit} Saquon Barkley. No more TE Gesicki, Safety Apke, WR Daeasean Hamilton, Safety Allen, CB Campbell.... all Drafted. 3 starters from the Secondary.
This game is not a sure loss. In fact I will bet you on it.

You too? Sure I’m in. What’s the wager?

Sorry but you’re wrong in this case. I would not bet any of those games without points but to say all 4 are guaranteed losses is not a factual comment. Especially this early not knowing how each team will play and who is healthy at that time of year.

We don’t have the horses to compete with these teams. Back in 2014 we did because we had Schiano’s recruits. We should’ve beaten PSU and did beat Mich. Now is a different time and we don’t have nearly the talent we did then.

I just can’t honestly believe that we’re even within a TD of any of these teams, hence all are guaranteed losses.

We don’t have the horses to compete with these teams. Back in 2014 we did because we had Schiano’s recruits. We should’ve beaten PSU and did beat Mich. Now is a different time and we don’t have nearly the talent we did then.

I just can’t honestly believe that we’re even within a TD of any of these teams, hence all are guaranteed losses.
Highly probable but you gotta plat the game

Well if the last four are automatic why are we playing?

Absolute dumb statement - you must not have watched much sporting events in the last decade where chalk is 100%.

There are no automatic s in life.

Reactions: Peteyd
On any single day. A team could pull off a upset.

History has shown this over and over again. I mean Appilation st. beat Michigan at Michigan. Looking at how well Michigan recruits. Nobody in their right mind would of thought that upset could happen.

Yet, it did!

Rutgers best chance of pulling off a upset during their last four games this year is MSU and Ped st.

Keep the faith

Last edited:
Reactions: 50 yd line RR
Keep your goddamn political bullshit off the football board.

And happy Independence Day. SMDH
shame that happens and far too often.
No matter what your politics are, the CE board is there to post your political agenda.

But in any case: for liberals, conservatives, moderates and those who don't classify themselves in any political grouping ;
Wishing you A Happy Independence Day.

:americanflag:

Keep your goddamn political bullshit off the football board.

And happy Independence Day. SMDH

Don’t like it don’t read the Board or grow some skin.
Happy Independence Day . Make America Great Again !

Don’t like it don’t read the Board or grow some skin.
Happy Independence Day . Make America Great Again !
If you want to urinate on the POTUS there's a whole board dedicated to equal opportunity political golden showers. Feel free to go to the CE board and have at it. This is not the forum for that. It would only be respectful to your fellow Alums and RU fans to observe that small courtesy.

I'm VERY surprised at some of the programs that have passed us by,starting with Army.Massey Combined has us going 4-8, and I've used this site in the past when placing a wager, and it's been right way more than wrong. Hoping for 2 more wins like everyone else on this board,but there are way too many new components in this program that no one can get a real read on yet. Go RU!!!https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6696&s=300937
Did you not see how far back we fell during flood years ?

Oh joy a hole !!!

I have to agree on the guaranteed losses. We don't have the depth those schools have. If we were playing them earlier, I would agree we have a shot at avoiding 0-4 over that stretch.

This is actually an old RU problem. All three falls I was in school we started out pretty good, crashed and burned late and wound up around .500. But back then there was a WTF loss in there somewhere. That won't be the case this time.

As far as a 5-1 start, I'd bet 4-2 but believing in 5-1 is certainly legitimate. I just think there are too many question marks to bet on 5-1. My hunch is we go 4-2, win one of the games before the gauntlet and end up 5-7. And depending on some of the scores in the "7" I'd be OK with that.

Likely yes. Guaranteed no. If you change your wording nobody argues. If you don’t yhen your just obtuse.

Navy, Florida Atlantic,Memphis,Kansas St.,Duke,Toledo,San Diego St., Troy, Appalachian St., Temple, Ohio,Air Force,North Texas,Tulane and Buffalo.

Are these 15 teams supposed to be better then us?
We play these teams this year we go a minimum of 10-5.
On a neutral field how many of these games are we an underdog?
Navy, Air Force, K-St??

What happened to "that guy"? Did you handle it Jersey Style? $$$$

I can’t even remember the wager now but the guy was supposed to pay me with a craft 6-pack at the Purdue game (which we won at +9) last season. Come gameday dude went dark instead of paying up

Reactions: Local Shill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT