ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Football Officially Relegated

Maybe they go to SEC? Either way this will be 2 conferences soon.

3. Remember the PAC-12 dissolved. Though Oregon State and Washington State is doing their darndest to continue to hold on to the bag they were left holding.

We are on our way to college football being like the NFL with only two national conferences.
If that's the case, there needs to a better and more objective way of choosing playoff teams.

Too many good programs (many better then RU) would be left out. Who knows how RU would be impacted - As an RU fan it just doesn't feel right to me.
Lots of good teams left out now. But the best will always rise.

12 teams in the playoffs makes it even greater that 2 leagues will dominate imo.

We will be impacted only by what we as a fanbase and school do or don’t do.

We have a seat. What we do from there is on us.

If that's the case, there needs to a better and more objective way of choosing playoff teams.

Won’t happen until there is an actual split and formal relegation.

ACC (and other power conferences) don’t actually want objective criteria because then it would include all conferences.

Can’t make a rule “All undefeated teams are in” without including Liberty and G5 teams.

Have to formally treat all conferences as equals since they are all formally equal as FBS conferences.

Not relegated, just a down year for the conference in the same year No. 1 loses and Texas was lucky that the team they beat was the team that beat the No. 1.

If Texas’ win was against any other team instead of Alabama, FSU would be in.

It’s a shame the 12 team playoff will devalue the regular season.

Too many good programs (many better then RU) would be left out. Who knows how RU would be impacted - As an RU fan it just doesn't feel right to me.
That's because there's a really good chance that it will almost immediately go to one conference, with 40ish teams ... and Rutgers won't be one of them.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I’ll play devils advocate.

Why do we need 100+ CFB teams?
Majority of which people actively don’t want to even be eligible for a championship?

What’s the negative of the G5 going FCS or being formally relegated?
Instead of just informally relegated like everyone wants.

ACC when they expanded by adding BC and Syracuse a few years ago…”600 plus miles to Chapel Hill isn’t really a big deal when you’re getting two of the better athletics programs in the northeast…
…well I mean they were during the 80’s at least.”

That would result in a preeminent lacrosse conference. Also put the screws to Duke and Notre Dame in both football and lacrosse.
Listen, I love men’s LAX and fully support our program. But let’s be honest, no one gives a shit. You make moves for football and on a much lower level men’s basketball. In which case UNC and Kansas would be the play to make the B1G the best college basketball conference to ever exist. And FWIW, I wish LAX became a premier network televised sport.

Last edited:
3. Remember the PAC-12 dissolved. Though Oregon State and Washington State is doing their darndest to continue to hold on to the bag they were left holding.

We are on our way to college football being like the NFL with only two national conferences.
The bag they are holding has a lot of $$$$ the others teams are leaving behind.

Further proof that hoops tourney is great and football is a joke.

Listen, I love men’s LAX and fully support our program. But let’s be honest, no one gives a shit. You make moves for football and on a much lower level men’s basketball. In which case UNC and Kansas would be the play to make the B1G the best college basketball conference to ever exist. And FWIW, I wish LAX became a premier network televised sport.

Hence the reference to the wider spread it would do the ND and Duke. And actually Syracuse too.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Putting on my conspiracy hat - By snubbing FSU the committee essentially attacked and weakened the worse of the current four P5 conferences and then attacked the best G5 conference with the selection of Liberty over SMU. Clear step to further consolidate power.

I'm surprised a lot of people are thinking FSU should have been in. Their SOS was brutal compared to the other teams and they looked like a$$ the last few games with their backup QB. Once Bama pulled the upset, their fate was sealed.

Reactions: knightfan7
I'm surprised a lot of people are thinking FSU should have been in. Their SOS was brutal compared to the other teams and they looked like a$$ the last few games with their backup QB. Once Bama pulled the upset, their fate was sealed.

Agreed------committee was tasked with taking the best 4 teams . No allegiance to any of them but I thought they got it right.

Held my phone to my ear, listening as you urged. But I didn’t hear anything.

Putting on my conspiracy hat - By snubbing FSU the committee essentially attacked and weakened the worse of the current four P5 conferences and then attacked the best G5 conference with the selection of Liberty over SMU. Clear step to further consolidate power.
Or.... it was a bunch of dudes that love football and picked the 4 teams they thought were best.

Reactions: knightfan7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT