ADVERTISEMENT

Any RU Lax Fans Following the Lax World Cup?

Bieda and Alleyne playing on the Puerto Rican team, Scarpello playing on Team England, and RU alum and Duke HC Jon Danowski is coaching Team USA. Bieda dominated yesterday with 5 goals vs Wales, Scarpello had 2 goals and an assist in England's win, and Danowski lead Team USA to a win over the Iroquois team.
I believe the Kris Allende is coaching not playjng

Reactions: bigmatt718
Both of my boys are big Thompson fans. Younger one really likes the freshman from Albany on the Iroquois team. He is also a big fan of Paul Rabil.

Wife likes Pannell.

So yes, our household is watching.

Cool to see so many other countries have lacrosse programs. Which countries are up an coming to challenge the US, Canada and Iroquois if any?
If so, then when?

Sad what has happened to Australia lacrosse. It’s no longer state sponsored, so participation has really declined. They useed to be solidly in the top 3, competitive at least with the big dogs. Now they just get rolled over.

I'm totally unfamiliar with this tournament and didn't realize that lacrosse was even played outside of North America. Besides the "Iroquois" team, are there other Native American ethnic groups with teams of their own? And, must one qualify as a recognized member of the group in order to play for its team?

Thanks.

I'm totally unfamiliar with this tournament and didn't realize that lacrosse was even played outside of North America. Besides the "Iroquois" team, are there other Native American ethnic groups with teams of their own? And, must one qualify as a recognized member of the group in order to play for its team?

Thanks.

There are tryouts. The US team is incredibly hard to make. 23 man rosters. The US could truly field 3 teams that would be be competitive. Maybe more.

Has it rained in Israel or is this a different venue?

Field not so hot.

USA firing on all cylinders. Wonder if Canada is putting in their B team, knowing that they'll likely be meeting the USA team again in the Championship Game.

That’s not good. Btw, there are no B teams on a 23 man roster. Pretty much everyone has to play except the back up goalie.

I've noticed that the tourney is far more physical than the college game. Refs let the players play for the most part. I like that the FOGO are fair game to hit after a certain point by the wings.

I've noticed that the tourney is far more physical than the college game. Refs let the players play for the most part. I like that the FOGO are fair game to hit after a certain point by the wings.
It’s the same in what used to be club lacrosse and now pro. You have to murder someone to get called for a penalty.

Interesting move by Canada with the stick check on the Beast after we went ahead.

Still, you are responsible for your own equipment. The 3 minute penalty would have carried over into OT. Could have been a problem if Canada ties it up in regulation.

Yea, the D really bailed him out. Nardella is a better field player too. On a 23 man roster, that might come in handy. I think Dino dropped the ball there.

I would have thought being caught with the illegal faceoff stick would have been penalized more severely... how often is infraction caught?

I would have thought being caught with the illegal faceoff stick would have been penalized more severely... how often is infraction caught?
3 minutes can be a long time in a lacrosse game and it’s non-releasable. Which means even if the other team scores you still have to stay in the penalty area.

Yea, the D really bailed him out. Nardella is a better field player too. On a 23 man roster, that might come in handy. I think Dino dropped the ball there.
I believe that Nards hurt his knee during the tryouts.

That sucks. He played in the MLL all star game against team USA and did well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT