ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone who thinks NJ con doesn’t have an axe to Grind

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
Check out the headline today about lacrosse and the “blowout loss”.
I am pretty much on record here saying football and mens basketball is all that matters and couldn’t care less about what is reported or what the other sports do …but cmon they made the final 4 . Todays game was Gravy!
But man what a low blow by that website.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
The world must be ending tonight. I agree with Plum Street.— Any other writer in a major university area would be writing about junior varsity high school swim meets or white elephant sales after an article like that. It wasn’t even a blowout and we did make it to the Final Four of a sport. Losing by 62 in basketball to Louisville and by 78 in football to Michigan were blowouts. We lost 17-10 today, not 23-5.

People still read NJ.com? Bunch of click bait BS designed for one thing.. to try and get more traffic on their pathetic site. Final four in the nation and they want to rain on that parade? Bunch of douche bags.

how about this........cornell defeats ru in what was a historic season.....see it's not hard n.j com ass wipe reporter.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Check out the headline today about lacrosse and the “blowout loss”.
I am pretty much on record here saying football and mens basketball is all that matters and couldn’t care less about what is reported or what the other sports do …but cmon they made the final 4 . Todays game was Gravy!
But man what a low blow by that website.
Thought the exact same thing when I read it....I did not mind the first line....."Rutgers historic season ends in Blowout loss to Cornell in Final Four" It was the second line that really pissed me off...."Rutgers failed to show up to its Final Four meeting with Cornell"

Reactions: Plum Street
Man that’s crazy. The Baltimore Sun provides a lot of coverage of lacrosse. I don’t ever remember that sort of vitriol. In fact I bet they have a more flattering article now.

Is the writer a Syracuse grad?

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Man that’s crazy. The Baltimore Sun provides a lot of coverage of lacrosse. I don’t ever remember that sort of vitriol. In fact I bet they have a more flattering article now.

Is the writer a Syracuse grad?
Cali, he is a Rutgers alumnus.

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
As long as you have Kevin Manahan as the editor in chief you are going to get these types of headlines and articles. Guy hates Rutgers

Reactions: SirScarlet
As far as I can tell from looking at the online site, there hasn’t been a peep about RU at the Big 10 baseball tournament.

People still read NJ.com? Bunch of click bait BS designed for one thing.. to try and get more traffic on their pathetic site. Final four in the nation and they want to rain on that parade? Bunch of douche bags.

Exactly. They appeal to the anti-RU crowd with these statements, but also generate clicks from us who want to see what offensive nonsense they print. It's a brilliant business model as this thread has generated nearly 400 views in less than 18 hours. As a result of this unintended promotion, how many of us have gone to their website to read the article? How many of us have gone there multiple times?

Exactly. They appeal to the anti-RU crowd with these statements, but also generate clicks from us who want to see what offensive nonsense they print. It's a brilliant business model as this thread has generated nearly 400 views in less than 18 hours. As a result of this unintended promotion, how many of us have gone to their website to read the article? How many of us have gone there multiple times?
I'll say this, my clicking on their BS headlines has declined by about 95%. And as a few years ago, lost a very loyal and paid subscriber. So, did they really win?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT