Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
NOON STARTS

Cinci @Mich
Townson @ Maryland
FAU @ Wiscy
Iowa @ Iowa State
NW @ Duke

- Jonathan Taylor gets a TD early to go up 7-0. Ugh. Already 87 yards 5 minutes into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
nt

(I have a picture of Wiscy student section only half full 5-minutes into the 1st quarter BUT can "copy/paste" it, as usual, nor can I link it from photobucket...WTF??)

a>

Last edited:
NW getting CLOBBERED in Durham right now 21-3 with 9 to go in the 2nd quarter.

What I've learned about Michigan though 5.5 quarters this year: Their defense is lights out. Scary good. Their offense is REALLY prone to mistakes/turnovers.

WTF Harbaugh? I am stunned:

UM up 10 with 2:10 to go after a punt and ALL 3 TO's remaining (Cinci gets ball to start 2nd half).. Cinci ball on own 13. 1st down run no gain. Mich does NOT call TO. Clock runs down to last second, snap, run ,gain of 5...NO TIMEOUT...Cinci runs a screen for 10 and a 1st down. Cinci hits a 40-yard pass play. Now they may not very well score here, 4th down and long, too deep for a FG, only 17-seconds left....BUT WTF?? How do you NOT use your TO's there? Harbaugh, of all people, are you kidding me???

From what I've seen so far today and last week we have a chance to be competitive at least in the first half of every game we play this season.

Now the 2 teams have combined to call 5 TO's in the last minute (3 in the last 2 plays, without the ball moving other than penalties) and still no points are going to come out of it. Literally extended the half by 10-minutes. Awful.

nt

(I have a picture of Wiscy student section only half full 5-minutes into the 1st quarter BUT can "copy/paste" it, as usual, nor can I link it from photobucket...WTF??)

a>

I asked the Wisconsin folks about this last year when NU played up there. They said their tradition is that the freshmen start their entrance right before kickoff, then the sophomores enter, then juniors, and the seniors start their entry at the tail end of the first quarter. The number of tickets for students are even divided in a way to make it work also. It's been a tradition there for decades. That's what the old timer I say with told me.

I asked the Wisconsin folks about this last year when NU played up there. They said their tradition is that the freshmen start their entrance right before kickoff, then the sophomores enter, then juniors, and the seniors start their entry at the tail end of the first quarter. The number of tickets for students are even divided in a way to make it work also. It's been a tradition there for decades. That's what the old timer I say with told me.

Okay I get the premise: the older kids are legal AND they get the higher-up (see: better view from end zone) seats, however, start a little earlier? I've seen there games where it doesn't fill up until mid-2nd quarter it's nuts!

NW looks awful. I'm not yet sold on us either (ask me in 4 hours) but they have nothing. Their defense looks like they're wearing concrete sneakers.

I'm convinced, all our opponents look at us as their premiere bowl game. They overlook the teams they play before us and they spend all their mental preparation on us. Then after they play us, they're just forlorn that 'The Game' is over and they lose their passion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT