ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Coaching Trade Off?

Teams are coming off our handshake line incident as well. Who knows what will happen.

Martelli is a much better coach.
Howard is one of the best recruiters in college basketball which is the reason they were so highly ranked at the beginning of the season.Talent matters and Howard knows how to win on the road .Martelli was a good head coach at St.Joseph but never got a higher level job.Howard's problem is anger management but his players support him .

Last edited:
Howard is one of the best recruiters in college basketball which is the reason they were so highly ranked at the beginning of the season.Talent matters and Howard knows how to win on the road .Martelli was a good head coach st St.Joseph but never got a higher level job.Howard's problem is anger management but his players support him .
Agreed Howard is a great recruiter think Martelli is an excellent coach who had issues recruiting.

Howard is one of the best recruiters in college basketball which is the reason they were so highly ranked at the beginning of the season.Talent matters and Howard knows how to win on the road .Martelli was a good head coach at St.Joseph but never got a higher level job.Howard's problem is anger management but his players support him .
He never wanted a higher level job, he loved being at St. Joe's

You guys are acting like Martelli changes anything from a schematics standpoint.

He doesn't. He changes their timeouts and rotation which is short handed tomorrow
It's a good point. Martelli was an excellent coach and always seemed like he got the best out of his players at St. Joes. But there is nothing he's going to change in a few days. The players will play hard for him though. He's no wilting flower.

Reactions: Mbash93
What do you think, they suddenly will be running the “Phil Martelli” system?😂 Please… same sets, same defense, 2 less players. Advantage Rutgers. Just play our game.
No I think I was clear about the schematics won't change. However I do think Martelli's a better in game coach.
That's all.

Martelli’s overall winning coaching percentage is around 58%. He is no Coach K. In his last 4 years he lost about 20 more games than he won at St. Joseph’s.

I just want him to be 0-1 this week. Which I think he will be.
RU is bringing their A game. This is important game to win !!

Reactions: colbert17
Martelli’s overall winning coaching percentage is around 58%. He is no Coach K. In his last 4 years he lost about 20 more games than he won at St. Joseph’s.
Martelli's last 4 years at St. Joes

28-8
11-20
16-16
14-19
Total 69-63

24 years at St. Joe's, 13 years with 18+ wins, 13 times in the post season.

Martelli's last 4 years at St. Joes

28-8
11-20
16-16
14-19
Total 69-63

24 years at St. Joe's, 13 years with 18+ wins, 13 times in the post season.
Ok, so in his last 3 seasons, he lost 14 more than he won!

41-55. He doesn’t scare me at all, especially since he’s running the same sets as Howard would be anyway!

Martelli was offered Rutgers and turned it down. Maybe multiple times

The HC and assistants discuss just about everything before making major changes or adjustments. Many times the suggestions come from the assistants. They are consistently communicating on the sideline. There won't be major changes. You don't throw that out there on 3 days notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: colbert17
You guys are acting like Martelli changes anything from a schematics standpoint.

He doesn't. He changes their timeouts and rotation which is short handed tomorrow
Yea Martelli isn't installing some new system. He is probably doing a lot of the coaching, game planning, strategizing anyway already with Howard having no prior experience and being a complete 🤡

Diabete and Williams is a huge huge loss. They have almost no depth with size now. They won't be able to protect the rim and rebound. This is a massive advantage

As for Michigan being amped up... fine... sure... it was already a revenge game with huge NCAA tournament implications so was already expecting Michigan to bring it.

This situation just means they might be more distracted and less focused than they would have been

Reactions: RUMOOSE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT