ADVERTISEMENT

BC just beat Wake - very good for RU

This is a worse loss than Iowa would be and should keep us out of Dayton you would think?

In Wachtel's bracket today, Wake was an 11 seed. Maybe this pushes them to a last four in or not in at all.
Why do some of you follow Wachtel? I thought he has credibility issues.

The ACC was horrifically bad this year.
This is why I don't understand some of these bracketologists giving ACC more credit than they've earned.

Man BC, what has happened to that program? It’s great that they won today, but I don’t ever remember them being this bad for this long.

Amazing to think some people didn’t want skinner, Howland , and mccaffery here when they were interested.
I don’t remember people being anti-McCaffery. I think people were lukewarm on Skinner because he was in the process of being forced out at BC when his name came up.

Howland? Let’s face it, most here wouldn’t have known him if they fell over him before he started winning at Pitt. Having Slice on his staff helped a little too.

I don’t remember people being anti-McCaffery. I think people were lukewarm on Skinner because he was in the process of being forced out at BC when his name came up.

Howland? Let’s face it, most here wouldn’t have known him if they fell over him before he started winning at Pitt. Having Slice on his staff helped a little too.
Yes , people wanted to keep Fred hill
Instead of going after mccarfery. The year Siena beat Ohio state was the year to get him.
Umm I hope people would have known Howland for what he did at ucla ! He wanted the rutgers job after that !

Yes , people wanted to keep Fred hill
Instead of going after mccarfery. The year Siena beat Ohio state was the year to get him.
Umm I hope people would have known Howland for what he did at ucla ! He wanted the rutgers job after that !
Your timing is off- I was talking about when Howland came to Pitt from Northern Arizona. You are sure that Howland wanted the RU job after UCLA? Don’t believe that at all. And if he was in fact interested, most RU fans would’ve signed for it. Most probably believed it was a pipe dream at the time. I know I did.

Your timing is off- I was talking about when Howland came to Pitt from Northern Arizona. You are sure that Howland wanted the RU job after UCLA? Don’t believe that at all. And if he was in fact interested, most RU fans would’ve signed for it. Most probably believed it was a pipe dream at the time. I know I did.

We weren't going to pay

Mccaffery was the big miss to keep Hill

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Yes , he wanted the job . But we needed to hire Eddie Jordan to heal the program

Reactions: TRU2RU
Last edited:
Why do some of you follow Wachtel? I thought he has credibility issues.

This is why I don't understand some of these bracketologists giving ACC more credit than they've earned.
For the same reason that MSU is being given a pass, unfortunately

SHOCKER I TELL YOU. SHOCKER.
SHOCKER Alert. THEY'RE PATHETIC WILL THIER SELF PROMOTING.
That’s crazy! This is about as horrible loss as you can have. If we had a similar loss we would be crucified.

Cause no one plants stories for leverage when they have other oars in the water.
Well, what exact leverage did he gain there ? He was already unemployed and went did announcing after that story. Was he trying to get a better tv offer ?

That’s crazy! This is about as horrible loss as you can have. If we had a similar loss we would be crucified.
Huh? I'm talking about the ESPN guy you know?
Ok... I'm now guessing you're talking about his comments and not mine lol.

Well, what exact leverage did he gain there ? He was already unemployed and went did announcing after that story. Was he trying to get a better tv offer ?
You don’t think he was talking to other programs out west? He was a west dude. If he was going to come back east, do you really think he wanted the RU job at that time? No practice facility, nuclear crater left by Rice, etc.?

Huh? I'm talking about the ESPN guy you know?
Ok... I'm now guessing you're talking about his comments and not mine lol.
Yes- I’m agreeing with you. Sorry if that came off wrong.

You don’t think he was talking to other programs out west? He was a west dude. If he was going to come back east, do you really think he wanted the RU job at that time? No practice facility, nuclear crater left by Rice, etc.?
Well, I guess the strategy you say he employed for leverage didn’t work since he didn’t get a job anyway.

I know!

Don’t bother with people who assume negative intent. Not good to surround yourself with that mentality.
It's tough when a thread has multiple themes. As long as folks step back and realize the potential misunderstandings. I'm as guilty as anyone.

Reactions: RUsojo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT