ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten aims to have new media rights deal, worth up to $1 billion, in place around Memorial Day

I don’t think NBC wants a Sunday college game. I think that was just a poorly worded article. It was meant to mean prime time college Saturday and primetime NFL Sunday in consecutive days, a 1-2 punch.
I never assumed it was Sunday night either.

I read it in the article as Saturday too. I believe a comparison was made to the Sunday Night NFL package NBC already as an option for a college version on Saturday night.

I don’t think NBC wants a Sunday college game. I think that was just a poorly worded article. It was meant to mean prime time college Saturday and primetime NFL Sunday in consecutive days, a 1-2 punch.
Thanks.. noted.

NBC really does need some college football content that they can count on on Saturdays. They have Notre Dame games about half the Saturdays during the season. That doesn't lead football fans to check that channel to make sure they aren't missing a game. I bet that actually hurts people flipping over to ND hme games when NBC DOES have them.

So, if thye have decent Big Ten games to lead into or out of Notre Dame home games.. and 2 Big Ten games whne Notre Dame plays away... I think that would be a big help in building NBC as a college football network.

And what would they lose? Some oddball league soccer games? Some PBR (Pro Bull Riders) content? Some Xgames crap? I honestly forget what they air when there is no ND home game.. Ice Dancing?

Reactions: RUTGERS95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT