ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 schedule...

What an absolute fail of a schedule. Total slap in the face to the fans of the 3rd most popular RU sport after football and men's basketball.

Yes, it’s in the email.
Getting a refund is in the email? I don’t see that but I also don’t want a refund. I agree with another poster that while there are only 4 RAC matches they are all quality and 2 are as high as you can get.
With that said, the overall home schedule isn’t great for many season ticket holders because in recent years we’ve had about double the number of RAC matches

Reactions: Leonard23
I love that RU is wrestling in Bethlehem. PSU's backyard and one of the biggest wrestling areas in the country. Show the Lehigh Valley what Rutgers Wrestling can do!!

I know I'm beating a dead horse but Wow, what a crappy home schedule. What's with the College Ave. Gym for Clarion? Who can they fit in there? How do you get tickets it's not even on the season ticket package? Only 4 home meets at the RAC and the 1st one not until Jan. 20th. Talk about dropping the ball and quelling any fan enthusiasm for this season.

Last edited:
Yup Rutgers vs Seton Hall and that would be Women's basketball. Wrestling got the boot for a sport at Rutgers which draws 500 fans on a good night.
Exactly. When women's hoops draws 4-5K a game, then they should take precedence over wrestling which has done that for years.

Let’s pack Jersey Mikes and we will get more home matches
So we haven't had top 5 attendance records already? Are we being punished as a fan base for not being top 3? I just don't get how the criteria you mentioned correlate.

You can't get less in any given year than we already have. The B1G schedule will always have 4 home meets at the RAC. The coaches and AD outside of that scheduled none.

Last edited:
Overall, the schedule is great from a competitive standpoint with 4 quality OOC matches against ASU, Stanford, Princeton, and UPenn, and 5 fairly easy/close road trips to Bethlehem, Newark, Princeton, Bloomsburg, and Lawrenceville. The 4 matches at The RAC are also quality B1G matches. I just wish we had 1 of those marquee OOC opponents at The RAC. Rutgers is doing the right thing by reducing the season ticket price and refunding/crediting, but is losing about 1/4-1/3 of the ticket/parking revenue as a result. The CAG sucks (always hated it), but we weren't getting 3K+ for Clarion on Fri night of teacher's convention, and WBB plays SHU at The RAC, so that's why it's not there. I'm guessing a lot of backups against Clarion with ASU and Sacred Heart the next day? If I don't end up going to Clarion, I'll just donate my season ticket credit back to the program. I know a number of OOC opponents don't want to wrestle us at The RAC, because it's such a good atmosphere, but who's got the scoop on what happened here?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Yup Rutgers vs Seton Hall and that would be Women's basketball. Wrestling got the boot for a sport at Rutgers which draws 500 fans on a good night.
I wonder how many season ticket holders WBB has, as 100 level seats are $160/season and plenty are still available. Unfortunately, TV likely dictated this move because The Barn isn't really equipped to televise basketball, so WBB couldn't move instead of wrestling.
Let’s pack Jersey Mikes and we will get more home matches
Curious comment, as we've been top 5 in attendance for many years now. Are we being punished or minimized for some reason?
I wonder if B1G+ can set up in the Barn? $$$$
Maybe/Hopefully, but I've heard there were issues or limitations in the past. Certainly, easier for wrestling than basketball.

Bill I respect what you bring to this program but we’ve packed the RAC and we’ve seen the number of home matches decrease. Don’t think selling out the place is going to do anything behind the scenes schedule wise.
Not many programs want a out of conference big 10 road dual . And about 1% want them in a pack big 10 arena. Getting duals isn't easy

Not many programs want a out of conference big 10 road dual . And about 1% want them in a pack big 10 arena. Getting duals isn't easy
That’s why I think some kind of parternship with another top conference would be ideal. Bunch of loser coaches out there if they’re afraid of a building. Tired of the people on the inside with the ability to make changes claiming they want to grow the sport and then do the complete opposite

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT