ADVERTISEMENT

Bloomsburg Match Thread

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
Wednesday serves as Senior Night, as the program will recognize Devon Britton, Jacob Butler, Niccolo Colucci, Al DeSantis, Kyle Epperly, Jackson Turley and Mitch Moore prior to the start of the dual.

Lineup:

How is Poz Doing? Is he practicing?
I was fairly confidant that he was going to make a run at NCAA's again,

Petersons performance and his lack of offense is very concerning as the post season is up next.

Reactions: koleszar
Gayer getting absolutely mauled 15-0 by some random from Bloomsburg isn’t a great look and doesn’t bode well for his future here unfortunately.

Gayer getting absolutely mauled 15-0 by some random from Bloomsburg isn’t a great look and doesn’t bode well for his future here unfortunately.
I don't understand how we keep putting kids who are constantly overmatched at 165 year after year. Please, Goodale, get a damn 165 lber in the portal. It shouldn't be this hard.

Wow bloom is a horrible team.. not sure why we even wrestled that match. 165 remains a black hole.

Well it seems clear that this match was scheduled to get as many graduating seniors into the line-up as possible and to rest banged up starters. Mission accomplished. Many performed well.
What’s up with Peterson tho.. from being ranked #2 wrestler to be pushed to the brink from unranked.. he stopped wrestling at the end and looked so gassed out…

What’s up with Peterson tho.. from being ranked #2 wrestler to be pushed to the brink from unranked.. he stopped wrestling at the end and looked so gassed out…
First, Dean should never have been ranked #2. That was a result of the chaos at 125 and Dean wrestling no one but being undefeated at the time. He has been banged up with knee (which we saw) and shoulder (tape on his shoulder tonight) issues. If you are banged up and can't go full tilt at practice you will likely gas in an actual match. I am just going on what I have seen watching all of the duals. Bill can likely provide more context.

Lastly, I would like to congratulate the team tonight on wrestling hard and finishing off the dual season with another win. They took 8 of 10 bouts and had 2 TFs and 2 pins. Great room guys got to wrestle in front of the fans tonight and produced (Britton, Weaver, and Epperly) and others worked hard too (Gayer, Colucci). Congrats also to Dean, Cetta, Jackson, and Brian on big wins.

Lastly, I would like to congratulate the team tonight on wrestling hard and finishing off the dual season with another win. They took 8 of 10 bouts and had 2 TFs and 2 pins. Great room guys got to wrestle in front of the fans tonight and produced (Britton, Weaver, and Epperly) and others worked hard too (Gayer, Colucci). Congrats also to Dean, Cetta, Jackson, and Brian on big wins.
Agreed. The room guys that got to suit up good for them and if this was the intention of putting Bloom in on the schedule then thanks to the staff. Hopefully the guys that are banged up can rest for BIGs and possible to get 8 to NCAA's which we all would have signed up for at the start of the season.

Wow bloom is a horrible team.. not sure why we even wrestled that match. 165 remains a black hole.
We aren't the only team that wrestle low end teams.

Penn State 55, Edinboro 0

125: Braeden Davis (PSU) over Caleb Edwards (EDIN) (TF 19-3 4:02)

133: Aaron Nagao (PSU) over Eamonn Jimenez (EDIN) (TF 18-3 3:33)

141: Beau Bartlett (PSU) over Jacob Brenneman (EDIN) (Fall 4:11)

149: Tyler Kasak (PSU) over Colin Roberts (EDIN) (Fall 3:20)

157: Levi Haines (PSU) over Gannon Jaquay (EDIN) (Fall 4:38)

165: Mitchell Mesenbrink (PSU) over (EDIN) (For.)

174: Carter Starocci (PSU) over Joseph Arnold (EDIN) (TF 22-5 2:45)

184: Bernie Truax (PSU) over Brody Evans (EDIN) (TF 21-3 5:00)

197: Aaron Brooks (PSU) over Jack Kilner (EDIN) (TF 19-4 3:55)

285: Greg Kerkvliet (PSU) over Nicholas Lodato (EDIN) (Fall 1:27)

Starocci hurt his knee and had to be helped off the mat by the coaches so it could be an expensive win!

WOW, PSU wrestled their #1 Team.
The stinks about Carter Star, I never want to see a wrestler hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT