ADVERTISEMENT

But, But, But Pike got us to the dance last year.

SantaFeScarlet

All American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Laziest offense I have ever seen, which makes sense when so much effort is put on defense. Our offense is pathetically lazy and all they do is pass around the perimeter and chuck up threes. If we're hot from behind the ark at home we have a shot. If we're not hot....fugggetttaboutit home or on the road with such a lazy no penetration chuck up threes offense. Frankly this offense is offensive. What stud offensive player in the portal wants to come and play for Pike?? Next year....holy guacamole... fugggetttaboutit. Enjoy last year's NCAA appearance, but as the old saying goes there's nothing quieter than yesterday's applause.

I love Pike and have tremendous respect for dragging this program out of the abyss. He’s a tremendous face of this program and has done what half a dozen before him couldn’t.

But as the face of the program, he should answer for its shortcomings. We don’t run an offense (haven’t in years.) Slow starts. Playing down to competition. It’s all been on display of late.

I love Pike and have tremendous respect for dragging this program out of the abyss. He’s a tremendous face of this program and has done what half a dozen before him couldn’t.

But as the face of the program, he should answer for its shortcomings. We don’t run an offense (haven’t in years.) Slow starts. Playing down to competition. It’s all been on display of late.
Then, and this is a novel idea, you or anyone else on here can speak up at the next Court Club meeting and ask him! Would probably be more interesting and insightful than the blind histrionics on here.

I think Hobbs extends him for 5 years cause that's what's need for recruiting since B1G, APC, and NCAA tournament appearance boxes have been checked already.

Then, and this is a novel idea, you or anyone else on here can speak up at the next Court Club meeting and ask him! Would probably be more interesting and insightful than the blind histrionics on here.
Oh you know that’s a great question and blah blah blah they’re kids and we have to do a better job blah blah blah.
That’s the answer you will get.

Blind historonics??

Guys, Reiber's our starting center next year when Cliff transfers. And Agee's our power forward when Pike can't recruit anyone else from the portal...ouch.

Technically speaking, since basketball is a revenue sport, won’t it be going the same route as football with 6 and 7 figure NIL deals for difference making players.
What’s the difference who’s here on 2024 or 2025.
This won’t be college sports anymore, it’s pay for play

Let’s hope, but unfortunately I think Hobbs gives him two more years after this.
For the record as much as I have been on the fence as to future coaching I believe he certainly deserves a year or two depending. He has earned that in my book. ( And my years are numbered and I can't believe I'm saying that lol,).

Your comments are spot on.Pikiell is a outstanding spokemen for Rutgers University.His shortcoming as a head coach is not recruiting players that can create and make shots off the dribble.Maryland had two players with that skill set and they both scored over 20 points.

Laziest offense I have ever seen, which makes sense when so much effort is put on defense. Our offense is pathetically lazy and all they do is pass around the perimeter and chuck up threes. If we're hot from behind the ark at home we have a shot. If we're not hot....fugggetttaboutit home or on the road with such a lazy no penetration chuck up threes offense. Frankly this offense is offensive. What stud offensive player in the portal wants to come and play for Pike?? Next year....holy guacamole... fugggetttaboutit. Enjoy last year's NCAA appearance, but as the old saying goes there's nothing quieter than yesterday's applause.
Best Team Ever.

Likely true for the MEAC, NEC or CAA, but this is the B1G.

Reactions: SantaFeScarlet
Actually, we lost to Lafayette. And UMass. And a gimpy Minnesota team.

You're right. Maybe D2?
Well I guess the point I was trying to make is that the abilities of two of our teams, relative to each other, is actually something completely independent of our conference or general level of competition.

Well I guess the point I was trying to make is that the abilities of two of our teams, relative to each other, is actually something completely independent of our conference or general level of competition.
I would say last year's team was more talented thanks to Young, Johnson and Mathis. Young and Mathis were at least high caliber recruits and Johnson was on that path until he was injured in high school. The recent recruiting classes except Jones didn't rise to the level needed. Too many projects.

We have a roster issue and not a coaching issue.
The roster issue may be tied to the coaching issue. Maybe like C Viv, the style of play is just not attractive to high caliber talent any longer. Its destroyed the women's team. It could happen here too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT