ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Cam Spencer to Rutgers

Awesome pick up. Really want Hammond as well, and a big man. How many spots do we have left?

Who knows what is going on with those other open schollies...Caleb could come back....RHJ? Jaden Jones?

There are only so many spots available, Spencer was the player who visited and committed ahead of Hammond. Spencer charts out ahead of Hammond in every offensive efficiency category and has 2 years left instead of 1.

It keeps Derek Simpson in line to play a solid amount of 1st year minutes on the ball, which also adds to this Spencer pick up being a long-term investment vs a 1 year rental. Hammond is also a very good guard, but I don't know what else could have been done here to take both players.

It went Ethan Wright, Cam Spencer and Marcus Hammond in order of what guards we are aware of, visiting RU.

So are we after 1 or 2 more in the portal? A backup big is a must, and I'd prefer a PG if possible if we have 2 spots open. Of course if Caleb, or dare I say, Ron come back, all bets are off.

So are we after 1 or 2 more in the portal? A backup big is a must, and I'd prefer a PG if possible. Of course if Caleb, or dare I say, Ron come back, all bets are off.
I really believe there is a zero percent chance Ron comes back. Caleb is the big recruit we need to land now. One more role player, hopefully a big, from the portal I’d imagine.

Will be interesting to see how he fits in the team.

Hammond was on campus earlier in the day I’m assuming? Anyone know for sure @RU72

I will say that Hammond made sense as a combo guard. If there is a true PG out there then they would pair well with Spencer who is a 2. So you'd have the PG and Mulcahy for distribution and Spencer for shooting and one on one creation.

Imo that point guard would've been Camren Wynter but he signed with Penn State. Not sure which other true PGs are even out there if that's a path the staff wants to pursue. (Dawes is not that guy) Otherwise we hope Simpson is ready.

Very happy with this. Spencer jumped first. Would’ve been nice to get Hammond too, but whatever, I get it. Still need to find another piece (or two).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT