ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone tell me what's wrong with wearing khakis?

You guys didn't get the memo - men are supposed to dress like the world's greatest soccer players, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale

O4vTl7V.jpg

You want to know what's wrong? You really want to know what's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong. The LAST time I wore khakis,they were called suntans,I was in the Army. That's what's wrong!:sunglasses:

Nothing wrong with them at all. They do make you look either nerdy or preppy, however.

Now Jean shorts... those are some weird Florida thing. Don't wear those.

You want to know what's wrong? You really want to know what's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong. The LAST time I wore khakis,they were called suntans,I was in the Army. That's what's wrong!:sunglasses:
I didn't realize they wore those in WWI.
icon_mrgreen_zps1e660791.gif

Reactions: beaced
It's about the coach photo that was released in the past couple days where all the coaches (but one) are wearing khakis.

And the thread with coach photo had some Jake from State Farm jokes. It was all in good fun. Posters who were were cheering the picture as showing the coaches having fun admonished those making fun of the khakis. Just a typical thread on Scarlet Nation. If we can't laugh at ourselves, everyone else will laugh at us and our D+ grade we just received from USATODAY.

Just want to point out that the Schiano bobblehead doll apparently is wearing khakis. Make of that what you will.

Please list the coaches who aren't wearing khakis on game day? These manufactures need some new offerings.

I like cargo shorts, they're very functional for me. Pockets for sunglasses, wallet, phone, keys etc..Comfort and functionality are important to me.

I do too, didn't know that cargo shorts were also looked down upon...what are the anti cargo shorts people wearing...jorts?

The issue with Harbaugh wasn't that he was wearing khakis.

It's that he wears pleated khakis.

Reactions: SHUSource
......Harbaugh swears by them!!!!!
Harbaugh broke new ground when he combined the "It's so hot I take off my shirt but still wear long pants" ethos so often portrayed by the shirtless jean wearing perps on COPS with the Dad/Coach Khaki look. The man is a genius.
1433531853497.jpg

Reactions: MOBFreehold
Khakis are fine for work. Chinos are more in fashion though now if you're younger.

Plenty of people still wear cargo shorts, but you have to mix it up, if it's a fancier spot, non-cargo shorts are better bet.

Also jean shorts are back, but they should be fashionable and not overly baggy. They should be tighter at the knee.

Given the choice of cargo shorts/pants or a purse, I'll take the cargo shorts/pants.

Harbaugh broke new ground when he combined the "It's so hot I take off my shirt but still wear long pants" ethos so often portrayed by the shirtless jean wearing perps on COPS with the Dad/Coach Khaki look. The man is a genius.
1433531853497.jpg

this should have been on Harbaugh's Christmas list - -

5888d02fe7beb3e0feee5ab39a788d5e.jpg

Khakis are fine. Just no pleats. They went out years ago. And make sure they fit as well. Some of the coaches I see wear them several sizes too big, which makes them appear that they have no sense of basic dressing style.

I like cargo shorts, they're very functional for me. Pockets for sunglasses, wallet, phone, keys etc..Comfort and functionality are important to me.
I agree with your post, but would just like to point out that both RUScrew85 and NOTINRHOUSE liked it. That is all.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Khakis are fine for work. Chinos are more in fashion though now if you're younger.

Plenty of people still wear cargo shorts, but you have to mix it up, if it's a fancier spot, non-cargo shorts are better bet.

Also jean shorts are back, but they should be fashionable and not overly baggy. They should be tighter at the knee.

Cargo shorts/pants are completely unacceptable for anybody.

Jean shorts are not back. Not even in at Citi Field.

Khakis are ok for work if you have no style and don't care much about how you dress, but you won't embarrass yourself unless they have pleats.

Chinos are your best bet for casual pants as they are a little dressier than khakis. They don't have visible stitching, are lighter, and aren't as baggy as khakis. They still suck though.

Dress slacks are the way to go.

Reactions: PhDKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT