ADVERTISEMENT

Can/Will we ever get a 6 seed or better with current OOC scheduling strategy?

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
Was thinking about the Covid season, our best team under Pike, and what that team was expected to be seeded and consensus had us as a 10. We were 10-10 in conference.

Same year Penn St was a projected 5/6 seed at 11-9 big ten record. But they played high major teams OOC, 3 road/neutral and 2 home.

Thinking about expectations, NW finishing 2nd in big ten and a 10 seed, and trying to figure out what’s the best we can do going forward at current strategy.

Thoughts?

With recruiting on the upswing, we might see a change. Keep in mind Pike has tried to get some better games but teams don't want to come to the RAC. We were going to play Gonzaga but it fell through

I would really like an early season tournament that challenges us in a tropical location so I can have a Rutgers bball vacation

Was thinking about the Covid season, our best team under Pike, and what that team was expected to be seeded and consensus had us as a 10. We were 10-10 in conference.

Same year Penn St was a projected 5/6 seed at 11-9 big ten record. But they played high major teams OOC, 3 road/neutral and 2 home.

Thinking about expectations, NW finishing 2nd in big ten and a 10 seed, and trying to figure out what’s the best we can do going forward at current strategy.

Thoughts?

Yes …go 16-4 and you will be a one or two seed

Reactions: MiloTalon13

Thoughts?
Honestly the OOC schedule isn’t that important but I expect it to get better. Just win your games. The OOC was fine but they didn’t beat Temple or Miami mostly due to injuries. Win 13+ big ten games and a sub 6 seed is likely. OOC helps but it’s not the most important thing. Play 1-2 good OOC games and that’s fine. Pike tried to schedule Gonzaga so I expect the schedule to continue to get better. Not worried.

Last edited:
We could have easily been a 4 before we fell apart at the end of the year.

We should definitely upgrade the OCC schedule though. If we can consistently get top guys to come here, they are going to want to go up against the best and play other top teams on National TV. If we want to keep the 5 stars happy we should start acting like the big boys, who are happy to play allcomers.

Last edited:
Some of the “we could’ve easily been x if we won every game we lost” talk is fairly non-sensical.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT