ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Carolina

My younger son is named after a guy I worked with who was killed on 9/11, Timmy McSweeney from Ladder 3...

mcsweeney_timothy.jpg

His son, Patrick (who is the same age and name as my older boy are still friends) grew up big like his dad and now plays TE for Coastal Carolina...

Patrick_McSweeney_vs_Norfolk_State_3_McCool.jpg

i

Safe to say it's not too hard to figure out who my second favorite team in College Football is these days. Go Chanticleers!
GOD BLESS the Sons and the Fathers.

Moglia was a football coach for over a decade before going into finance

I know he was an assistant previously, i was talking about the posters who thought his Wall St experience would make him a good coach here.

I was against hiring him simply because of his age. It made no sense to me hiring someone to rebuild a program who was in their mid-late 60's . in retrospect, think how it would have worked out if a year after being hired, he had to step away for health reasons.

I actually like the red field at Eastern Washington but I wouldn't want us to do it. The Big Ten would throw a fit

Lots of odd paint patterns have been used in combat ships / plains.. the idea being.. if you cannot use radar.. which would expose you.. visual observation can be a bit confusing.. and that bit might be just enough in the right circumstances.

I suppose it works in uniforms/fields. I mean.. you are a QB visiting a blue field.. you look for the white helmets and jerseys and you are just not too sure how many blue jerseys are converging toward your target.. is he open? Will he be open? That hesitation is a big advantage.

280px-USS-Freedom-130222-N-DR144-174-crop.jpg

players are in motion in a different line of sight for the players than the turf. the color of the turf has no impact on the opponent.

And what about the uniform numbers, stripes etc. it’s not camouflage.

hey, lets get basketball uniforms the same color as the RAC court ! We’d be invisible to the defense !

ridiculous

Lots of odd paint patterns have been used in combat ships / plains.. the idea being.. if you cannot use radar.. which would expose you.. visual observation can be a bit confusing.. and that bit might be just enough in the right circumstances.

I suppose it works in uniforms/fields. I mean.. you are a QB visiting a blue field.. you look for the white helmets and jerseys and you are just not too sure how many blue jerseys are converging toward your target.. is he open? Will he be open? That hesitation is a big advantage.

280px-USS-Freedom-130222-N-DR144-174-crop.jpg
Kind of like the Kansa KO return guy who laid down in the end zone so his unit blended in with the turf

If Coastal goes unbeaten this year, do they get a shot at the playoff? Or is it UCF around 2? .. if Coastal goes undefeated and wins their bowl, they should declare themselves national champs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT