ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Round 2 Rainstorm 1/12 (not as bad as round 1); Rainstorm 1/9-10 - Major Urban/Stream Flooding, High Winds and Coastal Flooding Likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little bit in disbelief on our reading. It's in a reasonable location (not under roof runoff, ha, ha), but maybe there is a magnetic thingy on the bottom of the glass tube that is drawing rain into the test tube. Ha, ha-- @RU848789 -it works this way right? 😜

But looking at the numbers @knightfan7 posted and the list posted by @bac2therac ,there is not a single reading close to 5 inches. Maybe we will move our gauge to a different location for the Friday storm to see.
Yes, I have it a fair distance from the roofing/runnoff, but i don't trust it yet
Might have to move it further

Reactions: Knight Shift
Daughter's school is closed today due to power outage, she is happy. The Princeton Ridge section of town has old utilities, so this isn't a surprise. LOL!

I'm a little bit in disbelief on our reading. It's in a reasonable location (not under roof runoff, ha, ha), but maybe there is a magnetic thingy on the bottom of the glass tube that is drawing rain into the test tube. Ha, ha-- @RU848789 -it works this way right? 😜

But looking at the numbers @knightfan7 posted and the list posted by @bac2therac ,there is not a single reading close to 5 inches. Maybe we will move our gauge to a different location for the Friday storm to see.
Just moved mine to a spot that has to be not affected by the house
Less convenient, but do want future accuracy

Daughter's school is closed today due to power outage, she is happy. The Princeton Ridge section of town has old utilities, so this isn't a surprise. LOL!
Thank goodness Noah didn't take a day off 'cause it was raining a lot.

Here is the list of road closures as of 10:25 a.m.
  • Basking Ridge - Newell Drive (REOPENED)
  • Basking Ridge - Hardscrabble Road between Childs Rd & Butternut Ln (REOPENED)
  • Basking Ridge - Mt Airy Road between Chimney Ash Farm Ln & Countryside Dr due to a utility pole over the roadway & downed power lines
  • Basking Ridge - Acken Rd south of Spring Valley Blvd at Warren Township line
  • Basking Ridge - Madisonville Road at the Harding Township line (REOPENED)
  • Basking Ridge - Lord Stirling Road at the Long Hill Township line
  • Bedminster - All lanes on Route 206 on the northbound ramp to River Road
  • Bedminster - Lamington Rd between Rattlesnake Bridge Rd to Hunterdon County Line (REOPENED)
  • Bedminster - Rattlesnake Bridge Rd between Lamington Rd and RTE 78 (REOPENED)
  • Bedminster - Burnt Mills Rd Closed from Rattlesnake Rd to Cowperthwaite Rd
  • Branchburg - Opie Road from River Rd/Picket Place
  • Branchburg - Black Point Road going into Hillsborough
  • Branchburg - Woodfern Road near Black Point
  • Branchburg - South Branch Road at Chubb Way
  • Branchburg- Burnt Mills Road
  • Branchburg - River Road at Station Road (Near Train Station)
  • Branchburg - South Branch Road at Ronan Way
  • Branchburg - South Branch Road at Pleasant Run Road
  • Branchburg - Old York Road going into Bridgewater
  • Branchburg - Elm Street by the bridge into Hillsborough
  • Branchburg/Hillsborough - Studdiford Bridge
  • Branchburg/Bridgewater - 2 Bridges Old York Road between Branchburg and Bridgewater
  • Bridgewater - Shephard Avenue and Southside Avenue
  • Bridgewater - Old York Road from Chestnut Street to Woodmere Avenue
  • Bridgewater/Raritan - Old York Road Between Woodmere Street in Raritan Borough and Chestnut St in Bridgewater Township
  • Green Brook - Washington Avenue
  • Hillsborough/Raritan - Route 206 North between Somerset Street and Dukes Parkway East
  • Hillsborough - River rd at Blackpoint
  • Hillsborough - Montgomery rd by bridge
  • Hillsborough - Three Bridges rd at Elm St bridge
  • Hillsborough - Hockenbury Rd between Amwell rd and Three Bridges rd
  • Hillsborough - River rd at Opie
  • Hillsborough - Clawson ave between 1st and 4th
  • Hillsborough - Riverside dr. between Mill lane and Clawson
  • Hillsborough - River rd at Mill Lane
  • Hillsborough - Blackwells Mills
  • Hillsborough - Kilmer dr at Michelle rd, downed tree
  • Hillsborough - Willow rd at the Montgomery border, pole fire
  • Hillsborough - Dukes Parkway East between Johanson Avenue and Route 206
  • Hillsborough - Dukes Parkway East between Kimberly Road and Taylor Avenue
  • Hillsborough - Amwell Road between Blackpoint Road and Long Hill Road
  • Hillsborough - River Road between Roycefield Road and Beekman Lane
  • Hillsborough - Millstone River Road between Amsterdam and Yorktown Road
  • Franklin/Montgomery - Griggstown Causeway
  • Manville - Main Street Underpass is flooded. Main Street is now closed between Brooks Blvd. and South Street.
  • Montgomery - Millstone River Road between Dead Tree Run and Bridgeport Road
  • Montgomery - Millstone River Road between Staats Farm Road and Belle Mead Griggstown Road
  • Raritan - Basilone Bridge
  • Raritan - Orlando Drive
  • Warren - Dead River Road
Some traffic lights are also not working in Montgomery:
  • Route 206 at Harlingen Road
  • Route 206 at Sunset Road
  • Route 601 at Montgomery High School
  • Route 601 at Route 518

The flood gate on East Street in Bound Brook closed at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, announced Bound Brook Police.
"This is a precautionary action as the Raritan River is predicted to crest at a level slightly below the required level for flood gate closure," said police.
As of 10:20 a.m., the Raritan River in Bound Brook has risen to the moderate flooding stage of 31.97 feet and is expected to hit just below the major flooding stage at 32.9 feet by 5 p.m. on Wednesday.

As of 9 a.m. Wednesday, Middlesex Police posted: Flood waters continue to rise with the tide. River Road, Cedar Avenue, Shepherd Avenue and Lincoln Blvd. ALL remain closed. Do not drive around barricades or through standing water.
Possumtown Road is closed entering Piscataway, and Shepherd Avenue is closed entering Bridgewater.

Lincoln Blvd. is closed between the Bound Brook border and Raritan Ave. DO NOT drive through standing water.
Due to flooding on the Piscataway side of the Landing Lane bridge, the Landing Lane Bridge is currently closed in both directions until the flood waters recede. Please seek alternate route.

Reactions: MulletCork
For all those who had to manually bail out their sump pumps, you really need to get a gas powered generator. I know its expensive but it was the best investment I've ever made. We have 2 sump pumps covering our basement which sits over a high level of ground water (we have well water in my area). Every time the power goes and the Generac turns on a few seconds later, I thank my lucky stars that we purchased it. We've been through a few basement floods (concrete slabs, no carpeting or anything of value getting wet) and now I sleep comfortably during these storms.
A battery back-up for the sump pump may be the better option.

A battery back-up for the sump pump may be the better option.
If one has natural gas service, then using that with a generator provides endless power in a power outage and with an automatic transfer switch at the panel, it‘s nearly instantaneous. It’s a more expensive option, but probably the “best” other than price.

Here is the list of road closures as of 10:25 a.m.
  • Basking Ridge - Newell Drive (REOPENED)
  • Basking Ridge - Hardscrabble Road between Childs Rd & Butternut Ln (REOPENED)
  • Basking Ridge - Mt Airy Road between Chimney Ash Farm Ln & Countryside Dr due to a utility pole over the roadway & downed power lines
  • Basking Ridge - Acken Rd south of Spring Valley Blvd at Warren Township line
  • Basking Ridge - Madisonville Road at the Harding Township line (REOPENED)
  • Basking Ridge - Lord Stirling Road at the Long Hill Township line
  • Bedminster - All lanes on Route 206 on the northbound ramp to River Road
  • Bedminster - Lamington Rd between Rattlesnake Bridge Rd to Hunterdon County Line (REOPENED)
  • Bedminster - Rattlesnake Bridge Rd between Lamington Rd and RTE 78 (REOPENED)
  • Bedminster - Burnt Mills Rd Closed from Rattlesnake Rd to Cowperthwaite Rd
  • Branchburg - Opie Road from River Rd/Picket Place
  • Branchburg - Black Point Road going into Hillsborough
  • Branchburg - Woodfern Road near Black Point
  • Branchburg - South Branch Road at Chubb Way
  • Branchburg- Burnt Mills Road
  • Branchburg - River Road at Station Road (Near Train Station)
  • Branchburg - South Branch Road at Ronan Way
  • Branchburg - South Branch Road at Pleasant Run Road
  • Branchburg - Old York Road going into Bridgewater
  • Branchburg - Elm Street by the bridge into Hillsborough
  • Branchburg/Hillsborough - Studdiford Bridge
  • Branchburg/Bridgewater - 2 Bridges Old York Road between Branchburg and Bridgewater
  • Bridgewater - Shephard Avenue and Southside Avenue
  • Bridgewater - Old York Road from Chestnut Street to Woodmere Avenue
  • Bridgewater/Raritan - Old York Road Between Woodmere Street in Raritan Borough and Chestnut St in Bridgewater Township
  • Green Brook - Washington Avenue
  • Hillsborough/Raritan - Route 206 North between Somerset Street and Dukes Parkway East
  • Hillsborough - River rd at Blackpoint
  • Hillsborough - Montgomery rd by bridge
  • Hillsborough - Three Bridges rd at Elm St bridge
  • Hillsborough - Hockenbury Rd between Amwell rd and Three Bridges rd
  • Hillsborough - River rd at Opie
  • Hillsborough - Clawson ave between 1st and 4th
  • Hillsborough - Riverside dr. between Mill lane and Clawson
  • Hillsborough - River rd at Mill Lane
  • Hillsborough - Blackwells Mills
  • Hillsborough - Kilmer dr at Michelle rd, downed tree
  • Hillsborough - Willow rd at the Montgomery border, pole fire
  • Hillsborough - Dukes Parkway East between Johanson Avenue and Route 206
  • Hillsborough - Dukes Parkway East between Kimberly Road and Taylor Avenue
  • Hillsborough - Amwell Road between Blackpoint Road and Long Hill Road
  • Hillsborough - River Road between Roycefield Road and Beekman Lane
  • Hillsborough - Millstone River Road between Amsterdam and Yorktown Road
  • Franklin/Montgomery - Griggstown Causeway
  • Manville - Main Street Underpass is flooded. Main Street is now closed between Brooks Blvd. and South Street.
  • Montgomery - Millstone River Road between Dead Tree Run and Bridgeport Road
  • Montgomery - Millstone River Road between Staats Farm Road and Belle Mead Griggstown Road
  • Raritan - Basilone Bridge
  • Raritan - Orlando Drive
  • Warren - Dead River Road
Some traffic lights are also not working in Montgomery:
  • Route 206 at Harlingen Road
  • Route 206 at Sunset Road
  • Route 601 at Montgomery High School
  • Route 601 at Route 518

The flood gate on East Street in Bound Brook closed at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, announced Bound Brook Police.
"This is a precautionary action as the Raritan River is predicted to crest at a level slightly below the required level for flood gate closure," said police.
As of 10:20 a.m., the Raritan River in Bound Brook has risen to the moderate flooding stage of 31.97 feet and is expected to hit just below the major flooding stage at 32.9 feet by 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
Not totally accurate - I live second house off Washington Ave Greenbrook/Dunellen. I got up about 3AM and it was closed, but by 5AM it was open.

Seems unlikely as there were only a few reports of just over 4" in the entire state of NJ, plus the radar estimations are generally pretty good. Not saying 5" isn't possible, just seems unlikely, especially in coastal Monmouth where there were only a few reports barely over 3". Clifton is more believable, as there were many reports of nearly 4" in that area and 4"+ in Passaic/Bergen not far away.

Yeah, we did that after Sandy. Like others we lost power during Sandy for 8-10 days, and it got pretty cold. We were heating a portion of our home with a wood stove. We moved, and installed a wood stove at the new home, but we also installed a generator at the new home. Very wise decision. We never haveto worry about heat and the sump pump.
Or you could take our approach if it's only power and getting cold that's a worry (not a sump pump and basement flooding) - we lost power for 6 days after Sandy and after 3 days and it getting cold, we drove to Philly and took a mini vacation in a hotel (we had tix to see a band there anyway), for maybe $600 instead of spending several thousand on a whole house generator, since losing power for more than a day is maybe a once or twice in 10-20 year risk.

Not really .. acting like this was a major catastrophe . Think about that. It was a nor’easter and over the years we have been through many of them. Numbers sorry we have many times had winds 40-50 during storms like this. You are overly melodramatic . You went to the game. You saw a win . You arrived safe at home. That is what matters.
I never said it was anywhere near a catastrophe and was, in fact, the one arguing that the game at the RAC wasn't that big of a deal to get to and home from, since flooding was unlikely until well after the game was over. What I was saying was a huge risk, though, with this storm was widespread moderate to major river/stream flooding and we're seeing that now in many places (and significant coastal/tidal flooding which we saw last night and this morning).

Plus, there were many trees down and power outages and while it wasn't widespread like Sandy, which was a widespread catastrophe, for the people impacted in this storm, I'm sure it feels pretty catastrophic, especially if the trees damaged their property. And the rain amounts and wind gusts were greater than probably 90% of nor'easters, as we don't usually get 2-4" of rain in the winter nor widespread 55-70 mph gusts (even though this wasn't a nor'easter).

According to one of the reports @bac2therac posted a trained spotter in my area recorded a little over 3”. It sure didn’t seem that much. 🤷‍♂️

But the wind was very strong and there are still some very strong gusts right now (1pm).

According to one of the reports @bac2therac posted a trained spotter in my area recorded a little over 3”. It sure didn’t seem that much. 🤷‍♂️

But the wind was very strong and there are still some very strong gusts right now (1pm).
FWIW, the RU weather station at the Wall Muni Complex reported 3.0" while the station at the Sea Girt training center reported 2.95"

Yeah, the wind is a lot stronger than earlier today with gusts hitting 40mph.

FWIW, the RU weather station at the Wall Muni Complex reported 3.0" while the station at the Sea Girt training center reported 2.95"

Yeah, the wind is a lot stronger than earlier today with gusts hitting 40mph.
Wondering if my rain gauge being in an open shielded courtyard collected more rain than a gauge in a wide open space where the wind may have had an impact.

As of 9 a.m. Wednesday, Middlesex Police posted: Flood waters continue to rise with the tide. River Road, Cedar Avenue, Shepherd Avenue and Lincoln Blvd. ALL remain closed. Do not drive around barricades or through standing water.
Possumtown Road is closed entering Piscataway, and Shepherd Avenue is closed entering Bridgewater.

Lincoln Blvd. is closed between the Bound Brook border and Raritan Ave. DO NOT drive through standing water.
Due to flooding on the Piscataway side of the Landing Lane bridge, the Landing Lane Bridge is currently closed in both directions until the flood waters recede. Please seek alternate route.

I drove River Road this AM on the way in to the office. Johnson Park was half flooded and that included Landing Lane with access road closed.

Wondering if my rain gauge being in an open shielded courtyard collected more rain than a gauge in a wide open space where the wind may have had an impact.
Only way to be sure is to do an RCT - but rather than just getting one more gauge and putting it into the wide open, I suggest a fractional factorial design, wherein you purchase 7 more gauges and do a 2x2x2 design. And do this before Friday night's event and report back to everyone. 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Or you could take our approach if it's only power and getting cold that's a worry (not a sump pump and basement flooding) - we lost power for 6 days after Sandy and after 3 days and it getting cold, we drove to Philly and took a mini vacation in a hotel (we had tix to see a band there anyway), for maybe $600 instead of spending several thousand on a whole house generator, since losing power for more than a day is maybe a once or twice in 10-20 year risk.
I looked it like I'd be rooting to storms and losing power to justify the cost, and like you, if it happens where we lose power for a certain period of time, take a nice mini vacation somewhere

Boston
NYC
Philly
Baltimore
DC
Pittsburgh

All reasonable drives or short flights away, and not overly expensive for that duration of time

Reactions: RU848789
I never said it was anywhere near a catastrophe and was, in fact, the one arguing that the game at the RAC wasn't that big of a deal to get to and home from, since flooding was unlikely until well after the game was over. What I was saying was a huge risk, though, with this storm was widespread moderate to major river/stream flooding and we're seeing that now in many places (and significant coastal/tidal flooding which we saw last night and this morning).

Plus, there were many trees down and power outages and while it wasn't widespread like Sandy, which was a widespread catastrophe, for the people impacted in this storm, I'm sure it feels pretty catastrophic, especially if the trees damaged their property. And the rain amounts and wind gusts were greater than probably 90% of nor'easters, as we don't usually get 2-4" of rain in the winter nor widespread 55-70 mph gusts (even though this wasn't a nor'easter).
Ok ,.. HELLACIOUS … that’s close…there is risk every time you step into the shower/ bathtub… walk on the streets of your neighborhood… get in your car on a sunny, clear dry day… what it is to us is you pushing that fear narrative….it would be fine if we didn’t already hear this crap now every week when a weather system arrives… don’t forget get your reports for this weekend’s approaching storm… see then it was an average weather system approaching from the south… is that your take… to me it was more like a nor’easter than a HELLAC IOUS storm event…

You can have a passing spring , summer etc. thunderstorm cause flooding with downed trees and power lines. Think back 50 years ago early 1970’s… Numbers is around 12 years of age … while playing frisbee in the park a summer storm system approaches from the west bringing with it excessive winds 45-50 mph … this hot, sticky 90+ degree day causes “ Numbers “ to make it part of his existence to keep all the normal idiots… 😜… up on what they can read, listen to or watch on the boob tube. Thanks Numbers for all you do … people count on your expertise and that of the others 20 million amateur weather / forecast meteorologists around the country… I prefer the Storm fields, Tex Antoine’s of yesterday year . Who tried to be warning in their reports but not cause people to stay away from events that were not impacted at all. Did the JMA / RAC flood out? Coastal areas and those living by streams, creeks, rivers and ponds probably understand or should be aware after Sandy.Don’t buy near water .

You can have a passing spring , summer etc. thunderstorm cause flooding with downed trees and power lines. Think back 50 years ago early 1970’s… Numbers is around 12 years of age … while playing frisbee in the park a summer storm system approaches from the west bringing with it excessive winds 45-50 mph … this hot, sticky 90+ degree day causes “ Numbers “ to make it part of his existence to keep all the normal idiots… 😜… up on what they can read, listen to or watch on the boob tube. Thanks Numbers for all you do … people count on your expertise and that of the others 20 million amateur weather / forecast meteorologists around the country… I prefer the Storm fields, Tex Antoine’s of yesterday year . Who tried to be warning in their reports but not cause people to stay away from events that were not impacted at all. Did the JMA / RAC flood out? Coastal areas and those living by streams, creeks, rivers and ponds probably understand or should be aware after Sandy.Don’t buy near water .
You haven't understood anything I've posted. I summarized the most likely impacts from the best sources for a few days and then showed that those forecasts (not mine) were quite good. And the impacts were significant for the 120K in NJ who lost power mostly due to those high winds, which were greater than ~90% of nor'easters, the tens of thousands impacted by flooding in numerous towns whose streams and rivers reached moderate to major flood stages and in towns along the coast and tidal rivers (the Delaware and Hudson mostly). Conditions last night got pretty hellacious if you were out there in it and it was one of the most powerful winter storms to hit our area in years (and many other areas).

But despite all of that, I was probably the person most dismissive of the likelihood of the game at the RAC being cancelled, saying the following on Monday morning. "Close to a zero chance of the RAC being impacted and if there is going to be river flooding from the Raritan (like the flooding that postponed the RU football game after Ida), that won't happen until well after the rain is over, which would be Wednesday at the earliest. Heavy rain and gusty winds are not reasons to cancel the game." So your post above is clearly nonsense. Please, try reading what other people write before posting.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...possible-coastal-flooding.272142/post-6642370

@bac2therac and other Monty/Hills locals. The Griggstown Causeway is closed. LOL!

418965749_7693000660727228_160107595482565602_n.jpg

Last edited:
You haven't understood anything I've posted. I summarized the most likely impacts from the best sources for a few days and then showed that those forecasts (not mine) were quite good. And the impacts were significant for the 120K in NJ who lost power mostly due to those high winds, which were greater than ~90% of nor'easters, the tens of thousands impacted by flooding in numerous towns whose streams and rivers reached moderate to major flood stages and in towns along the coast and tidal rivers (the Delaware and Hudson mostly). Conditions last night got pretty hellacious if you were out there in it and it was one of the most powerful winter storms to hit our area in years (and many other areas).

But despite all of that, I was probably the person most dismissive of the likelihood of the game at the RAC being cancelled, saying the following on Monday morning. "Close to a zero chance of the RAC being impacted and if there is going to be river flooding from the Raritan (like the flooding that postponed the RU football game after Ida), that won't happen until well after the rain is over, which would be Wednesday at the earliest. Heavy rain and gusty winds are not reasons to cancel the game." So your post above is clearly nonsense. Please, try reading what other people write before posting.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...possible-coastal-flooding.272142/post-6642370
I understood everything… that’s the sadness of all this. You over do everything with weather… it was not the worst or near the worst storm in recent memory . . Let’s say we will have many more going forward… When you used the term HELLACIOUS… now that was funny. Just realize not every storm now has to be the end of the world as we know it. Keep it simple… give your prediction … realize this was far from as serious as people are making it out to be. I guess you lived a very sheltered life protected and made to fear not respect Mother Nature.

I understood everything… that’s the sadness of all this. You over do everything with weather… it was not the worst or near the worst storm in recent memory . . Let’s say we will have many more going forward… When you used the term HELLACIOUS… now that was funny. Just realize not every storm now has to be the end of the world as we know it. Keep it simple… give your prediction … realize this was far from as serious as people are making it out to be. I guess you lived a very sheltered life protected and made to fear not respect Mother Nature.
Nope, you still just don't get anything. I never said it was the worst storm in recent memory, I said it was the worst winter storm in years, with regard to rainfall, flooding and winds - we've had several worse tropical systems in recent years, such as Ida and Henri, producing much worse flash flooding and river flooding.

And you're the first person who's ever said I fear Mother Nature. I've chased numerous tropical storms/hurricanes, driving my wife completely nuts when I went down the shore about 8 hours before Sandy made landfall, with conditions deteriorating rapidly, plus I'm always out and about in major snowstorms, driving and walking around to see the impacts and enjoy it all. And you clearly didn't even read my comments on the hoops game last night, as I was personally completely unworried about going to the RAC. Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.

What’s the status for the storm on Friday? I haven’t heard much. And the weather app on my phone is not indicating anything for the Piscataway area.

Nope, you still just don't get anything. I never said it was the worst storm in recent memory, I said it was the worst winter storm in years, with regard to rainfall, flooding and winds - we've had several worse tropical systems in recent years, such as Ida and Henri, producing much worse flash flooding and river flooding.

And you're the first person who's ever said I fear Mother Nature. I've chased numerous tropical storms/hurricanes, driving my wife completely nuts when I went down the shore about 8 hours before Sandy made landfall, with conditions deteriorating rapidly, plus I'm always out and about in major snowstorms, driving and walking around to see the impacts and enjoy it all. And you clearly didn't even read my comments on the hoops game last night, as I was personally completely unworried about going to the RAC. Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.
Once you realize that Bobby never relents, he thinks he's always right and everyone else wrong, it's a lot smarter to skip past his posts. He put me on ignore. Lucky me.

No … I’m now in your head. You can’t see how much of a nut case you are with weather posts. Don’t worry Merck my reading comp is fine .It’s your smug attitude that is off. You are one of too many amateur weather nerds. An amateur who yesterday was once again way off. It was not a record breaking storm. A winter storm which will again occur this week again. Your are someone who for some odd reason believes he’s unique and special. You are still a buffoon and just can’t bare to be chastised for being a cry wolf type of guy. I never said you fear Mother Nature… you fear being wrong and on this event you were wrong.

What’s the status for the storm on Friday? I haven’t heard much. And the weather app on my phone is not indicating anything for the Piscataway area.
Posted about it this morning in this thread, but basically, it's a somewhat weaker version of yesterday's storm as this will also be a storm tracking through the midwest, well to our west, bringing in warm air, rain and winds on southerly flow (i.e., not a nor'easter at all). Rainfall is expected to be in the 1-2" range with the higher amounts N of 195, which given the already full streams/rivers, will be enough to bring these rivers back to minor to moderate flood stage and probably even major flooding in the Passaic River basin again. Coastal flooding, including up the tidal Delaware and Hudson is also a concern as is minor coastal flooding on the Atlantic coast. Winds will be a bit less than yesterday with 40-50 mph gusts inland and 50-60 mph gusts at the coast. Good powerpoint briefing from the NWS in the link below.

I don't think this needs a new thread, as it can be continued in this one, as it's likely to generate a lot less traffic, but others may disagree. I'm much more interested in the much colder weather starting Saturday and the possible snow on Tuesday...

https://www.weather.gov/media/phi/current_briefing.pdf

No … I’m now in your head. You can’t see how much of a nut case you are with weather posts. Don’t worry Merck my reading comp is fine .It’s your smug attitude that is off. You are one of too many amateur weather nerds. An amateur who yesterday was once again way off. It was not a record breaking storm. A winter storm which will again occur this week again. Your are someone who for some odd reason believes he’s unique and special. You are still a buffoon and just can’t bare to be chastised for being a cry wolf type of guy. I never said you fear Mother Nature… you fear being wrong and on this event you were wrong.
lol, I'm actually trying to help you see how distorted your perception is. Let's just take one simple element of what you just said above, where you said, "I never said you fear Mother Nature." True? Ok, then how do you square that with this quote from a couple of posts ago from you: "I guess you lived a very sheltered life protected and made to fear not respect Mother Nature." You contradict yourself all the time and don't even recognize it or just choose to ignore it. Until you actually start reading and thinking, you'll continue to make a mess of things.

And just for giggles, please show your work regarding what I was wrong on with my posts on expected rainfall, flooding, winds or anything else. Hint - you can't as they were all spot on, because the NWS knows what it's doing and I shared their info.

The sadness is that you have it in you to argue with an internet stranger about the fn weather. Repeatedly too.
Who cares? Dude's gonna post weather updates. Been doing it for years. FO or just dont read if triggers you that much. And that Bob, is a law bomb from Bob Loblaw

lol, I'm actually trying to help you see how distorted your perception is. Let's just take one simple element of what you just said above, where you said, "I never said you fear Mother Nature." True? Ok, then how do you square that with this quote from a couple of posts ago from you: "I guess you lived a very sheltered life protected and made to fear not respect Mother Nature." You contradict yourself all the time and don't even recognize it or just choose to ignore it. Until you actually start reading and thinking, you'll continue to make a mess of things.

And just for giggles, please show your work regarding what I was wrong on with my posts on expected rainfall, flooding, winds or anything else. Hint - you can't as they were all spot on, because the NWS knows what it's doing and I shared their info.
How much rain is Fri bringing in? Not sure my water table/sump can handle another 3 inches

Posted about it this morning in this thread, but basically, it's a somewhat weaker version of yesterday's storm as this will also be a storm tracking through the midwest, well to our west, bringing in warm air, rain and winds on southerly flow (i.e., not a nor'easter at all). Rainfall is expected to be in the 1-2" range with the higher amounts N of 195, which given the already full streams/rivers, will be enough to bring these rivers back to minor to moderate flood stage and probably even major flooding in the Passaic River basin again. Coastal flooding, including up the tidal Delaware and Hudson is also a concern as is minor coastal flooding on the Atlantic coast. Winds will be a bit less than yesterday with 40-50 mph gusts inland and 50-60 mph gusts at the coast. Good powerpoint briefing from the NWS in the link below.

I don't think this needs a new thread, as it can be continued in this one, as it's likely to generate a lot less traffic, but others may disagree. I'm much more interested in the much colder weather starting Saturday and the possible snow on Tuesday...

https://www.weather.gov/media/phi/current_briefing.pdf
Tuesday still tending snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT