ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Round 2 Rainstorm 1/12 (not as bad as round 1); Rainstorm 1/9-10 - Major Urban/Stream Flooding, High Winds and Coastal Flooding Likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we all know mildone is a master baiter with a short stroke 😜
Unless you're a woman I've been with, which I suppose you might be, I have no way of knowing, then that's not something you could know. You know?

No it won't but at least the river forecasts are for only minor flooding this time for the Raritan Basin waterways in CNJ. The only river still forecast for major flooding is the Passaic at Little Falls and Pine Brook. The tidal Delaware is still forecast to hit moderate flooding in a few spots, but other than that river flooding looks to be minor in most locations in PA, NJ, and NY. There are forecasts for moderate coastal flooding with Saturday morning's high tide in Barnegat and on LI.

0Hr5e4K.png
In your final sentence, do you mean LI, as you write, or LBI? I'm wondering it if might be the latter because you refer to Barnegat just before.

Quit jerking me around. Can we get back to the weather?
Very little change since yesterday - posts are on last page with details, but briefly, "only" 3/4-1.5" of rain is forecast for Friday night into Sat early am (locally up to 2" N of 78), meaning that the river flooding threat is less than on Tuesday, with the Raritan Basin rivers/streams only expecting minor flooding, but the Passaic still expecting major flooding again (or ongoing), plus some moderate tidal flooding on the Delaware/Hudson rivers and mostly minor coastal flooding for the coast. Wind warnings are up for the coast for 50-60 mph gusts and advisories are up for 40-50 mph gusts inland - note that these are most likely after midnight when the front comes through, i.e., not the whole night - with saturated soils this will likely lead to more scattered power outages. So, a strong storm, but a decent amount less rainy and a little bit less windy than Tuesday's storm.

Don't get mad just because there's some baiting happening in this thread!
I take way too much joy in what I know full well is preadolescent humor. Just one among many of my flaws. 🙂

To channel my inner Schiano, I’m a work in progress. One day my maturity will be good enough to beat other’s immaturity.

Just not today.

• Haha
Reactions: RUChoppin
The rain (at least currently) is less intense than Tuesday's storm. And winds are noticeably lighter too. Let's hope it holds.

Thankfully this storm underperformed with rain totals much lower then the highs predicted. In Philly .75inch instead of the high end of 1.5 inch. This area all was supposed to get at least an inch and none did. No disappointment here.

Reactions: rurichdog
Didn’t seem to pan out. Maybe a 1/2 inch of rain in So. Bruns.

Pretty good tidal flooding. Overperformed the projection from last night when Minor was predicted. Definitely low to middle Moderate.

No worries here.

That wind while not long term was pretty robust.

Reactions: bac2therac
Manasquan just sent out a Coastal Flood Warning....1+ hour AFTER High Tide.

Way to be on top of things lol.

Of course anyone who lives here knows the drill but...

Reactions: WhiteBus
Got just a hair over an inch up here. Looks like flooding's going to be less than they predicted.

Reactions: knightfan7
Temperature's falling quickly, down 6 degrees in the last hour and a half.

Thankfully this storm underperformed with rain totals much lower then the highs predicted. In Philly .75inch instead of the high end of 1.5 inch. This area all was supposed to get at least an inch and none did. No disappointment here.

An underperforming storm with a thread on the RU FB board. Say it ain't so!

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
Crazy today went my daughters B ball games at bergen tech across from teterboro airport. Went there not a problem coming back river overflow drove thru a couple hundred yds of water 1-2ft deep on Rt 17. Flooded both sides
Genius authorities did not move into close until we went thru

No I posted a PRFESSIONAL forecast. And the results are the same or more accurate then your personal circle jerks.
You said you forecasted it and you posted it a day after I posted about the threat, but thanks for joining in with the folks who add nothing of value to the weather threads.

You said you forecasted it and you posted it a day after I posted about the threat, but thanks for joining in with the folks who add nothing of value to the weather threads.

Yeah that Accuweather post contained no value. But you "forecasting" by posting images from other sources and NWS and other web site forecast information is somehow a value added. LOL. The ego on you.

Your only original contribution is cheering for snow.

I'll stick to links to Pros so folks can see where the info comes from. You keep reposting NWS alerts verbatim and other's graphics as your own forecast. LOL

Weird flex. So you're saying you got it wrong first?

Yeah that Accuweather post contained no value. But you "forecasting" by posting images from other sources and NWS and other web site forecast information is somehow a value added. LOL. The ego on you.

Your only original contribution is cheering for snow.

I'll stick to links to Pros so folks can see where the info comes from. You keep reposting NWS alerts verbatim and other's graphics as your own forecast. LOL
You must be high, truly. I've always said I almost never make forecasts, as I'm not qualified to make them, plus I always cite the NWS and many other expert sources, plus I do often add meteorological/scientific explanations for the forecasts that are made - and answer a ton of questions from other posters. Why do you think so many posters come to my defense when trolls like you and others make these childish posts? Because quite a few posters see the value and appreciate the effort. I don't really give a shit if you don't.

I also never said that the AccuWeather info had no value. You were the one that said you forecasted the squall, not me, so I made fun of that, because clearly you didn't make a forecast.

Americanweather.com. New York Metro will tell you anything you need to know which is your expert source

You must be high, truly. I've always said I almost never make forecasts, as I'm not qualified to make them, plus I always cite the NWS and many other expert sources, plus I do often add meteorological/scientific explanations for the forecasts that are made - and answer a ton of questions from other posters. Why do you think so many posters come to my defense when trolls like you and others make these childish posts? Because quite a few posters see the value and appreciate the effort. I don't really give a shit if you don't.

I also never said that the AccuWeather info had no value. You were the one that said you forecasted the squall, not me, so I made fun of that, because clearly you didn't make a forecast.
Lol. Christ you're tedious. Pick a stance. Stop trying to be important and at the same time innocent.

One link to AccuWeather is all anyone here needs. Except your ego.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Lol. Christ you're tedious. Pick a stance. Stop trying to be important and at the same time innocent.

One link to AccuWeather is all anyone here needs. Except your ego.
May I suggest that if you don't like his weather threads, the best thing to do would be to ignore them rather than for you two to give yourselves agita responding back and forth? Best wishes for the New Year to you and @MrsScrew!

Reactions: Knight Shift
Now Eastern Monmouth is getting a "Dangerous Snow Squall" warning with 50 mph wind gusts for early afternoon.

What a freekin week.
I was riding my mountain bike in the Allaire Woods when I got that alert on my phone, damn thing interrupted my music and flow. Wouldn't call it a squall, but about 20 minutes later there was a burst of snow a moderate wind gusts that lasted about 5 mins. It was fun.
Thought I saw @RU848789 at the disc golf course in Allaire collecting snowflakes to bring back home. 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT