ADVERTISEMENT

Conspicuous By Their Absence

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
The absence of so many of our habitual negative posters this week is just an extra added benefit of the team's success. The ones who think other coaches walk on water, or said that when Greg came back things weren't that bad but his hire was like adding jet fuel to a small fire or said that the team would be a only good enough to be in "pick 'em" games against most FCS schools. Or that this team with it's archaic offense would only win one or two games. Or how GS is always looking to punt (RU is 12/17 on 4th down. 70.6% conversion rate is 18th in the country).
I look forward to continued RU football success and their hiding back in their holes until something goes wrong. Makes this board much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
The absence of so many of our habitual negative posters this week is just an extra added benefit of the team's success. The ones who think other coaches walk on water, or said that when Greg came back things weren't that bad but his hire was like adding jet fuel to a small fire or said that the team would be a only good enough to be in "pick 'em" games against most FCS schools. Or that this team with it's archaic offense would only win one or two games. or how GS is always looking to punt (RU is 12/17 on 4th down. 70.6% conversion rate is 18th in the country).
I look forward to continued RU football success and their hiding back in their holes until something goes wrong. Makes this board much more enjoyable.
Amen.

I'm still here, just tired of fighting. We all want to win so I'm just letting what happens, happen while cheering for our team.
There's a huge difference between someone who might not like the game day coaching or the offensive style and didn't want to see GS back and want to debate that and the posters who have said that GS "has been stealing money from day one" and is a con man and a charlatan. It's the guys who make these absurd statements, like I cited in the OP, that I have no use for and I've put them on ignore.

I think a big reason many negative posters (and positive ones for that matter) are quiet this week is cause it’s a bye week…

Colbert posts are always enjoyable. This is NOT an easy business. Just ask Texas A&M or Miami.

Reactions: Jimpeg
These so called posters almost 100% dwell in negatives especially up to this season. As we won the 4-5-6 th games it has become a pleasure to see a much more optimistic outlook after a long period of bad football. Their next phase has already begun telling others on the board only if we do it again next season. Enjoy this year next season is far off.

Ohhhhhh there's at least 1 full-blown psychopath lurking around (made his presence "felt" in a thread on this board yesterday, actually...) BUT it is funny how quiet the some posters get when things are going well. No doubt.

I think a big reason many negative posters (and positive ones for that matter) are quiet this week is cause it’s a bye week…
Disagree. This would just give them more of an opportunity to expose their ignorance! There is just nothing for them to bitch about. Coach has taken them behind the barn and given them a good old fashioned whooping! 6-2 has a way of doing that.

They say something like, who have we beaten? Fair enough. But look at our 2 losses. At Michigan and at Wisconsin. We have zero bad losses. None of remaining games would be bad losses. Pull an upset, get to 7-5, and it has been a major step forward. Not that hard to comprehend. I will enjoy the bowl!

I am not a big poster, but I am definitely a negatoid fan. (Oddly enough, the one exception is that I am all in positive on Wimsatt. He will be McNabb in two years)

All my family hears is recruiting not good enough, WR room is awful, coaches wasting Wimsatt, OL problems, time management, blah, blah, blah.

Why less negatoids posting and why my house has been quiet - we are at peace. 6 wins before November, warmer this week, strangers saying hello to me when walking down main street, and all the deer on my property look like unicorns.

But if we end the year at 6-6, we'll be back in full force.

Reactions: thegock
Ohhhhhh there's at least 1 full-blown psychopath lurking around (made his presence "felt" in a thread on this board yesterday, actually...) BUT it is funny how quiet the some posters get when things are going well. No doubt.
Could it be the guy that repeats the "who have we beaten" but then also comes back with- don't give us credit for being better then those teams because we havent passed them by, they are all just having a bad year???

Playing both sides of the negative stick lol

I think it has a lot more to do with our record. If we were 3-5 going into this bye week, they'd be in full voice right now.

Pearl Shell GIF by PV

Cartoon Smile GIF by Boss Beez Universe

What if….and what if we go 7-5 ? Or the world ends today . Enjoy where we are in this moment or as the team seems to understand…live in the moment.

Could it be the guy that repeats the "who have we beaten" but then also comes back with- don't give us credit for being better then those teams because we havent passed them by, they are all just having a bad year???

Playing both sides of the negative stick lol
No...the guy who has close to 140 monikers now...stalks me and Spank. It was funny...util it wasn't....now it's just creepy and full-blown obsessive.

No...the guy who has close to 140 monikers now...stalks me and Spank. It was funny...util it wasn't....now it's just creepy and full-blown obsessive.
The thing that's crazy about it, among many things, is the time it must take to keep coming up with new board handles, chase you guys down and argue with you. I mean, isn't there a community volunteer opportunity out there somewhere for this guy?

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Serious question....I am neither polyana or negatoid. I am a realist. I see the good and the bad. We are better, but not close to being great team yet. I like Wimsatt more than most, but like our c hances of winning another game less than many. Schiano has been good, but not great, and definitely not a savior (at least not yet, but there's hope). Where do people like me fit in? Am I the only one?

The thing that's crazy about it, among many things, is the time it must take to keep coming up with new board handles, chase you guys down and argue with you. I mean, isn't there a community volunteer opportunity out there somewhere for this guy?
I'm with you...I would've been done after changing my moniker just once....simply NOT worth any of this IMHO.

Serious question....I am neither polyana or negatoid. I am a realist. I see the good and the bad. We are better, but not close to being great team yet. I like Wimsatt more than most, but like our c hances of winning another game less than many. Schiano has been good, but not great, and definitely not a savior (at least not yet, but there's hope). Where do people like me fit in? Am I the only one?

I’d fit in your category.

There's a huge difference between someone who might not like the game day coaching or the offensive style and didn't want to see GS back and want to debate that and the posters who have said that GS "has been stealing money from day one" and is a con man and a charlatan. It's the guys who make these absurd statements, like I cited in the OP, that I have no use for and I've put them on ignore.
agree

my thoughts on him are well known but he's not stealing

he's overpaid for results but he's not stealing

:)

great week for a bye week for us. Gives Greg (who with time does a great job with D) time to really plan for those bastards from ohio

These types of people do this because in their feeble minds they can't lose. Either they're right and schiano is a bad coach and we stink (and out comes the "I told you sos" and the "Greg will make us beg" idiots) or we are good and we win.

It's a sign of being an insecure weirdo.

I'm not too far off but Greg has won me over a little with the team this year. Even if we had lost a game or two that we won- the team just has a different feel to it and it seems very sustainable. Prior to this year- I had exactly the opposite feel from the team.

Hey did the guy/gal who could not access BTN …did anyone help this classy poster out?

Nobody has said we have become a great team in 2023. What we actually have become is a team who appears to be fulfilling Schiano’s vision. Do we see the potential …yes it is there. Is Schiano great ? Won’t say great but he is certainly a different guy than first tour. Many people actually realize he was the correct choice.If he wins for the next 4-5 years does that make him a good/ slash very good…I would settle for a Ferentz type today.

Reactions: newell138
Nobody has said we have become a great team in 2023. What we actually have become is a team who appears to be fulfilling Schiano’s vision. Do we see the potential …yes it is there. Is Schiano great ? Won’t say great but he is certainly a different guy than first tour. Many people actually realize he was the correct choice.If he wins for the next 4-5 years does that make him a good/ slash very good…I would settle for a Ferentz type today.
This has been the argument- some of us are trying to say that Greg has moved the needle from bad to decent. And that we see a path that could bring us to at least good. No one is saying we are a great team in 2023 but we are seeing real building blocks. The negative posters just won't even allow for this.

it's also "funny" though how quiet some of Schiano's biggest fans got when the team was horrible last year and will probably get if the team limps through the rest of the season. The easy part of the schedule is over.

Reactions: Pinstripe111323
it's also "funny" though how quiet some of Schiano's biggest fans got when the team was horrible last year and will probably get if the team limps through the rest of the season. The easy part of the schedule is over.
So now you want to be a history teacher? Stick with current events the team is 6-2 and bowl eligible. You were wrong and the rest of the road is all gravy!

I am not a big poster, but I am definitely a negatoid fan. (Oddly enough, the one exception is that I am all in positive on Wimsatt. He will be McNabb in two years)

All my family hears is recruiting not good enough, WR room is awful, coaches wasting Wimsatt, OL problems, time management, blah, blah, blah.

Why less negatoids posting and why my house has been quiet - we are at peace. 6 wins before November, warmer this week, strangers saying hello to me when walking down main street, and all the deer on my property look like unicorns.

But if we end the year at 6-6, we'll be back in full force.
I don't like this post, but at least it was funny -

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT