ADVERTISEMENT

Conspicuous By Their Absence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if facts bother you.
you know, making a bowl means mission accomplished for some like him, patk89, and many others. What is it now, half the teams make a bowl game and some don't even have winning records? So people are ok being mediocre? I have said it many times, until RU fans demand more, mediocre is the ceiling

FYI: he had chances all along to beat better teams, like 11 chances to beat West Virginia, or several chances to beat Cincinnati when Brian Kelly was there. He didn't win.
You are living in the past and only because your BS narrative fails miserably during this season. Will you come back when Schiano and his team goes to the next level . No you can’t and you won’t. FYI….😜

Whatever retard. How many people lost their jobs as you continued to buy the AAA rated product to boost your bonus. You should be ashamed of yourself you imbecile. But but but they were highly rated. Boo hoo hoo you stupid fool.

you know, making a bowl means mission accomplished for some like him, patk89, and many others. What is it now, half the teams make a bowl game and some don't even have winning records? So people are ok being mediocre? I have said it many times, until RU fans demand more, mediocre is the ceiling
I've never seen fans so thrilled by mediocrity. I'm glad the team is better this year but so far it's classic Schiano and I see little reason to believe he'll get much higher unless he proves he can beat teams better than the lower 50%. I've watched him for too many seasons.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Whatever retard. How many people lost their jobs as you continued to buy the AAA rated product to boost your bonus. You should be ashamed of yourself you imbecile. But but but they were highly rated. Boo hoo hoo you stupid fool.
You need to ask yourself what's the point of even bringing up something like that when talking football.

Reactions: Bagarocks
You are living in the past and only because your BS narrative fails miserably during this season. Will you come back when Schiano and his team goes to the next level . No you can’t and you won’t. FYI….😜
so explain last year and the miserable coaching and multitude of failed opportunities? What about the personnel blunders etc?

look, everyone here wants a successful Rutgers but half this board is full on wearing knee pads. Gotta get some realism in here. You guys have a cult like view of Greg, akin to psu with paterno. Greg is our Marty Schottenheimer, his ceiling is not the ceiling you want for a BIG program. He'll be solid, not exceptional, he'll lose more games than he shouldn't and win less games than he should

he WAS the right person to take over but make no mistake, he's not taking us where we want the program to be

I've never seen fans so thrilled by mediocrity. I'm glad the team is better this year but so far it's classic Schiano and I see little reason to believe he'll get much higher unless he proves he can beat teams better than the lower 50%. I've watched him for too many seasons.
Classic schiano as in going to bowl games?

Reactions: thegock
you sir are fking retarded on an epic scale and make zero sense. you make ZERO sense and haven't a clue what you speak of.

it's ok to be dumb, it's ok to be ignorant, it's not ok to be willfully ignorant like you are

What happened happened. They fell behind from the start and trailed by 3 scores most of the game. That's not close. And it's not a victory. He's had chances. He'll get more. We'll see what happens.
That truck driver on I78 had his chance & failed

Are you stupid? Serious question? Thrilled by mediocrity? This is Rutgers football we are talking about. Do you want us to beat Ohio State? A consistent top 5 team? What is your standard for success? Given our resources? Michigan State level? Or do you want us to exceed USC or Greg gets fired? Come on now you fool. Wake the hell up.

Reactions: TRU2RU
You need to ask yourself what's the point of even bringing up something like that when talking football.
he's wrong and he's delusional. just gotta ignore people like that

back on point

we need to beat Iowa or MD, anything less is unacceptable in my eyes. Should have beaten Wisconsin, tired of the losing games we should win. Last year we had 3 of them!

you sir are fking retarded on an epic scale and make zero sense. you make ZERO sense and haven't a clue what you speak of.

it's ok to be dumb, it's ok to be ignorant, it's not ok to be willfully ignorant like you are
giphy.gif

Reactions: RUBB86 and patk89

Answer the question, how many jobs did you crater due to your lack of understanding of the mortgage backed product? Where you not fired for it? They were triple As. I didn't have to do anything. The Germans just cut me a check. Fool that you are.

Just to be clear if we win one more game this year, you'd say thats a successful season. So 7 wins is a success but 6 wins is a failure in your eyes?
Guy's a turd and has always been one. Not very bright. Was grossly overpaid and failed. Never played a down and doesn't understand the game. Big mouth on a small lil boy.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I think you’re being too hard on Schiano. The second go around for Schiano, I see less penalties and off sides meaning better discipline and more scoring in the red zone. It‘s probably due to his coordinators but it’s better. I think the offense is hindered by the QB skills which has always been the case. Offensive recruits, or the better ones, don’t want to gamble on a team known for its running. We were getting better offensive players at the end of Schiano first stay and we will continue to get better recruits as we become more competitive. One exceptional QB can bring the team to the next level, look at Maryland or even Pittsburgh when they had Pickett. We’re not that far from being good.

I'm counting 64 teams with ABOVE .500 records having earned bowl bids last season. That's out of 80 total bowl teams (including playoffs). That's 80%. Nice try buddy.

Reactions: thegock
Are you stupid? Serious question? Thrilled by mediocrity? This is Rutgers football we are talking about. Do you want us to beat Ohio State? A consistent top 5 team? What is your standard for success? Given our resources? Michigan State level? Or do you want us to exceed USC or Greg gets fired? Come on now you fool. Wake the hell up.
Do you do anything but launch tantrums of childish personal attacks?

Nothing like a "new" poster "liking" all the comments from posters who disagree with someone the "new" poster doesn't, well, "like."

Sooooo easy to pick out a lunatic.

We are not thrilled by mediocrity. We are happy with the improvement shown and competitiveness vs previous 3+ years. Previous years Virginia Tech, MSU and possibly Indiana would have been losses.

Without name calling...As I have said this week many times. I have not been happy with GS 2.0 and had a very love hate with him during 1.0

I was giving him this year to prove something to me as his first 3 years back kindof sucked. I give him a little leeway due to covid and the Ash mess. But still- I was ready to shake his hand, thank him for getting the program back to respect but don't let the door hit you on the ass as we find a guy that can actually make it happen on the field.

What I see this year has been night and day over each of the previous 2.0 years. And very much reminds me of 2005. A big part of that is also his coaching staff which has been great.

but for some- the team was horrible-bad last year. The team turned a huge corner this year and you can even just see the difference. No one is saying 2023 is a GREAT year on a national scale. But, it has been a GREAT year in our journey. Why cant some of you see the step we just took and enjoy it?

Now this seems like just stupid message board nonsense on a bye week.
Let’s start pre season not thinking we would have any offense and the coaches were mediocre. Everyone , including the clueless, must admit that this coaching staff, leave Greg alone for a minute , Kirk , Flats , Brock , Adams , Joe H, Corey H, Lascari , and Orphey have done an outstanding job with their individual units. The defensive line is badly missing Watson and it is showing but this is without a doubt the best staff Greg has ever had on the banks. Coaching has gotten us to 6-2.

Now most unbiased publications have us about the 47th ranked team in the country ( The Athletic guy ranking 1-133 weekly ) and that is probably about right. Maybe as high as 40 and as low as 50. That is a whole jump from last year and now for the first time since 2014 , Rutgers football is not coupled with a bad joke but the media refers to in a positive manner with Big 10 and national accolades to boot. We are not a top 25 team but we are not that far off at about 40.

Now back to Greg , his staples of defense and special teams , are on full display now ( Must admit until the last 2 weeks , I was wondering when the punt blocks and special team touchdowns were coming , but they are finally here ). We have a top 10-15 defense in the country , they are disciplined , hit hard , tackle well , have few breakdowns ( except 6 in the Michigan game ) and close to the top in tackling as well as stop rate. We are a formidable test for any team and that includes Ohio State, Penn State and Maryland. Special teams have now set the bar and punt blocks are back in play and our Kickoffs are out of the end zone and Patel has been really solid. With the exception of punt return or kick off return( not as important because it hardly happens) , we are in the top 20 in the country .
Greg has gone for it on 4th down (12-17 times so he is definitely different than before. The team has less penalties and less pre snap penalties which leads one to conclude they are disciplined and Greg gets the credit there as the head coach but more importantly he has left Kirk and Flats alone to establish a functional offense without too much meddling that he did way too much in 1.0. He named Gavin the starter and allowed Kirk to develop him without wavering and without the prior bullshit of yanking the QB drive by drive . That is growth from him as well.
Yes, the teams we have beat are not world beaters but 4 of the wins have been by 3 TDS, ((NW, Temple , VaTech , Indiana ) and all ending up being comfortable wins. Plus , somehow he kept his team’s head in the game down 24-6 in the fourth quarter and came back to beat MSU comfortably 27-24 ( I say comfortably because we caused the 3 and out and held the ball for the last 7 minutes of the 4th quarter, and probably would have scored another TD, in one of the more dominant 4th quarters in our history ) . Greg gets some credit for MSU along with the players.

Michigan and Wisconsin were losses but the final scores were not indicative of how close those games were and I would argue our tremendous OC had 2 brain farts and called 2 of the worst possible calls that changed the momentum for sure and maybe the outcome of those games. Some of the skeptics , you know who you are , said “ Wisconsin would blow us out “. Well that didn’t happen even on a day Gavin had his worst day of the year.

So overall , no need to crown Greg yet , but definitely time to give him huge props for his coaching staff and his getting us to 6-2 by October 21. Plus although there is a chance we could go 0-4 , I for one thinks that is highly unlikely with this team that is getting better every week and actually thinks we have a shot to win in 2 of the games for sure and quite competitive in the other 2. None of us was saying that before the season.

It means it would have been 17-9 or 17-13 going into the end of the game, not 24-6.
you can't forget the bogus PI on Melton that gave them their first 3. should have been either 7-3 or 7-7 going into half. But at worse 10-3 or 10-7 going into half- not 17 - 0

And I say that with complete acknowledgement that they earned the pick 6. But, they were not outplaying us to that point to a tune of 17-0

The absence of so many of our habitual negative posters this week is just an extra added benefit of the team's success. The ones who think other coaches walk on water, or said that when Greg came back things weren't that bad but his hire was like adding jet fuel to a small fire or said that the team would be a only good enough to be in "pick 'em" games against most FCS schools. Or that this team with it's archaic offense would only win one or two games. Or how GS is always looking to punt (RU is 12/17 on 4th down. 70.6% conversion rate is 18th in the country).
I look forward to continued RU football success and their hiding back in their holes until something goes wrong. Makes this board much more enjoyable.
Now we have a worthwhile bye-week thread. Of course, you just invited them to this thread.

This is why we saw a spike in negative posts by the haters in the preseason. Then again during games where we trailed.. win or lose. And another spike just before we'd go on to win the 6th... that was a last gasp of the haters until they get another invitation.

The story about extending Schiano got some to bite. They will now come and predict an embarrassing loss to OSU.. people selling seats to OSU.. people not in seats at kickoff... and if we trail.. then the next wave will be after whatever bowl we are named to.. how we'll lose money.. how we'll lose... etc.

Reactions: colbert17
It means it would have been 17-9 or 17-13 going into the end of the game, not 24-6.
You have to look at the flow of the game, momentum, etc. I know you are going "if my ma had a dick, she'd be my pa" on me here and I get that. But it's a message board and we're just talking sports here.

Reactions: Pinstripe111323
Good one boomer.

Seriously maybe increase your Prozac dosage? Chin up 🤣🤣
Not a boomer. "Fly high, lesbian seagull..." You're the precious snowflake who seems to need Prozac since you're so easily brought down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT