ADVERTISEMENT

Conspicuous By Their Absence

Status
Not open for further replies.
1200x1200bb.jpg
You guys identify as clouds now?

whatevs..

What about "Boomer (or old) is not an insult" that you do not understand? Can you have your mommy or therapist or community organizer explain it to you?

Last edited:
We are 6-2 and have a bye week to prepare for one of the best teams in NCAA. I’m hoping we show a pulse and not get the usual 30+ point beating and give a competitive showing. It’s all going to depend on how well we can run the ball and use the clock, can we keep our D off the field? If we can than who knows, maybe we surprise. There is always a chance and having an extra week to prepare can’t hurt.
If we truly pack the stadium and give our team a true homefield advantage, they can win! All of us need to be engaged and LOUD AF on OSU gameday! Go RU!

As many have pointed out to you, one pick was the difference maker. The fact that you cannot accept that makes you an ASSCLOWN!
2 points on this for the clowns...
1) your point is number 1...This was a very close game. Closer than even the score. And a 17-0 score going into halftime changed the way we play the 2nd half too. But that wasnt because Wisc was dominating us.
2) the fact that we are now at a level where we can say- we could have or should have beaten Wisconsin should tell these clowns all they need to know and the step forward we have taken this year. - now, their new mantra is that it is a failure unless we beat one of PSU/OSU/Iowa...

1) your point is number 1...This was a very close game. Closer than even the score. And a 17-0 score going into halftime changed the way we play the 2nd half too. But that wasnt because Wisc was dominating us.
2) the fact that we are now at a level where we can say- we could have or should have beaten Wisconsin should tell these clowns all they need to know and the step forward we have taken this year. - now, their new mantra is that it is a failure unless we beat one of PSU/OSU/Iowa...
always moving the goal posts.

always moving the goal posts.
Imagine if we do lose to OSU with a score something like 27-14...you know they will be telling us we shouldn't be happy with a moral victory- wee need to beat OSU if we want to be a success. And then, we find a way to beat PSU but they had lost to Michigan the week before- you know damn well, they will tell us that PSU is on a down year because they would have lost to both OSU and Michigan...lol

They'll "interpret" it however it will most enhance their negativity.
I think VT looks to have gotten their $hit together and that sarah was a paper tiger! Best part about sarah losing is they had a thread on what week they'd be top 10 hahahahahahahahahahaha

Fair enough...then list ALL "upsets" by P5 teams (PREDICTED TO WIN 3.5 GAMES PRIOR TO THE SEASON( vs other P5 teams, this season.
I am not going to waste all my time listing all the upsets by preseason predictions which are usually total garbage anyway. I will stick to B1G games in the last two weeks, since I believe that is the conference we belong to, not sure, but I believe that is the case, so, in that light how about Minny upsetting Iowa last week and Illinois beating Maryland the week before. Now please tell me again why Greg Schiano in year 4 of a rebuild shouldn't be held accountable to beating one, yes, just one, team with a winning record. If Illinois can beat Maryland, why again shouldn't we, oh that's right, Illinois has the facilities and NIL money to match up with Maryland, right? I think you should do some research on that fact and come back and educate us all.

I am not going to waste all my time listing all the upsets by preseason predictions which are usually total garbage anyway. I will stick to B1G games in the last two weeks, since I believe that is the conference we belong to, not sure, but I believe that is the case, so, in that light how about Minny upsetting Iowa last week and Illinois beating Maryland the week before. Now please tell me again why Greg Schiano in year 4 of a rebuild shouldn't be held accountable to beating one, yes, just one, team with a winning record. If Illinois can beat Maryland, why again shouldn't we, oh that's right, Illinois has the facilities and NIL money to match up with Maryland, right? I think you should do some research on that fact and come back and educate us all.
stop making sense and blowing the narrative

Reactions: Pinstripe111323
Imagine if we do lose to OSU with a score something like 27-14...you know they will be telling us we shouldn't be happy with a moral victory- wee need to beat OSU if we want to be a success. And then, we find a way to beat PSU but they had lost to Michigan the week before- you know damn well, they will tell us that PSU is on a down year because they would have lost to both OSU and Michigan...lol
Yes.. it is typical whack-a-mole crap. Everything on the offensive side is better than last year but there's still room to attack it.. so they do.

Imagine if they were Colorado "fans"... Offense goes nuts.. but defense is an option component. Colorado is in much better shape than past years but may not even make a bowl game. If they got the same treatment from their fans that these Rutgers "fans" give Rutgers they'd be tarred and feathered and run outta town on a rail (I'm sure only "boomers" understand that saying).

Yes.. it is typical whack-a-mole crap. Everything on the offensive side is better than last year but there's still room to attack it.. so they do.

Imagine if they were Colorado "fans"... Offense goes nuts.. but defense is an option component. Colorado is in much better shape than past years but may not even make a bowl game. If they got the same treatment from their fans that these Rutgers "fans" give Rutgers they'd be tarred and feathered and run outta town on a rail (I'm sure only "boomers" understand that saying).
you guys are utterly ridiculous in your own vacuum with respects to expectations. Surprised at you Good, you used to be one of the more level headed and intelligent posters.

all I know is I wish you guys were doing my reviews!

WOW a whopping 2 “upsets” as such so far in conference play…1 in a HUGE rivalry game with Iowa no longer having QBI, TE1 (stud) and TE2 (in an O that uses the TE extensively)….

Also I never said he shouldn’t win 1 of those games but, AGAIN, we still have 4 to play.

(and discounting preseason expectations, sorry, if you want to play that way fine, but that’s kind of lame if you ask me…)

Hope that helps.

*** also let’s not go making excuses for Iowa or Maryland should we beat 1 or both. Fair?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
... Illinois has the facilities and NIL money to match up with Maryland, right? I think you should do some research on that fact and come back and educate us all.
Illinois got full shares of Big Ten money for years. Maryland is paying back their loans.. like Rutgers.

Illinois is profitable and is number 24 in athletic budget
Rutgers and Maryland are not and sit at numbers 42 and 43.

coaches salaries..
  • Bret Bielema, Illinois: $6,500,000
  • Mike Locksley, Maryland: $5,500,000
  • Greg Schiano, Rutgers: $4,000,000
Any other facts you want to pretend do not exist in order to make your negative points? How about YOU do YOUR research before posting crap next time?

stop making sense and blowing the narrative
on the other hand- our losses were only to division leaders with a combined 13-2/8-1(conference) and neither of them embarrassed us.
We have given Michigan their toughest game and the Wisc game could have gone either way.

and again- no one is saying that Rutgers has stepped into greatness or that the program is where we hoped it would be and it better not become acceptable in future years. That is the NEXT step in our progress. We went from shit to a bowl and beating teams we should beat. NEXT step is to win games we are not favored it.
If we end up 6-6 with a bowl and OSU/PSU/Iowa?Maryland do not embarrass us...can it be agreed we made a big step this year and raises our expectations going forward.

And if we happen to win one of those games and get to 7- do these fans then say we crossed into a good spot or will they find the next thing we havent done?

WOW a whopping 2 “upsets” as such so far in conference play…1 in a HUGE rivalry game with Iowa no longer having QBI, TE1 (stud) and TE2 (in an O that uses the TE extensively)….

Also I never said he shouldn’t win 1 of those games but, AGAIN, we still have 4 to play.

(and discounting preseason expectations, sorry, if you want to play that way fine, but that’s kind of lame if you ask me…)

Hope that helps.

*** also let’s not go making excuses for Iowa or Maryland should we beat 1 or both. Fair?
That is two within our conference in the last 2 weeks, how many games are played withing our conference each week? mmm, interesting.

on the other hand- our losses were only to division leaders with a combined 13-2/8-1(conference) and neither of them embarrassed us.
We have given Michigan their toughest game and the Wisc game could have gone either way.

and again- no one is saying that Rutgers has stepped into greatness or that the program is where we hoped it would be and it better not become acceptable in future years. That is the NEXT step in our progress. We went from shit to a bowl and beating teams we should beat. NEXT step is to win games we are not favored it.
If we end up 6-6 with a bowl and OSU/PSU/Iowa?Maryland do not embarrass us...can it be agreed we made a big step this year and raises our expectations going forward.

And if we happen to win one of those games and get to 7- do these fans then say we crossed into a good spot or will they find the next thing we havent done?

agree with all the above.

not going to dream of beating OSU or Boy-Raper U but keeping the games competitive would be a sign of solid progress.

Obviously keeping it close in the Iowa and Turtle games is imperative to show progress. but beating one of those teams would really be great. beating both (and getting to 8 wins) would be a dream season (considering where we were just last year). likely? absolutely not. possible? yes.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Illinois got full shares of Big Ten money for years. Maryland is paying back their loans.. like Rutgers.

Illinois is profitable and is number 24 in athletic budget
Rutgers and Maryland are not and sit at numbers 42 and 43.

coaches salaries..
  • Bret Bielema, Illinois: $6,500,000
  • Mike Locksley, Maryland: $5,500,000
  • Greg Schiano, Rutgers: $4,000,000
Any other facts you want to pretend do not exist in order to make your negative points? How about YOU do YOUR research before posting crap next time?
Oh, now I understand, Greg is holding out on us, he will not allow his team to beat a winning team until he is paid more money, not that makes perfect sense given who we are talking about. Thank you so much for enlightening me on that fact!

Oh, now I understand, Greg is holding out on us, he will not allow his team to beat a winning team until he is paid more money, not that makes perfect sense given who we are talking about. Thank you so much for enlightening me on that fact!
stop, you can't rationalize with these people any longer. CFB is litered with schools that have far less resources and talent beating better teams but for some reason, Greg always gets the pass

I think the team can beat Iowa but only if KC is allowed to coach like KC. Gotta jump out early and be aggressive

you know, making a bowl means mission accomplished for some like him, patk89, and many others. What is it now, half the teams make a bowl game and some don't even have winning records? So people are ok being mediocre? I have said it many times, until RU fans demand more, mediocre is the ceiling

By what metric do we deserve more? We are last in the B1G and one of the worst in P5 in athletic department donations. We are one of the only P5 schools I am aware of that needed the State to fund a basketball arena renovation because alums won't/don't step up. Our season ticket base has never been at the level of other B1G schools and I don't believe our television ratings illustrate we have a national following that is being deprived of titles.

The reality is Ash/Flood levels in football and Hill/Jordan levels in basketball is waaayyyy more likely to occur at Rutgers than Schiano/Pikiell levels. You have to go back to the 70's to find a HC in either sport who has the results the two current HCs have achieved. That's 50 years ago!

Until we either get to a place where our alums donate more or through some confluence of events (like hoops is starting to achieve) we generate a greater connection between the State of NJ residents and our football/basketball program we should hang on to competent coaches like Schiano/Pikiell like grim death. Because history has proven the odds of getting much worse are far greater than achieving much better.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
Well- let's eyeball the games that would be semi equivalent to our upcoming OSU-PSU games and see how many upsets happen. I don't have an opinion either way and it may be interesting
Here is my list for this week
Fl St @ WF
Okl @ Kansas
PSU vs Indiana
Georgia @ Fla
Tex @ BYU
ND @ Pitt
USC @ Cal
Tulane @ Rice
Wash @ Stanford
AF @ Col St
Ole Miss @ Vandy
NC @ GaTech
Org St @ Arz

You are teh one who brought up money as if Illinois is at a huge disadvantage to Maryland and still upset them. So, proven wrong yet again, you decide we have to play whack-a-mole... again.

If we had a losing record and beat one team that had a winning record.. you wouldn't use that as a mark of achievement... you'd point to the losing record. But because we have won 6 games.. now the target is whether we beat any team with a winning record.

It is utter nonsense because when we do upset a team with a winning record, you will just move on to.. well, we didn't beat them.. they beat themselves.. or it was the wind.. or they out-gained us on offense 2:1.. you'll find something to hate on. It's what you "fans" do.

Reactions: thegock
A lot of venom in this thread. I really dislike these types of threads. It's just a personal attack and has nothing to do with football. What's the point?

How many posters thought we'd be a pick'em against FCS teams? List those posters(s). What an exaggerated and inflammatory post.

I'm assuming I fall into 1 side but I try to stick to football discussion. I see a lot of posters who just attack.

Are people expecting us to beat in or scare OSU or PSU this year? That's not reasonable. I'm just hoping for some positives out of those games. I think there will be.

It's Iowa and Maryland for me. Beat Iowa and battle Maryland. Iowa has NO offense this year and their QB is terrible. It's a golden opportunity for us. We should be favored against them (I know we won't be).

Iowa was a 3.5 pt favorite over Minnesota at kickoff so that's not exactly a big upset. Maryland was 13.5 pts over Illinois so that's a decent sized upset, although people have said for a few years now that Maryland is pretty up and down.

The COVID year is meaningless because match up strengths were random due to Covid breaks (personnel wasn’t apples to apples for anyone week in and out).
I don’t see how anyone can even debate this.
Go tell that to Alabama 2021 national Champions. See if they think their National Championship is meaningless.

Are people expecting us to beat in or scare OSU or PSU this year? That's not reasonable. I'm just hoping for some positives out of those games. I think there will be.

It's Iowa and Maryland for me. Beat Iowa and battle Maryland. Iowa has NO offense this year and their QB is terrible. It's a golden opportunity for us. We should be favored against them (I know we won't be).
Playing Wisc as close as we did and could have gone either way- and giving Mich their toughest game of the year should also not be a hit on our team either. The results of both of those games are much better then anyone could have expected.

By what metric do we deserve more? We are last in the B1G and one of the worst in P5 in athletic department donations. We are one of the only P5 schools I am aware of that needed the State to fund a basketball arena renovation because alums won't/don't step up. Our season ticket base has never been at the level of other B1G schools and I don't believe our television ratings illustrate we have a national following that is being deprived of titles.

The reality is Ash/Flood levels in football and Hill/Jordan levels in basketball is waaayyyy more likely to occur at Rutgers than Schiano/Pikiell levels. You have to go back to the 70's to find a HC in either sport who has the results the two current HCs have achieved. That's 50 years ago!

Until we either get to a place where our alums donate a lot more money or through some confluence of events (like hoops is starting to achieve) we generate a greater connection between the State of NJ residents and our football/basketball program we should hang on to competent coaches like Schiano/Pikiell like grim death. Because history has proven the odds of getting much worse are far greater than achieving much better.

Just my $0.02
Don't blame the money. Money helps... but it doesn't help everyone equally. Do you think Michigan State fans got value from their donations are that jerkoff coach Tuck? And everything costs so much more here.. our endzone expansion could have funded at least half a new stadium elsewhere. And most of these places did take lots of government money to establish the basis upon which all these big donations are derived.. WINNING. But they did it many decades before Rutgers even considered going "big time". We missed that window.

Bottom line is Rutgers, as a State University, has a very unique history and has unique problems... unique barriers to establishing the kind of support other state U athletics programs get. It has opportunities as well.. but it will take some craftiness and wizardry to cash in.

I think I heard some stuff from GS that might mean he is working on that... said something along the lines of fundraising being of prime importance to him as head coach these days of NIL. If he is successful.. if Rutgers games becomes "events" in the eyes of money people in this area.. the sky is the limit.

And, right now, that is what my message would be in selling Rutgers to prospective Jersey and even NYC businesses who get involved in such things at all. Rutgers has been at a recruiting disadvantage for many decades.. because of history, name recognition.. competition in this area from many name programs... but now, with NIL, there is no limit to how good Rutgers could be. Rutgers could be at teh top of the heap if it can pay for the top talent.. just like the Yankees have done for over a century. You could help make that happen and be there to see it happen.

Well- let's eyeball the games that would be semi equivalent to our upcoming OSU-PSU games and see how many upsets happen. I don't have an opinion either way and it may be interesting
Here is my list for this week
Fl St @ WF
Okl @ Kansas
PSU vs Indiana
Georgia @ Fla
Tex @ BYU
ND @ Pitt
USC @ Cal
Tulane @ Rice
Wash @ Stanford
AF @ Col St
Ole Miss @ Vandy
NC @ GaTech
Org St @ Arz
This list is too long for comparisons to how the OSU-RU game will be perceived by Vegas. I'm expecting to see us getting 17 pts over more. Games I think don't qualify:

Oklahoma is "only" a 9 point favorite over Kansas. Name-wise you may have a point.

Georgia - Florida - huge rivalry and Georgia's top offensive player (Bowers) is out this week. Line is 14.5.

USC @ Cal - 10.5 pt spread and the USC team is kind of unproven. Plus, they are ranked #24, nowhere near the OSU/PSU territory.

Tulane - Rice - 10.5 pt line, and Tulane doesn't have enough history to compare to PSU/OSU.

Air Force - Colorado State - I know the Zoomies are undefeated and favored by 14 but beating an academy at home just isn't going to turn heads.

UNC at GT - 11.5 pt line, strange things happen in night games at Bobby Dodd. UNC just lost to a crappy UVA team. Cristobal's brain fart was the key but GT was able to beat a ranked Miami a few weeks back.

Oregon State at Arizona - the line is OSU -3. This is not a big gambling upset if it happens.

Playing Wisc as close as we did and could have gone either way- and giving Mich their toughest game of the year should also not be a hit on our team either. The results of both of those games are much better then anyone could have expected.
who/what do you think cost us the wisc game?

Especially true of the greatest Schiano hater here. No matter what …he does it because well that’s what spoiled brats do. When we do beat and we will beat one or more he bring up Schiano 20 years past. Actually he already brought up West Virginia…so that speaks volumes about this guy/girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT