ADVERTISEMENT

Conspicuous By Their Absence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a boomer. "Fly high, lesbian seagull..." You're the precious snowflake who seems to need Prozac since you're so easily brought down.
You after we beat the 68th ranked team in Division 1:

rain-chandler.gif

With a loss some people have their eyes rolling back in their heads as they let out a roar
After a medicore win some act like they just won the Rose Bowl.
The place is bipolar.

RU showed some nice effort and the bowl is nice.
Some players showed real growth as season went on an that's key
I knew watching Rice and team in 2005 that they would be coming around nice in 2006.

But RU stil played overipe avocados and beat no winners in 23.
That's okish all things considered but if RU gets beat by OSU 49-7 then nothing has really changed.

As a NYer I find the fixation to posts/posters kind of a NJ thing.
NJ is conflicted over so many things.
North Jersey vs South Jersey; Philly vs NYC; Pork Roll vs Taylor Ham, Yes/No to Central Jersey - really I can't think of another state that gets so wrapped-up in these mini-group conflicts lol

Reactions: Section124
With a loss some people have their eyes rolling back in their heads as they let out a roar
The place is bipolar.

I knew watching Rice and team in 2005 that they would be coming around nice in 2006.

That's okish all things considered but if RU gets beat by OSU 49-7 then nothing has really changed.

North Jersey vs South Jersey; Philly vs NYC; Pork Roll vs Taylor Ham, Yes/No to Central Jersey - really I can't think of another state that gets so wrapped-up in these mini-group conflicts lol
Ha! Like da boroughs don’t bitch at each other and look down on each other! Geez, just look at the NYC fanbases. It’s less about Jersey and more about our own nutty Rutgers board community. No one here really takes the Central Jersey/Pork Roll things seriously.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I’m still living rent free in Colby’s head. I’m not in hiding and I’m happy with the season outcome even if we lose the last 4.

After the MSU game I banned myself from criticizing GS for a week, and after IU I started the Shelby’s Promise thread vowing to refrain from GS bashing until 2024.

The dude needs to get a life and not obsess over my opinions.

Ha! Like da boroughs don’t bitch at each other and look down on each other! Geez, just look at the NYC fanbases. It’s less about Jersey and more about our own nutty Rutgers board community. No one here really takes the Central Jersey/Pork Roll things seriously.
"No one here really takes the Central Jersey/Pork Roll things seriously."
Those arguments are mainly in jest, with each side trash talking for the fun of it

But the trolls and RU FB haters here are not a laughing matter, all they want is to take the fun out of winning and make the program feel like a loser

The funniest thing is that these negatoids actually believe their bitching is what will bring RU to the next level or at least they imply that. Delusional people just looking for attention and by and far worse than our most delusional positive fan.
Man, that has always been the strangest thing. If you’re positive during a build you’re not demanding enough excellence and you’re condemning the program to failure! Really crazy stuff.

You have to look at the flow of the game, momentum, etc. I know you are going "if my ma had a dick, she'd be my pa" on me here and I get that. But it's a message board and we're just talking sports here.

Well if your ma had a dick and was your pa, then your pa ......

But I agree with you, getting down like that on the road really had to be a punch in the gut.

Reactions: RUPete

Well NYC is its own mess.
As for NY state, being a Bufflao fan vs a NY Giants/Jets fan isn't even a thing
More than a few Rutgers fans also want to ding you if you didn't go to RU - no other teams do that really

The place is bipolar.

So TCU's entire season, in 2023, meant "nothing" because they lost to Georgia 65-7. Got it.

LIKE BEATING SOMEONE RANKED HIGHER THAN 68. Bowl games achieved by cleaning up on bad teams mean ALL YOU CAN BEAT ARE BAD TEAMS. Not sure why this is a hard concept for some.
You realize that MOST teams in the 6-8 win range DO NOT beat a whole bunch of great teams, right? My guess is that hey might - MIGHT - have a top 50 win or two. At best.

Reactions: Knight Shift
More than a few Rutgers fans also want to ding you if you didn't go to RU - no other teams do that really

I see you're finally taking a break from wanking to coach prime videos in order to chime in on this thread.

Don’t entertain those posters who only stop here to antagonize. You will be wasting your time trying to have a sensible talk regarding Rutgers and it’s noticeable improvements.

brgRC90 just enjoys being negative. It makes him feel better.
I have never seen so called fans of our team from where they were under Flood and Ash to where we are now, who can find fault with how HCGS is running the program. Is it perfect no, But from where we have come from I think its fantastic where this program is today. GO RU! GO Coach Schiano and coaching staff, and GO my fellow Rutgers fans let's rock the house when we play Ohio State!

I didn't go to Rutgers and not a single person has ever made that a thing...

at least you have a reason in your head why so many really don't like you.

Reactions: TRU2RU
My point stands. Teams that win 6-8 games don't typically do so by beating up on 8+ win teams. I hate to say this, but, "duh." We were EXPECTED to win 3.5 games this season. Enjoy the ride my man!
These guys don't believe that and they don't even believe their own eyes. We only beat crappy teams, but we haven't passed those crappy teams because they must be crappy if we beat them.

They can't look at this team with so few penalties, an OL that is blocking better than their talent, the B1G leading rusher and one of the best D's in the nation.
They say- but we cant beat an undefeated Michigan or OSU.

I didn't go to Rutgers and not a single person has ever made that a thing...

at least you have a reason in your head why so many really don't like you.
These guys don't believe that and they don't even believe their own eyes. We only beat crappy teams, but we haven't passed those crappy teams because they must be crappy if we beat them.

They can't look at this team with so few penalties, an OL that is blocking better than their talent, the B1G leading rusher and one of the best D's in the nation.
Shit, If Rutgers losses to OSU but keeps it within reason, I will call that success

They can't look at this team with so few penalties, an OL that is blocking better than their talent, thsu ke B1G leading rusher and one of the best D's in the nation.

Well losing to a Top 5 team clearly means you suck.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Well losing to a Top 5 team clearly means you suck.
You know- if we lose to them and beat Iowa- it will be because Iowa sucks this year- then we go and lose to PSU in a 20-10 game but beat MD, it is because Maryland sucks and see- we can't beat Mich/OSU/PSU/Wisc

Who cares we beat everyone else and that we were only a 4 win team a year ago

Reactions: TRU2RU

Agreed. Just about every team in the country except a few would have an automatic 3 losses every season playing Michigan…OSU and PSU. In fact the only teams that beat those teams are themselves playing each other. We are beating the teams we need to…how many years has it been since we did that. This team has made progress…passes my eye test.

You say boomer as if it is an insult. Looking around at every generation since, including yours, it is no insult.
definitely not

his generation will go down as the biggest bunch of loser, low iq, scared of everything and unable to cope in the real world generation this country ever had

Reactions: bac2therac
Interesting that one of the teams which we beat that is supposed to be so terrible is absolutely destroying Syracuse (I mean NYC's team) tonight.
c'mon, you're much better than this.

Football is not transitive and anyone suggesting it is is beyond foolish

Sarah losing is a great thing, let's revel in that!

I have never seen so called fans of our team from where they were under Flood and Ash to where we are now, who can find fault with how HCGS is running the program. Is it perfect no, But from where we have come from I think its fantastic where this program is today. GO RU! GO Coach Schiano and coaching staff, and GO my fellow Rutgers fans let's rock the house when we play Ohio State!
Flood did better so your point is kinda moot. lol

Hey @OriginalKnight ! What happened to your post? Did you delete it?
So you finally recognized yourself that you have never made any meaningful contribution to this board so you decided to back away from your most recent insignificant post? Good decision.
p.s. I will give you credit for one thing though. You at least didn't call me a morbid creep this time.

The place is bipolar.

A bowl is "nice" ??

Reactions: TRU2RU and thegock
A former Syracuse coach who I disliked but was extremely successful ( Dick McPherson) once was quoted as saying it's really difficult to win ANY division one game. Some of you guys can't understand that truism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT