ADVERTISEMENT

Conspicuous By Their Absence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tribute I Volunteer GIF
I‘m beginning to think this is a witch hunt.

agree

my thoughts on him are well known but he's not stealing

he's overpaid for results but he's not stealing

:)

great week for a bye week for us. Gives Greg (who with time does a great job with D) time to really plan for those bastards from ohio

He’s currently the lowest paid coach in the conference. He’s 6-2. How can he be underpaid?

it's also "funny" though how quiet some of Schiano's biggest fans got when the team was horrible last year and will probably get if the team limps through the rest of the season. The easy part of the schedule is over.
I am very excited for the rest of the season. Bowl elgible in october, Team getting better game by game. True, some tough competition is coming up but if we can pull and upset win over either OSU or PSU and win against Iowa or MD. I will consider that a very good season.

I think Schiano is on the right path. I was watching some of the video on QB AJ Surace 2024 and Sean Ashenfelder 2025. Both appear to be accurate passers. If Winsatt doesn’t improve by the second half of next year, I hope Schiano gives Surace some playing time. I think his OC will make the decision.

Reactions: Knight Shift
He’s currently the lowest paid coach in the conference. He’s 6-2. How can he be underpaid?
based on results
his payment relative to others isn't important. that's a terrible measuring stick, just ask MSU

Serious question....I am neither polyana or negatoid. I am a realist. I see the good and the bad. We are better, but not close to being great team yet. I like Wimsatt more than most, but like our c hances of winning another game less than many. Schiano has been good, but not great, and definitely not a savior (at least not yet, but there's hope). Where do people like me fit in? Am I the only one?
I've been pretty consistent throughout Greg 1.0 and 2.0 in feeling that you can only go so far with him as head coach. There's no doubt he excels at building a program and developing talent, but between his game day coaching and his style of play, you aren't going to attract the top playmakers, and you are not going to be able to consistently compete with the top teams.

But I am not arguing these points right now. I am enjoying the season and looking forward to being proven wrong.

Reactions: winfield102
I've been pretty consistent throughout Greg 1.0 and 2.0 in feeling that you can only go so far with him as head coach. There's no doubt he excels at building a program and developing talent, but between his game day coaching and his style of play, you aren't going to attract the top playmakers, and you are not going to be able to consistently compete with the top teams.

But I am not arguing these points right now. I am enjoying the season and looking forward to being proven wrong.
this is pretty fair and in my opinion, spot on

I am very excited for the rest of the season. Bowl elgible in october, Team getting better game by game. True, some tough competition is coming up but if we can pull and upset win over either OSU or PSU and win against Iowa or MD. I will consider that a very good season.
I would consider it a very successful season too--IF it happens. Otherwise, to me it's the same Schiano: clean up on weak teams, lost to everyone else.

I would consider it a very successful season too--IF it happens. Otherwise, to me it's the same Schiano: clean up on weak teams, lost to everyone else.
I need to see a game with the big three that is a 3 pointer or the like. We absolutely need to beat Iowa and or MD

Reactions: brgRC90
I need to see a game with the big three that is a 3 pointer or the like. We absolutely need to beat Iowa and or MD
Agreed. We have 5 games left against winning teams, is it too much to ask that we beat one of them before declaring Schiano 2.0 a glorious success in year 4 of this latest rebuild? Only on this board do you get labeled as negative if you point to opponents’ records instead of posting emotionally charged statements based on personal infatuations.

Reactions: Pinstripe111323
I think Schiano is on the right path. I was watching some of the video on QB AJ Surace 2024 and Sean Ashenfelder 2025. Both appear to be accurate passers. If Winsatt doesn’t improve by the second half of next year, I hope Schiano gives Surace some playing time. I think his OC will make the decision.

You forgetting Sheppard?

So now you want to be a history teacher? Stick with current events the team is 6-2 and bowl eligible. You were wrong and the rest of the road is all gravy!
Hey just tell him to stick to trying to purchase BTN… he’s the atypical Schiano hater, negative Rutgers poster who now remains fairly quiet . When will guys - gals like them understand nobody with half a brain listens anymore.

Please stop! These Schedules are made years in advance. Greg had no idea what his out of conference competition was going to look like as well as his in conference competition. He gets what he gets on the day the game is played. His demeanor never changes which is he wants his team to go 1-0 every week. So far he is doing well in all phases of the game. Greg is doing great so far and I just hate the nattering naboobs of negativity which our fanbase seems to have more than its fair share of.

Please stop! These Schedules are made years in advance. Greg had no idea what his out of conference competition was going to look like as well as his in conference competition. He gets what he gets on the day the game is played. His demeanor never changes which is he wants his team to go 1-0 every week. So far he is doing well in all phases of the game. Greg is doing great so far and I just hate the nattering naboobs of negativity which our fanbase seems to have more than its fair share of.

Particularly Va. Tech.

• Love
Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY

Dang- Greg was here in 2015 when we scheduled VaTech and he just knew that they were going to have a down year? Temple was scheduled in 2013 and between 2015-19- many on this board were telling us they passed us by.
And glad that we finally have 3 B1G team to be considered weaker then us.

Reactions: TRU2RU
We are 6-2 and have a bye week to prepare for one of the best teams in NCAA. I’m hoping we show a pulse and not get the usual 30+ point beating and give a competitive showing. It’s all going to depend on how well we can run the ball and use the clock, can we keep our D off the field? If we can than who knows, maybe we surprise. There is always a chance and having an extra week to prepare can’t hurt.

• Love
Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
We are 6-2 and have a bye week to prepare for one of the best teams in NCAA. I’m hoping we show a pulse and not get the usual 30+ point beating and give a competitive showing. It’s all going to depend on how well we can run the ball and use the clock, can we keep our D off the field? If we can than who knows, maybe we surprise. There is always a chance and having an extra week to prepare can’t hurt.
I go in with no expectations of a win. maybe something similar to the OSU/PSU game.

Reactions: RUBOB72
That doesn't make any sense, nobody has accused Greg of manipulating the schedule, as we all know, if he had his way we would never play Temple. Those schedules are made years in advance, but that doesn't mean he didn't have the fortune to play some programs that are currently struggling. Did he take advantage of the struggles of his opponents, you bet, good for him, that is what he is paid to do. He is also paid very well to beat programs that are not currently struggling, indeed winning programs. Now, he failed twice already this year when given that opportunity, let's see if he can win at least one of the next five. Beating one team with a winning record during the course of the season, I am sorry to the Greg fans, it is really not a high or unreasonable bar. A program in the 4th year of a rebuild should be able to beat a winning team.

Agreed. We have 5 games left against winning teams, is it too much to ask that we beat one of them before declaring Schiano 2.0 a glorious success in year 4 of this latest rebuild? Only on this board do you get labeled as negative if you point to opponents’ records instead of posting emotionally charged statements based on personal infatuations.
Haven’t seen any poster claiming Rutgers has arrived at the pinnacle . Is having a positive take on this years games an infatuation? I don’t think so. People understand about not agreeing but now you post claiming positivity is really a fairy tale infatuation for Rutgers fans.

You forgetting Sheppard?

Interesting article

Haven’t seen any poster claiming Rutgers has arrived at the pinnacle . Is having a positive take on this years games an infatuation? I don’t think so. People understand about not agreeing but now you post claiming positivity is really a fairy tale infatuation for Rutgers fans.
Exactly. Also being a fan typically means you have at least a little positive bias of your team. Idk how half of you watch a game with a scowl on your face after coming back to beat MSU in the fourth quarter and conclude "well we've only beaten losing teams so we're not that good" instead of being happy for your team.

Dang- Greg was here in 2015 when we scheduled VaTech and he just knew that they were going to have a down year? Temple was scheduled in 2013 and between 2015-19- many on this board were telling us they passed us by.
And glad that we finally have 3 B1G team to be considered weaker then usus.
FYI: he had chances all along to beat better teams, like 11 chances to beat West Virginia, or several chances to beat Cincinnati when Brian Kelly was there. He didn't win.

He could've beaten Wisconsin this year. They're hardly a juggernaut. He wasn't even close.

So you desire an upset. Almost like you are stupidly insisting on beating either Iowa at their place or Md with a top notch experienced future pro QB at home. Borderline top 25 teams. You seem to lack awareness of college football. Is RU a top 25 team in 2023? No, but we are a top 40 team. What progress. But you are who you are, an imbecile. Keep chirping my little failure of a friend. By the way, buy more more mortgage backed securities and crater your bank again. Great job my little friend. Keep it up! Great job!

It was a 10-14 point swing on one play. We lost by 11
What happened happened. They fell behind from the start and trailed by 3 scores most of the game. That's not close. And it's not a victory. He's had chances. He'll get more. We'll see what happens.

Some will hide a few will try to put the program down
Some are trolls others just dislike something about the program and or expect a championship team with a sears and roebuck budget and think winning is easy even if the program has been , mainly, a constant loser since it went big time.
So even being 6-2 after 8 games isn't good enough finding fault with some of the players and/ir looking at the HC sideways in their attemp to say Rutgers isn't good enough
edit, read post after this and see what I mean 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU and patk89
So you desire an upset. Almost like you are stupidly insisting on beating either Iowa at their place or Md with a top notch experienced future pro QB at home. Borderline top 25 teams. You seem to lack awareness of college football. Is RU a top 25 team in 2023? No, but we are a top 40 team. What progress. But you are who you are, an imbecile. Keep chirping my little failure of a friend. By the way, buy more more mortgage backed securities and crater your bank again. Great job my little friend. Keep it up! Great job!
crater your bank again? wtf are you talking about? are you retarded, delusional, or just a loser who doesn't see reality?

get this clear, Greg has done nothing that was not expected or he himself has not inclined should be. You may be a loser in life that thinks the odds are insurmountable and that's probably why you wait tables for a living but Iowa and MD are beatable. lack awareness lol, you're retarded on a different level

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT