ADVERTISEMENT

Counting chickens before they hatch

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
What is the NIL expression that is comparable to “Don’t count your chickens until they hatch”?
Deion Sanders might be ahead of the curve on this issue. Clean house and backfill. Annually. Repeat.
NIL compensation is earned.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiloTalon13
What is the NIL expression that is comparable to “Don’t count your chickens until they hatch”?
Deion Sanders might be ahead of the curve on this issue. Clean house and backfill. Annually. Repeat.
NIL compensation is earned.
This gives me a movie idea. Where people battle to the end for some bread. I'll call it Hunger Games! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: RUnTeX
I heard yesterday that Manning has no NIL agreement at Texas. His parents told him he can't have anything until he earns a starting job.
interesting because it was reported it was in the millions. I hope your version is right.

Pre NIL, Post NIL - elite recruits have always been flight risks. Unfortunately basketball hasn't really been in with high level recruits until recently.

The list of "decommits" on the football side could win a national championship.

I've always been a "wake me when the players get on the field/court and produce". Even if someone signs an NLI - it's not a guarantee they actually perform up to their rating (for a variety of reasons). See the jubilation after QB Wimsatt committed and then signed.

Reactions: LotusAggressor
CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK 1

CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK 2

CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK 3

Hell Yeah Chicken GIF by 8it

Reactions: RUDiddy777
well it doesn't mean it wasn't offered as he may be getting it soon enough anyway right? (not arguing with your overall point)
Was it reported he was offered or that he was getting it? I know it’s more about entertainment and clicks but details matter for credibility

Pre NIL, Post NIL - elite recruits have always been flight risks. Unfortunately basketball hasn't really been in with high level recruits until recently.

The list of "decommits" on the football side could win a national championship.

I've always been a "wake me when the players get on the field/court and produce". Even if someone signs an NLI - it's not a guarantee they actually perform up to their rating (for a variety of reasons). See the jubilation after QB Wimsatt committed and then signed.
It doesn't matter if they're 4 and 5 stars when they sign. It matters if they play like 4 and 5 stars once they get on the field. That requires real coaching.

Last edited:
Wow, really bold for the multi millionaire family to turn down cash.

If he blows out his arm how will he ever survive?
Yeah well they did and there aren't a whole lot of examples of that these days. So instead of finding a reason to diminish the decision how bout just appreciating the move in principle vs. poo pooing it cause they have the resources.

Wow, really bold for the multi millionaire family to turn down cash.

If he blows out his arm how will he ever survive?
I’m not so sure his family is that rich. It’s the nephew of Peyton and Eli not the son. I don’t know about you but I have a couple rich brothers and they are not sending me checks

I’m not so sure his family is that rich. It’s the nephew of Peyton and Eli not the son. I don’t know about you but I have a couple rich brothers and they are not sending me checks
This is funny. Do you forget who daddy was?

Yeah well they did and there aren't a whole lot of examples of that these days. So instead of finding a reason to diminish the decision how bout just appreciating the move in principle vs. poo pooing it cause they have the resources.
I mean, it is insanely easy to make this life choice when your life is set up in a way that you never have to worry about money.

Ever notice the only people that say money doesn’t matter are the ones with it?

What you are doing is putting him on a pedestal because he made a decision 99% of kids in his shoes could not afford to make. No need to applaud that

I mean, it is insanely easy to make this life choice when your life is set up in a way that you never have to worry about money.

What you are doing is putting him on a pedestal because he made a decision 99% of kids in his shoes could not afford to make. No need to applaud that
In my opinion you are wrong on all 3 comments.

Btw.. so what do you think about Deon Sanders son? Deon's net worth is listed at $45million and his son got $1.2 million.

Coopers net is listed at $12mil.

"According to estimates from On3.com, Sanders is the ninth most valuable college football player, worth approximately $1.2 million on the NIL market. Beyond BRADY, Sanders is also the first HBCU athlete to sign a deal with Gatorade as well as the youngest ever pitchman for Beats by Dre."

Just a quick example. I'm sure there are plenty more. AND I am not saying he was bad for taking it.

The funny thing is "until he earns the starting job", is a really interesting way to put it.

A) If he doesn't beat out another 5* kid a year ahead of him in Quinn Ewers and doesn't play any meaningful snaps this year, will he stay or will he transfer to Alabama?? Alabama is struggling with poor QB play, based on their spring practices and just took a ND QB from the portal this week.

B) if he stays and doesn't play at all this year, does that hurt his potential NFL stock?? There's one thing to claiming to have principles and values, until it starts to impact his bottom line (QB status and image on being a Manning QB, comes with insane expectations).

Let's not get all crazy with this, he's going to play, as soon as Ewers has a 3 pick game and/or Texas doesn't perform up to expectations.

The funny thing is "until he earns the starting job", is a really interesting way to put it.

A) If he doesn't beat out another 5* kid a year ahead of him in Quinn Ewers and doesn't play any meaningful snaps this year, will he stay or will he transfer to Alabama?? Alabama is struggling with poor QB play, based on their spring practices and just took a ND QB from the portal this week.

B) if he stays and doesn't play at all this year, does that hurt his potential NFL stock?? There's one thing to claiming to have principles and values, until it starts to impact his bottom line (QB status and image on being a Manning QB, comes with insane expectations).

Let's not get all crazy with this, he's going to play, as soon as Ewers has a 3 pick game and/or Texas doesn't perform up to expectations.
It wouldn't surprise me if he wound up at Alabama eventually. As far as his NFL draft stock, I don't think there are that many people in the NFL that have any idea what it takes to be good at the position. That's why there's so much mediocrity at QB outside of about 10 guys.

I think the plan all along was for Ewers to start this year and have Arch back him up and learn the system, and then start next year when Ewers looks to go pro.

I agree
I can’t imagine criticizing a kid born into poverty for seeking to maximize his income over all else

interesting because it was reported it was in the millions. I hope your version is right.
If I read same article as you I believe that is based on a mathematical algorithm of what he is worth in the marketplace, not the contracts he actually has signed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT