ADVERTISEMENT

Dawes to the Hall

That wouldn't be as nearly as uncommon as you think it is. Kids you use addresses to play sports in different places - going way back in time. Even at an early age.

And just looked up Bryan Antoine. Says he's from New York. Jus like on here people said Sool Diggins was from Philly, when he's not

I wouldn't say he thrived at Florida. He entered college as a projected NBA lottery pick, scored 8.2 points a game for 2 years and ended up being drafted with the 56th pick in the draft. They both completely snubbed RU.

We took Spencer instead of pursuing him. Had Spencer not come, Dawes or Hammond likely would have
OK. I've never seen Spencer play. But Loyola Maryland is a low-major. Clemson is in the ACC. Generally speaking, players from Clemson better players than those from Loyola.

OK. I've never seen Spencer play. But Loyola Maryland is a low-major. Clemson is in the ACC. Generally speaking, players from Clemson better players than those from Loyola.
Spencer was the best player in his low conference. Dawes was an average starter in the ACC. They’re probably pretty comparable. I think we should have taken both but I’ll trust their judgment on this one.

Duke was a 4 Star HS Recruit playing in the BIG Conference. When you assume........ Just sayin.

Sha was the lead recruiter on Dawes at SHU and when he left for SPC, Dawes went to Clemson.

tenor.gif

Dawes didn't do much against us in the '21 tourney or last year's game at Jersey Mike's RAC for that matter. Not sure what Carino saw. He'll probably be solid for shoe, but I wouldn't worry about him lighting us up like Aiken did.
Nobody will be lighting it up for the Pirates, that's not how Holloway rolls. Rotation will be 10 deep with intense defense and scoring will be shared by many.

Dawes was in Holloways pocket since he was hired at SHU, both attended the same high school. Dawes was set to join the Hall out of high school, than Holloway went to SPU and Dawes to Clemson.

Dawes at Clemson 2022: 11.4 PTS, 2.3 AST, 3 PT 40%, FT 85%

Dawes production was similar to Geo Baker when comparing stats per minutes played. Dawes was a better 3 point and free throw shooter than any of Rutgers regular rotation players.

SHU Perimeter shooting in 2023: Jackson 42%, Dawes 40%, Richmond 37%, Harris 37%

Last edited:
Nobody will be lighting it up for the Pirates, that's not how Holloway rolls. Rotation will be 10 deep with intense defense and scoring will be shared by many.

Dawes was in Holloways pocket since he was hired at SHU, both attended the same high school. Dawes was set to join the Hall out of high school, than Holloway went to SPU and Dawes to Clemson.

Dawes production was similar to Geo Baker when comparing stats per minutes played. Dawes was a better 3 point and free throw shooter than any of Rutgers regular rotation players.

SHU Perimeter shooting in 2023: Jackson 42%, Dawes 40%, Richmond 37%, Harris 37%
Eh player.......If he was considering us and turned us down, I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

Nor would I putting my chest out if he committed.

He's an ok player - nothing more / nothing less.....

Spencer fills a much bigger need. May also be a better player, period.

RU had more of a 3-headed "PG" style the last 2-3 years so I wouldn't say a comparison of stats between Geo and Dawes is too relevant. Anyway like I said, Dawes will be solid for shoe--and I'd be happy if he came to RU with Geo and possibly McConnell gone-- but he's nowhere near the threat a healthy Aiken was imho.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought someone named Dawes was elected to the Hall of Fame

Dawes is a JAG. You are always anti RU for whatever reason
What is a JAG?

Always anti RU?

Are you joking? All I posted was that Rutgers may have believed, or known, that Al-Amir Dawes wasn't coming.

Coaches aren't stupid. They can figure that stuff out during their many conversations with a recruit and his family and then they move on to the next guy on their board. Which is the smart thing to do.

Is Sha following the Pike philosophy and recruiting for a system over number of stars?

What is a JAG?

Always anti RU?

Are you joking? All I posted was that Rutgers may have believed, or known, that Al-Amir Dawes wasn't coming.

Coaches aren't stupid. They can figure that stuff out during their many conversations with a recruit and his family and then they move on to the next guy on their board. Which is the smart thing to do.
Just Another Guy

What is a JAG?

Always anti RU?

JAG stands for Just a Guy.

Basically it means - he'll contribute but he's not going to make or break a team

Reactions: Russ Wood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT