ADVERTISEMENT

DE recruiting 2016

ruready07

All American
Apr 15, 2003
We have a few excellent prospects in the region with serious mutual interest. Karamo Dioubate's film really stands out, along with Ron Johnson, Rashan Gary, Quayshon Alexander and Jamal Holloway. Looks like we need at least 2 DEs in this class. Id take any 2 person combination of these guys.

How many DEs do we take this year?

Any other guys we should know about?

Don't think we have a shot with Gary and I'd guess Ron Johnson to PSU. Our best shot is with Quayshon Alexander, who is Kiy Hester's brother.

Originally posted by ruready07:

Any other guys we should know about?
We have a shot of a bunch more guys. I will give you one name since we are his clear leader-Tymir Oliver from Philly.

I think Gary is more inside but he could probably play any of the 4 positions. I like our chances with Ron johnson, holloway, and Quayshon

Originally posted by rutgersal:
Don't think we have a shot with Gary and I'd guess Ron Johnson to PSU. Our best shot is with Quayshon Alexander, who is Kiy Hester's brother.
Based on what? A gut feeling? You would be hard pressed to have any quotes talking about what are their top schools right now.

Long way to go with Gary.

Dioubate would probably be a 3T at Rutgers.

2016 Philly target Shaka Toney was on campus this weekend. Would expect some names to emerge from Florida

Originally posted by cubuffsdoug:

Originally posted by rutgersal:
Based on what? A gut feeling? You would be hard pressed to have any quotes talking about what are their top schools right now.
I got peoples out in PA who are bigtime psu fans & they feel he's there's if they want him believe it or not, think they're going after some higher ranked guys......Is Oliver a de or dt?

I get the sense that Gary is one of those the grass is greener, easily distracted by flashy Urban Meyer kind of kid. Don't think he cares too much about Jersey.

Originally posted by ArminRU:
I get the sense that Gary is one of those the grass is greener, easily distracted by flashy Urban Meyer kind of kid. Don't think he cares too much about Jersey.
I don't think you could be MORE wrong in this post. I'm not saying he'll come here, but he is, from what I've read and heard, a very humble and low-key young man.

At first glance I thought this thread was about recruiting the state of Delaware. Nice to know we have talent in NJ, but with Big Ten membership, I hope that being recruited to Rutgers has grown in significance for student/athletes in many other areas, particularly states where the Big Ten has a long-standing footprint (PA, OH, IL, MI, WI). And given the resume of OL coach Mitch Browning, a Perrysvile, OH native who has made stops along the way at Akron, Ohio State, Miami of Ohio, Minnesota, Kansas, OL recruits from the midwest shouldn't be unexpected.

Originally posted by thad23:
Originally posted by ArminRU:
I don't think you could be MORE wrong in this post. I'm not saying he'll come here, but he is, from what I've read and heard, a very humble and low-key young man.
This^^^

Armin hasn't a clue. He may come to RU, he may not. But it won't be because he was "distracted" or didn't give us serious consideration. Good, smart kid from good family.

I'm curious how Armin got "the sense" about Rashan. Did you speak to him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT