ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Michelle Jefferson?

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
She has been very involved with the team(when there was one). She comes to many games, and as Dean of students @Douglass for 20 years she has connections all over. I remember seeing her at games often. She is very close to Michelle Edwards as well which may factor in the whole mess. Again, would be outstanding for continuity.

Thanks for sharing. This is the first I've heard of her. Nice to know that the team has had that kind of additional support.

She has been very involved with the team(when there was one). She comes to many games, and as Dean of students @Douglass for 20 years she has connections all over. I remember seeing her at games often. She is very close to Michelle Edwards as well which may factor in the whole mess. Again, would be outstanding for

She has been very involved with the team(when there was one). She comes to many games, and as Dean of students @Douglass for 20 years she has connections all over. I remember seeing her at games often. She is very close to Michelle Edwards as well which may factor in the whole mess. Again, would be outstanding for continuity.
I don't understand. What's a guest coach?

Maybe she can be an assistant coach.
Sarcasm, I hope?? I don't think one game sitting near the bench as an honoree qualifies you for assistant coaching. If it does, there are a number of Cager's Club folks who were honorary coaches, as well.

Why does the photo say 'about 5 years ago'.
Is this something that is happening now or did it occur 5 years ago?
5 years ago, she sat on the end of the bench and was honored as a "guest coach" - it got you announced to the crowd and I think you got to see the halftime locker room speech. A number of high donors and Cager's Club leaders were also "Guest Coaches".

I don't have any idea why she was brought up in a thread except that, as the faculty mentor for WBB (at least at that time) I think there was a hope she could help with continuity for remaining students.

Hopefully she can get Coach Edwards to stay put in one position or another.
I would think that if Coach Edwards was better than Coach Eatman then she would have been the acting head coach. If she wasn't even as good as him I don't think we need her on the new staff.
Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT