ADVERTISEMENT

Did they do away with the "flopping" technical foul this season?

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
Seems like Tominaga gets away with it a lot. Not just tonight but other games I've seen on TV. Then I stopped and realized I don't think I've seen it called at all this season. Last year it was called at least two or three times a game. I remember Paul getting called for it quite a few times.

Last edited:
It was called mostly on offensive charge type plays and that rule changed so it’s very hard to get that call so not worth the embellishment.

Think everyone - including the refs - just stopped for a second - looked at him and thought -- did you really just do that. I was thinking about a flop T when he did that.

Think everyone - including the refs - just stopped for a second - looked at him and thought -- did you really just do that. I was thinking about a flop T when he did that.
Yeah, that first one was laughable.

The first one was ridiculous. I was hoping they would keep replaying it on the jumbotron to get the crowd going.

Reactions: BillyC80
Seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur and the “cylinder” foul…
I also thought the cylinder foul was going but then leave it to Eric Curry , the white hair ref , who for some reason has reffed a number of Big 10 games as he used to be on the west coast. The last 2-3 games I watched he called the cylinder foul 5 times. Stunning , amazing and unnecessary penalizing great in your face defense. He is terrible by the way.

Reactions: RW90
I also thought the cylinder foul was going but then leave it to Eric Curry , the white hair ref , who for some reason has reffed a number of Big 10 games as he used to be on the west coast. The last 2-3 games I watched he called the cylinder foul 5 times. Stunning , amazing and unnecessary penalizing great in your face defense. He is terrible by the way.
Never liked that call, from the first time I saw Caleb get slapped with it. I had never heard of it before then.

Never liked that call, from the first time I saw Caleb get slapped with it. I had never heard of it before then.

I think the first time I remember it being called was when Mulcahy took an elbow to the jaw that laid him out. It was reviewed for a possible above-the-shoulder flagrant, and it turned out that Mulcahy just fouled the guy's elbow with his face.

I think the first time I remember it being called was when Mulcahy took an elbow to the jaw that laid him out. It was reviewed for a possible above-the-shoulder flagrant, and it turned out that Mulcahy just fouled the guy's elbow with his face.
I remember that one too. I was like, wtf?

Reactions: RW90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT