ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have any QB recruits for 2022?

RUSK97

Heisman Winner
Dec 28, 2007
CNJ
Esp now that Wimsatt is effectively 2021? Are there any prospects still out there?

Maybe hit the portal . We have had success there with Nelson, rettig , Bolin, Carter and vederal (the best of them ).

I see Devin Kargman as the only person with a Rutgers offer and has not committed to a school. Does anyone have any information on this kid that's ok for the free board?
This is a kid who Rutgers would have made a legit offer if he was the Big North, not South Jersey.

Lainez would be nice but next year and pro-style QB, rather than dual-threat.
based on the article, seems like he wants to be here. Give him the offer. There's no guarantee that Wimsatt will be the golden boy anyway. Especially given that he is being recruited by MSU, Illinois, Louisville, WVU as well. Guy runs a 4.6 and is athletic.

I'm sure we told Wimsatt that we wouldn't recruit another QB for that class. If so you can't go back on that. You'd lose a lot of trust

Reactions: Doctor Worm
But Plum isn't using the portal for a QB the same thing as recruiting one?
At least in Wimsatt's eyes

He needs to cut his hair.

This is what a QB should look like.

Dodd_Chas.jpg

But Plum isn't using the portal for a QB the same thing as recruiting one?
At least in Wimsatt's eyes
I don’t think so . I think if it was a 5th year guy to add depth winstatt understands . But I was really joking , I don’t think schiano would go to portal.

I'm sure we told Wimsatt that we wouldn't recruit another QB for that class. If so you can't go back on that. You'd lose a lot of trust
Yeah, but he’s now class of 2011. Surely no one expects to be the only QB recruit for multiple years?

He's a 2022 recruit in reality. Not talking at all about multiple years. Just one year which I'm sure Schiano promised

Yeah, but he’s now class of 2011. Surely no one expects to be the only QB recruit for multiple years?
They have plenty of other areas of need so just because he arrived early doesn't mean you need another QB in the class. That slot will be used in the transfer portal to get a player for the OL, DT, etc.

based on the article, seems like he wants to be here. Give him the offer. There's no guarantee that Wimsatt will be the golden boy anyway. Especially given that he is being recruited by MSU, Illinois, Louisville, WVU as well. Guy runs a 4.6 and is athletic.
beaced will tell GREG to OFFER him

His offer isn't committable.
Not trying to be a jerk. I've heard Coach Schiano say that he only makes legit/committable offers. He explained that it is the reason RU will have many less offers out, than other schools. A video of him saying just that, has been on this site.

Has he changed his position on that?

Not trying to be a jerk. I've heard Coach Schiano say that he only makes legit/committable offers. He explained that it is the reason RU will have many less offers out, than other schools. A video of him saying just that, has been on this site.

Some offers have implicit or explicit expiration dates. Kargman's offer may have been commitable at one time.

Changing his position would mean offering like 200+ kids instead of 100 or less.

If you're taking a class of 25 you don't offer just 25 kids and wait until they decide to offer the next guy because recruiting is all about building relationships. You offer a group of kids at each position group and some are higher priorities than others in terms of accepting a commit from. But once a position group fills up all remaining offers are uncommittable.

Changing his position would mean offering like 200+ kids instead of 100 or less.

If you're taking a class of 25 you don't offer just 25 kids and wait until they decide to offer the next guy because recruiting is all about building relationships. You offer a group of kids at each position group and some are higher priorities than others in terms of accepting a commit from. But once a position group fills up all remaining offers are uncommittable.
That's reasonable, and fair.

I would not say that it’s changed, rather they only take a certain number of kids. They landed their QB in 2022 and after that the rest aren’t a take. Simple as that.

Reactions: 198hamilton
Rashad Rochelle was recruited as an athlete but his HUDL video's are all plays at the QB position. I would think that he would be the back up in the night mare scenario where Vedral decides to move on (graduation) and both Simon and Snyder transfer due to PT.

Rashad Rochelle was recruited as an athlete but his HUDL video's are all plays at the QB position. I would think that he would be the back up in the night mare scenario where Vedral decides to move on (graduation) and both Simon and Snyder transfer due to PT.
He strictly plays QB for his high school team but he’s going to be a wide receiver at Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT