ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have the list of players who came back from the 80s 90s 00s

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
I didnt know RU was doing this

Some players back who hadnt been here for a long time. I particularly liked seeing Ricky Shields and Juel Wiggins because they have sort of disappeared

I know Axani, Paesecki from the 00s

Santiago, Robin James, Lumpkin from the 90s

daryl smith and creighton drury were there

who else

alot of the 70s guys were the same as we have seen

Last edited:
Santiago and James were two of the better stories. Damon fought injuries and inconsistency most of his career, then blossomed into a star his senior year, which was also our first year in the Big East. Robin James was the last guy on the bench until Charles Jones flunked out, forcing Wenzel to play James and he became a legit three point threat.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Rudy Manne? Matt Madlinger? Ed Zucker? Steve Hefele? Mark Conlin? Steve Worthy?
Axani? Has Rob Hodgson been back?
Bring Geoff back! He could bring his brother too. ;-).
Hell we should get Bob Wenzel back and do the Bobiscle thing.
Abdel? Remley? Kelvin still around?

Santiago and James were two of the better stories. Damon fought injuries and inconsistency most of his career, then blossomed into a star his senior year, which was also our first year in the Big East. Robin James was the last guy on the bench until Charles Jones flunked out, forcing Wenzel to play James and he became a legit three point threat.
definitely great stories. Yeah James went from bench warmer that people shook their head at to a really decent senior year. Damon was an average player who took huge leaps to have a very good senior year.

Reactions: RW90
Heard Jon McDaniel’s name announced. Played against him in HS.

Shields and Wiggins were in my expository writing class which was pretty cool

Wiggins was a very engaged student that tried hard too. Student athletes sometimes get a bad rap for not caring, but that definitely wasn't the case for him
Wiggns at first wasnt that useful of a player but i think by the time he left he really was a very good defensive player

Shields was one of my faves of all time so it was great to see him come back today. I know he played overseas for a while but not sure where he lives

wonder if we get the FIG players back lol

Wiggns at first wasnt that useful of a player but i think by the time he left he really was a very good defensive player

Shields was one of my faves of all time so it was great to see him come back today. I know he played overseas for a while but not sure where he lives

wonder if we get the FIG players back lol
Pike would have loved Wiggins. Shields threes were beautiful to watch

Reactions: Goku and SBP
Rudy Manne? Matt Madlinger? Ed Zucker? Steve Hefele? Mark Conlin? Steve Worthy?
Axani? Has Rob Hodgson been back?
Bring Geoff back! He could bring his brother too. ;-).
Hell we should get Bob Wenzel back and do the Bobiscle thing.
Abdel? Remley? Kelvin still around?
Remley comes to a lot of games. Kelvin Troy actually married an Irish woman and now coaches high school basketball in Ireland!

Chris Remley was out there on the floor today. 1985 Draft pick of the Celtics... Mr Irrelavant for that year, and I also heard then announce Matt Madlinger

• Love
Reactions: DirtyRU
Give me Josh Sankes, Avedis Kinesh, and Gil Buruda (sorry..not looking up real spelling with apologies to them) .

Btw..has anyone seen Sheridan yet?

Reactions: Sweet Peas Corner
Ricky shields is still one of my favorite Rutgers players. His 3pt shot was so pretty to watch

Reactions: Scangg
Saw Juel after the game...has a beautiful family now...he's an amazing story of perseverance...all RU basketball fans should be proud of that dude.

Today was the first time Shields had been on campus since FHJ was Coach.

Mack is playing overseas, and Farmer is the head coach of Salem HS here in South Jersey.

Dudley Tighe. He was my gym teacher growing up in East Brunswick.

Saw Juel after the game...has a beautiful family now...he's an amazing story of perseverance...all RU basketball fans should be proud of that dude.

Today was the first time Shields had been on campus since FHJ was Coach.

Mack is playing overseas, and Farmer is the head coach of Salem HS here in South Jersey.
BK -At one point, they had the team from the early 00's on the court: Axani; Wiggan; Shields. There was 1 guy who appeared to be about 6'8" or so and was wearing a baseball cap and I believe was holding his child.

Who was that?

He appeared to be a teammate of Shields/ Axani etc.

Thanks,
Phil

definitely great stories. Yeah James went from bench warmer that people shook their head at to a really decent senior year. Damon was an average player who took huge leaps to have a very good senior year.
James was an interesting story. I remember the upset loss to FDU early in his career when because of injuries, he had to play and guard their small quick guards and act as the primary ball handler. That was his low point– – he just didn’t look like he belonged. Bob Wenzel always believed in him. The high point came as a senior when he was the star of the game against Temple when RU upset them in the Palestra in an A-10 tournament game.

With Santiago it was so great to see him explode his senior year. He deserved it. He was a great guy when he was here – – there was no student athlete happier to give the kids autographs and engage the fans than him.

Last edited:
Who was gentlemen in red pants? I saw him speaking to J Williams after game. Seemed like a cold dude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT