ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. 23 Ohio State

We were not going to win every game and it hurts when we lose. Sorry but this one is one is on the refs... Pike taking the technical was appropriate because every neutral observer could see the game was not called fairly. Jacob Young's injury is concerning...my guess is he is out 3 weeks. It's was a devastating loss because it was stolen from the kids and we lost JY for an extended period of time.

Any dumbass who is talking about our depth can you please give me one school who plays three centers?

Saying we have no depth is just dumb. If Myles stays in the game we win. Simple as that. If the center position didn’t matter than no team would have them.

depth is a huge issue....

By the way, we're going to miss JY more than Geo next year, unless they don't leave (I assume the COVID exception is all sports - haven't paid attention)...
100%

Some people still don't understand how good he is and what he does for this team

We are 6-1 with 3 quality wins. Pike has also shown he can spot under recruited talent and develop them. Myles and Geo and Ron are all perfect examples. I’m fine with Pike and his recruiting.

We looked a lot worse early last year.

I know.

I'm not the guy you need to be addressing this post to. It's the other guy I'm talking to who started it with this post:

Didn't wanna sat anything but knew we'd lose.. We're not that deep. Geo needs to act like a senior- and Pike needs to recruit overall better. He's givin out schollys to guys- who are 2-3 yrs from B10 ready.. Is what it is

Fred would never recruit the next level down. He would go for broke or get nothing at all (See: Not taking Dasean Butler).

Pike is willing to take the next level down (someone with 1-2 Power 5 offers like Reiber or Mags or one other good offer like Palmquist) because they may require development time, but it's better than pulling in nothing.

And about "grads or other transfers" - we didn't win those battles. It's that simple. We're at a precarious stage in roster development right now. We need to make the tournament in order to get those players to consider us as a top option, or we need to start paying out.
We are 6-1 with 3 quality wins. Pike has also shown he can spot under recruited talent and develop them. Myles and Geo and Ron are all perfect examples. I’m fine with Pike and his recruiting.

We looked a lot worse early last year.

Best revenge, clean their clocks at the RAC. Can’t get that game back even though the refs really did make it hard to play under the boards for RU.

As someone who doesn’t follow the program as closely anymore, the superlatives and descriptors used for the team make me think I’m in an alternate universe. Please keep it up. 🙏
I guess in this alternate universe one thing still stay the same...the refs suck. Now I remember one of the reasons I took a step away. Seeing crap like today just makes my blood boil and I’m not usually like that and prefer to avoid it.

Do you understand basketball you had to buy your best center 10 minutes. He should have sat the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd half. I'm 6'2 and guarded 6''6" guys down low it's not real hard to play defense.....and being that he is 6"8 hes had to in his 19 or 20 yrds played down low
Oh wow do you still have eligibility?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT