ADVERTISEMENT

Gong Show Aficionados, Gene Gene the Dancin' Machine Is No Longer With Us

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
I loved the Gong Show, and Chuck Barris totally sold this whole thing. I loved it when Gene came on at the end of the show and Chuck became ecstatic, and Gene would dance in that patented way of his, hardly dance at all, have stuff thrown at him, and somehow the whole thing worked. Gene was a total boss, and it still makes me smile watching these clips. Now I miss that guy. Tonight I learned that he passed away a few days ago, on the 9th.

This post was edited on 3/14 10:44 PM by RutgersRaRa

Gene Gene Rules!

Re: Gong Show Aficionados, Gene Gene the Dancing' Machine Is No Longer With Us

The unknown comic was also memorable.

Originally posted by ddsmugs:

The unknown comic was also memorable.
Please, use capital letters when referring to the bagged man.

I saw the Unknown Comic in Vegas, he was great. Took his bag off after 20 minutes. This was many years ago.

That movie was pretty incredible, and it's made me wonder ever since. I'm leaning pretty heavily toward it being folklore, but what a storyline. Now if Gene was a spy....

I just watched that montage again, and I am crying I'm laughing so hard!! Go to 1:12 mark when Chuck hears the music introducing Gene, then watch the dance Chuck does with the hat, cowboy belt, and whipped cream in his face!! OMG what a great half hour of television that was!

Chuck goes nuts at 1:12!!!

Chuck should could dance! I wonder if he could coach our running backs ti make moves like that.

-Scarlet Jerry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT